***The Official Scum v Rangers Thread***

Muff

Score predictions???

Im genuinely confident of a 2-1 or a 1-0, im sure they are equally confident coming into this game too however.

I'd say a draw would be an ok result, think they will slip up more with their remaining fixtures and we'll gub em at ibrox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rate Edu, i really do, but it would be insane to start him at the Piggery.

I honestly don't know what team i'd go with.

I wouldn't really start Edu either, but I'm not optimistic about how well Ferguson is going to play. At least including Edu would involve an element of surprise, and my patience with Ferguson's continual under-achievement is running thin.

If Novo's injured I suppose it'll have to be Miller taking his place.

There is no way WS will put out a team without ma ba Ferguson my biggest worry is the fact every time we have had the chance to go top we have blowen it thanks to Smiths selections.

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :aaron:

:fleck:

:lafferty: :boyd:

Gary Glitter FC 1-3 Rangers

Boyd
Lafferty
Fleck

I think the key to this game is pace, I really dont think we can afford to be pissing about giving everyone early touches, we need to get right in there from the first whistle. Thats why Ferguson isnt in there but aaron is. Ferguson dictates the tempo and its about as fast as a cripple running the 100m sprint. After reading about him and watching a few videos it looks like aaron is a real tricky player who is not afraid to take on people and lest face it, whoever plays right back for the mhank is probably pish. Unfortunatly I cant see this team playing, Walter will probably just play Ferguson, McCulloch, Mhisser etc :anguish::anguish: (thank fuck Adam isn't around!)

This has to be one of the worst Celtic teams in a while so anything less than a win will be poor.

I see the 4-5-1 that Wally got slated for up at Pittodrie is now becoming popular :lol:

It's the formation we should always play, the 4-4-2 is past it's best, especially with the players we have at the club.

I see the 4-5-1 that Wally got slated for up at Pittodrie is now becoming popular :lol:

It's the formation we should always play, the 4-4-2 is past it's best, especially with the players we have at the club.

Sure as hell isn't popular with me. THAT 4-5-1 was not the correct way to play. Look at the formation i posted above, very different.

Sure as hell isn't popular with me. THAT 4-5-1 was not the correct way to play. Look at the formation i posted above, very different.

You'd let Boyd lead the line against Celtic <cr>

The formation up at Pittodrie was the right one, just a pity Wally couldn't get the personnel right!

If we had gone 4-4-2, McDonald, Mulgrew, Kerr, Aluko and Miller would have had more time and space.

:mcgregor:
:broadfoot: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:
:davis: :mendes: :ferguson:
:fleck:
:lafferty: :Naismith:

Couldn't decide between Naismith or Boyd but this isn't Boyds type of game. And if Boyd does play with Lafferty then they are both the same sort of player. Lafferty has shown he isn't a ball carrier or crosser of the ball and Boyd is a real poacher. Naismith might add something different. Boyd should come on at around 60-65 mins though.

Rangers 2-0 Celtic
Fleck
Naismith

--------------McGregor--------------

-Broadfoot-Weir-Bougherra-Papac-

--------------McCulloch--------------

-Davis--Mendes-Ferguson-Fleck---

---------------Miller------------------

IMO thats what Walter will play.

I think we can sneak this one 1-0.

Considering most people are choosing a 4-5-1, I'm really worried about the lone forward role. I don't think Boyd can do it, Miller would be terrible, and I don't have that much confidence in Lafferty being able to fill the role either.

You'd let Boyd lead the line against Celtic <cr>

Yes, i gave reasons in another thread which basically say i think it would be throwing the likes of Lafferty into the deep end, and because Miller has been so terrible. I didn't think Boyd was one of the worst performers last time out against them so i'm willing to give him a second chance.