***The Official Scum v Rangers Thread***

Muff

We must play at a high tempo on Sunday.

No Ferguson or Broadfoot needing 5 touches of the ball before they move it on, no pissing around with freekicks or throw ins. Celtic can't cope with quick sides.

And please, please do not try any short corners Walter. To cry them a disaster is a complete under-statement.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck strikers

:lol:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:ferguson:

:Naismith::davis: :mendes: :fleck:

:lafferty:

That's what I'd start with (I think, I keep chopping and changing) with Naismith and Fleck supporting Lafferty.

Celtc are there for the taking. If we start at a high tempo from the first whistle and attack them I can see a victory.

But wih Walter in charge it almost seems inevatible that he will get the formation and personnel wrong- again.

But wih Walter in charge it almost seems inevatible that he will get the formation and personnel wrong- again.

As wrong as he got it last time we went to the Piggery?

He didn't get it wrong he got it right. With a Cousin type player up front getting stuck into Caldwell and McManus.

But we don't have that type of player now so I'm bracing myself for a front line of Kenny Miller with Lee McCulloch thrown into the team somewhere.

Robson, McManus and Hartley all pulled out of the Scotland camp - all three are likely to start and can't be fully fit. For me McManus is the weak link - get at him from the word go, stretch him, pull him out wide and let him commit himself and he will give away fouls all day. It is so easy to drag him out of position and once you have done, he just dives in. This is an even bigger reason not to play Boyd.

Barry Robson doesn't like being hit, Inverness proved this - it's just ashame we don't have anyone to put the boot in.

No, wrong as in as wrong as he got it Aberdeen.

Or St Mirren.

Or Kaunas.

Or Tynecastle.

Or St Mirren.

Or Kaunas.

Or Tynecastle.

Some would argue that he didn't get it wrong against Aberdeen (I wasn't one though), I'll agree with Kaunas and the players have to take some responsibilities for St Mirren and Hearts. I was confident that the team that was put out should have easily swept aside St Mirren, they just didn't perform.

Or St Mirren.

Or Kaunas.

Or Tynecastle.

Some would argue that he didn't get it wrong against Aberdeen (I wasn't one though), I'll agree with Kaunas and the players have to take some responsibilities for St Mirren and Hearts. I was confident that the team that was put out should have easily swept aside St Mirren, they just didn't perform.

He got the formation against Aberdeen spot on, but the personnel was horrendous.

He got his formation righ, up at Aberdeen, however he got the personnel wrong!

4-4-2 would have seen McDonald, Aluko, Miller, Mulgrew and Kerr see more of the ball, they would have had more time and space. The would have pummeled us in the middle of the park, their wide men (who were on form up until that match) would have been more involved, they would have got past Broadfoot and Papac on more occassions which would result in a few more chances for Mackie and Miller - now our defence is not the greatest, even although we have the best defensive record in the league, so I would not liked to have seen Miller and Mackie given more chances!

He got his formation righ, up at Aberdeen, however he got the personnel wrong!

4-4-2 would have seen McDonald, Aluko, Miller, Mulgrew and Kerr see more of the ball, they would have had more time and space. The would have pummeled us in the middle of the park, their wide men (who were on form up until that match) would have been more involved, they would have got past Broadfoot and Papac on more occassions which would result in a few more chances for Mackie and Miller - now our defence is not the greatest, even although we have the best defensive record in the league, so I would not liked to have seen Miller and Mackie given more chances!

Thats such a bizarre fact haha

This game is for the taking, assuming we remember to play the ball on the deck, with pace. I have a feeling we will see Boyd at some point, and, hopefully he will make amends for the miss in the last one. Hopefully, since he will be on the field, Ferguson will turn up

Ferguson has to turn up!

If he doesn't then he should be dropped for good.

I think this is 'the one' for Barry.

If he can't produce it now then I probably won't stop criticising him until the day he leaves.

Ferguson has to turn up!

If he doesn't then he should be dropped for good.

I think this is 'the one' for Barry.

If he can't produce it now then I probably won't stop criticising him until the day he leaves.

I think he'll fail to turn up once again which will leave Davis and Mendes to do all the work which will allow Brown to see a lot of the ball. Then we'll see McCulloch, Wally and Durrant come out on Monday and tell us to give him more time - Barry Ferguson is finished!

Muff you criticise everyone m8, they arent doing the job as well as they can your right but you have to back the team that goes out on the park specially leading up to a game like this, a think any team walter puts out can beat that lot imo, no surrender !!

Robson, McManus and Hartley all pulled out of the Scotland camp - all three are likely to start and can't be fully fit. For me McManus is the weak link - get at him from the word go, stretch him, pull him out wide and let him commit himself and he will give away fouls all day. It is so easy to drag him out of position and once you have done, he just dives in. This is an even bigger reason not to play Boyd.

Barry Robson doesn't like being hit, Inverness proved this - it's just ashame we don't have anyone to put the boot in.

fleck could do it he took out mancini

Muff you criticise everyone m8, they arent doing the job as well as they can your right but you have to back the team that goes out on the park specially leading up to a game like this, a think any team walter puts out can beat that lot imo, no surrender !!

And rightly so - we don't have any consistant performers, even my so-called 'favourites' as people put it, don't always do it, McGregor, Bougherra, Thomson, Davis and Mendes. Although they do it more often than not.

I don't agree with the part about any team Wally putting out beating celtc - the 27th December showed that!

Lets face facts this celtic team struggled at home vs Queens Park. They are not a good side. Walter nevertheless will show them too much respect and play the same formation and a similar team to that which drew with Aberdeen. I hope I am wrong. If we do and play Miller alone again up front we can forget it. Furthermore McCulloch will give away numerous free kicks around the box for Nakamura to score.

We must go all out for a win and put THEM under pressure. Not throw away points like we did by giving the opposition too much respect a la Aberdeen.

If we go all out for a win and get it it will give us such a lift and completely demoralise THEM.

We should go with an attacking team and Boyd and Lafferty up front. Miller should be nowhere near this game.

If we can't come away with at least a draw then there is something wrong.

Will we finally decide to turn up and put in a performance or will it be the same old pishy let down?

Lets face facts this celtic team struggled at home vs Queens Park. They are not a good side. Walter nevertheless will show them too much respect and play the same formation and a similar team to that which drew with Aberdeen. I hope I am wrong. If we do and play Miller alone again up front we can forget it. Furthermore McCulloch will give away numerous free kicks around the box for Nakamura to score.

We must go all out for a win and put THEM under pressure. Not throw away points like we did by giving the opposition too much respect a la Aberdeen.

If we go all out for a win and get it it will give us such a lift and completely demoralise THEM.

We should go with an attacking team and Boyd and Lafferty up front. Miller should be nowhere near this game.

They are a poor side but are we not at least just as poor?

They are a poor side but are we not at least just as poor?

Exactly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was settled with a bit of John Fleck magic or a Nakamura free kick.

There really isn't a lot, if anything, between the two sides. We're probably just a wee bit better, but the home advantage that they have evens the balance.