***The Official Scum v Rangers Thread***

Muff

What i think we have in our favor is the fact we have goals in us at back middle and front they arent getting goals from any of their midfield and front players apart for the odd one

from Calldwell and McAnus which only come from set pieces.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The formation up at Pittodrie was the right one, just a pity Wally couldn't get the personnel right!

If we had gone 4-4-2, McDonald, Mulgrew, Kerr, Aluko and Miller would have had more time and space.

It was anti-football all over again!

4-5-1 does not = anti-football

If you play the correct personnel it is very much an attacking formation

The 'anti-football' tag is a load of rubbish - it may not have been wave after wave of attack, mainy down to the personnel and way Wally set them out but we still had plenty of chances to win the game. You have seen the 4-4-2 this season!

The formation up at Pittodrie was the right one, just a pity Wally couldn't get the personnel right!

If we had gone 4-4-2, McDonald, Mulgrew, Kerr, Aluko and Miller would have had more time and space.

It was anti-football all over again!

4-5-1 does not = anti-football

If you play the correct personnel it is very much an attacking formation

Thats exactly why i posted an attacking 4-5-1 as my formation.

But 4-5-1 and Walter Smith equal anti-football.

With Boyd up on his own - when we are under pressure and pegged back, the two out of three front/wide men are back helping out and Boyd is up there on his own - a launch up the park or racking ball into the corner, and Boyd is never going to win/make it.

I have seen Boyd enough to know that he should never again be played upfront on his own, unless we sign the likes of Gerrard, Alonso, Messi, Ronaldo, Alves, Lahm....

With Boyd up on his own - when we are under pressure and pegged back, the two out of three front/wide men are back helping out and Boyd is up there on his own - a launch up the park or racking ball into the corner, and Boyd is never going to win/make it.

I have seen Boyd enough to know that he should never again be played upfront on his own, unless we sign the likes of Gerrard, Alonso, Messi, Ronaldo, Alves, Lahm....

I agree

having said that, i would MUCH prefer him to play up front on his own than Miller, who should be nowhere near the team.

If either Boyd or Miller had to play up on their own, I'd chose Miller. For the simple reason that Boyd is fucking brutal up on his own.

Thankfully this is not the case.

Would a draw be a good result?

They are on top, so a draw is better for them than for us, even though on the face of it you would say they are at home so a draw would be decent.

Its hard to judge that...people may say yes, but what if we batter them all game and draw 0-0? We would be gutted.

If either Boyd or Miller had to play up on their own, I'd chose Miller. For the simple reason that Boyd is fucking brutal up on his own.

At least with Boyd you would have an outside chance of scoring from a break of the ball or something, Miller needs about 10 efforts before he gets a crack on target lately..and as we saw at Ibrox with Boyd, clear cut chances wont come along as often as they do in other SPL games for us.

For me, no. celtc are shite, we aint much better (if at all?) but if we want to win the league, then these are the games we need to start winning. The players owe us a win after what has gone on so far this season.

However, that may cahnge come full time!?

They are on top, so a draw is better for them than for us, even though on the face of it you would say they are at home so a draw would be decent.

Its hard to judge that...people may say yes, but what if we batter them all game and draw 0-0? We would be gutted.

Its a tough question i know because if we play well and draw it would be a dissapointment but i think it would be a good result for us going into it. I think they will slip up a few more times plus we have them at ibrox which is a must win.

Im confident of taking all three points at parkhead though

Exactly.

If were playing one up front you need somebody that's able to hold the ball up, Boyd isn't this type of player.

At least with Boyd you would have an outside chance of scoring from a break of the ball or something, Miller needs about 10 efforts before he gets a crack on target lately..and as we saw at Ibrox with Boyd, clear cut chances wont come along as often as they do in other SPL games for us.

It would be like a game of ping pong with Boyd up there and he'd be breathing out his arse after 30 odd minutes.

this game cant come quickly enough for me. I am still pissed we didnt win the game at ibrox, cant believe we lost it with the posession and chances we had compared to them( think they had 2 shot on target the whole game and scored one of them) We should be going into this game ahead not behind and the only thing i will accept is us being top at the end of it. A draw wouldnt be a disaster as they will drop a lot more points between now and the end of the season but imo a win is so much more important than just the 3 points we will get. They were 7 points clear in december and most people had written us off. For us to be back on top by mid feb will be a massive psycological blow to their team which is already suffering from a slump in form and team spirit. We MUST take advantage of this. A good hammering like we gave them in august would be perfect but right now i will take a 1-0 win via a flukey own goal as long as we get the win.

this game cant come quickly enough for me. I am still pissed we didnt win the game at ibrox, cant believe we lost it with the posession and chances we had compared to them( think they had 2 shot on target the whole game and scored one of them) We should be going into this game ahead not behind and the only thing i will accept is us being top at the end of it. A draw wouldnt be a disaster as they will drop a lot more points between now and the end of the season but imo a win is so much more important than just the 3 points we will get. They were 7 points clear in december and most people had written us off. For us to be back on top by mid feb will be a massive psycological blow to their team which is already suffering from a slump in form and team spirit. We MUST take advantage of this. A good hammering like we gave them in august would be perfect but right now i will take a 1-0 win via a flukey own goal as long as we get the win.

Last time out was pretty pathetic from ourselves, the response to going a goal behind was nothing short of shocking. If we go a goal behind this time round they need to do a lot better.