Garry Lynch RIP

kplfishtank

I didn't think I had met Garry but I've just been informed that I had been at an Orange meeting with him at Olympia House in December, I would like to see a recent picture of him as I must have seen him on my travels throughout Scotland and Europe.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another memory of Garry - at the away game against Zeta last year, just after the fuss at Inverness, I saw him tear a strip off a lad for shouting FTP at the end of The Sash - the lad was nearly in tears when garry finished.

And he had no time for the Nazi in the Vatican, he was a good Orangeman.

He just loved The Rangers.

Also in Zeta,Garry saw the funny side when the bears rather tongue in cheek were belting out the hymms.

That was great, even an old Atheist like me was belting out 'YES! JESUS LOVES ME.....'

I was beside a couple of Strathclyde polis observers and they were pishing themselves....

I didn't think I had met Garry but I've just been informed that I had been at an Orange meeting with him at Olympia House in December, I would like to see a recent picture of him as I must have seen him on my travels throughout Scotland and Europe.

This is from a couple of years ago.

Garry Lynch

Garry Lynch

Thanks for posting that, yea I recognise him from the games and from the meeting that night I was at.

Garry Lynch

Thanks for posting that, yea I recognise him from the games and from the meeting that night I was at.

I recognise him from a few European trips in the last few seasons but i've never known him personally. I must say, reading the articles posted in this thread i think this man may well deserve the title of "Ultimate Rangers Supporter".

It would be shameful if the club did nothing to mark his passing either on Sunday or next week against Kilmarnock. (tu)

if i end up half as good a bear as guys like garry i will be happy

Indeed he only missed something like 2 games in the last 40 years.

That is just incredible! I doubt there was/will ever be a bigger supporter than him.

That record just amazes me.

And he was in hospital when those two were on.

He also attended youth, reserve games as well.

The Rangers family has suffered a big loss today.

I've just learned on FF that he suffered a brain haemorrhage on Tuesday night and today his family took the difficult decision to turn off the life support system. They also agreed to donate his organs in the hope that some good may result from his death.

Very nice and brave decision of the family.

Another one added to the far too long list of Absent Friends :(

I recognise Garry's photo from european trips and certainly spoke to him plenty of times on follow follow, if there was a question about one of our younger players/someone in the reserves his opinion would be one everyone expexted as you knew he was talking form a position of knowledge because he saw so much of our club playing.

As said above a black armband would be fitting on Sunday because this guy was without doubt a servant of the club

RIP Garry.......

It would be shameful if the club did nothing to mark his passing either on Sunday or next week against Kilmarnock. (tu)

The club will certainly know who he is. As i am sure has been done i intend to contact the club to ask them if they will be doing anything, the more that do that i presume the better

A truer Rangers man you'll never meet. Will miss the big guy and the chats by the Ibrox gates.

The family are making funeral arrangements today, there will be many Bears in attendance.

Real sad news, the big chap was brilliant and was enjoying life as a granda.

RIP bigman.