Papac - Misses next TWO games

nvager

Well will it be Whittaker at RB and Broadfoot at LB vs Aberdeen and DU?

I just know that it will be very interesting to see if we can cope, because both give wingers far too much space to cross balls and both get caught up field.

On the other hand Papac has not been too good recently either.

Says a lot for our full back positions regarding depth and quality.

Hopefully Steven Smith gets a bit of a lift from the sending off and get his head down in training (if he is not injured that is). This could be his chance to prove he still has something to offer to the club. You can't go and play a CB, who is just about comfortable playing at RB, at LB. One player missing out (a CB playing at LB!) proves how little depth we have in the positions that matter.

The next 2 matches are absoloutly vital, must win games and if we come out 6 points better off the league is ours IMO. Just hope we can cope with the rejig in defence.

On seeing the highlights on Setanta a wee minute ago I think there is suffice evidence for an appeal. Looked like the ref sent him off to level up the fact he sent a Falkirk player off. Bit cynical but there was cover coming back and the position of the tackle on the field didn't merit a red card IMO.

Ref looked shocking yesterday - 2 stone wall penalties turned down and he gave the weakest appeal a spot kick. No doubt he'll be in charge of a SPL game next week when he really should be demoted to the First Division for a few matches. Does beg the question though - with all the radio links and communication between the four officials - how can they continue to make big bloopers?

Another example of Walter Smith's very poor handling of transfers, a big squad but no balance so positions like left back have very poor cover. Whittaker is shite but sadly hes the best we've got to come in, Papac has had a bad run of form recently but i'd still rather have him in there than Bambi on Ice.

Stevie Smith is about a stone overweight and is regularly torn to pieces when he plays for the reserves. It would be nothing short of suicide to start him at Pittodrie.

It has to be Whittaker, it's a no brainer. For some reason he seems to play better at left back than right back.

Stevie Smith is about a stone overweight and is regularly torn to pieces when he plays for the reserves. It would be nothing short of suicide to start him at Pittodrie.

I'm dissaspointed with how Smith's career has panned out.

While he still had plenty of flaws in his game, particularly defensively, he actually could have become a decent player to have around the sqaud.