Miller headlining

no excuses...if we had played better we would have won so don't make such dramatic claims Mr Miller

Miller claims Celtic players admitted the referee had got it wrong and the former Parkhead striker fears the decision could cost Rangers the title.

"I was never going to get that penalty because I got the shot away before big Mick (McManus) wiped me out - but that doesn't make it right," Miller told the Daily Record.

"If it had happened anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul. No question.

"Or if it had been the other way around and Mick had cleared it for a corner and I had slid in to him, it would have been a free-kick to Celtic.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...p;TEAMHD=soccer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no excuses...if we had played better we would have won so don't make such dramatic claims Mr Miller

Miller claims Celtic players admitted the referee had got it wrong and the former Parkhead striker fears the decision could cost Rangers the title.

"I was never going to get that penalty because I got the shot away before big Mick (McManus) wiped me out - but that doesn't make it right," Miller told the Daily Record.

"If it had happened anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul. No question.

"Or if it had been the other way around and Mick had cleared it for a corner and I had slid in to him, it would have been a free-kick to Celtic.

What he said is 100% accurate.......should our players not highlight when the ref makes an arse of it...?

What he said is 100% accurate.......should our players not highlight when the ref makes an arse of it...?

(tu)

If Mendes had come out and said this people would be praising it.

(tu)

If Mendes had come out and said this people would be praising it.

Would Miller have been crying about a penalty if he had rattled the bal into the top corner like he should have done? of course not !!

The Mhisser strikes again ...... (what's that no goals in 9games now? and yet Boyd idles on the bench)

the thing is Celtic were there for the taking and we failed ...thats the bottom line

So we haven’t to talk about bad refereeing decisions because we didn’t win the game……why ?

You may remember a dodgy penalty at the piggery last season cost us 3 points and arguably the league, should we just let these things pass without comment ?

I had a great view of it from the south east corner, and it was an absolute stick-on. The ref totally bottled it and refused to give it. The tackle was so late a few of the bears around me didn't even see it as they were following the ball skywards. Had it occured elsewhere on the pitch, it would have certainly been a foul and most probably a booking as it was so late and he went to ground. Big thick Mick gets away with these type of tackles time and time again.

I had a great view of it from the south east corner, and it was an absolute stick-on. The ref totally bottled it and refused to give it. The tackle was so late a few of the bears around me didn't even see it as they were following the ball skywards. Had it occured elsewhere on the pitch, it would have certainly been a foul and most probably a booking as it was so late and he went to ground. Big thick Mick gets away with these type of tackles time and time again.

Before miller commented it hadn’t crossed my mind to be honest, went back and looked at it again and it was a stonewaller….

Can’t believe the ref saw that and didn’t give it as he had shot, this guy is meant to be the person who knows the rules of the game, massively embarrassing for him…….

In place of Miller in a Rangers top, put Totti in an Italian top.

In place of thick Mick in a Celtic top, put him in a Scotland top.

Now, what decision does the International referee give?

it was a no-brainer. and anyone that doesnt think so, isn't using theirs. whether he got the shot away or not, is completely irrelevant.

I actually thought the ref was very good yesterday and got most of the decisions right and refused to be conned by their calling for everything and intimidation from the technical area.

The two decisions he got wrong were key ones though. He did not book Brown very early on for a dreadul challenge which allowed the horrible little scrote to go kicking his way through the 90 minutes before finally being booked near the end, and the penalty.

For us to go to the piggery and have a ref who doesn't give them anything they shouldn't have got, even if that means we dont get a penalty we should have got, that is a great performance and one we are just not used to seeing at the scumhut in recent years where the intimidation of officials is the worst anywhere.

In place of Miller in a Rangers top, put Totti in an Italian top.

In place of thick Mick in a Celtic top, put him in a Scotland top.

Now, what decision does the International referee give?

it was a no-brainer. and anyone that doesnt think so, isn't using theirs. whether he got the shot away or not, is completely irrelevant.

You don't have to go that far, simply replace Miller with Steven Davis and you won't get many arguments that it was a penalty.

Doesn't change the fact he was closer to the corner flag than the goal with that shot, and that was before he got clattered.

Neither does it change the fact it was a penalty........

Would he have complained if he had scored there ?

Do you really need an answer to this pointless question ?

It makes his complaint no less relevant. Why are Rangers fans arguing against a clear penalty claim that would probably have won us the game......

I actually thought the ref was very good yesterday and got most of the decisions right and refused to be conned by their calling for everything and intimidation from the technical area.

The two decisions he got wrong were key ones though. He did not book Brown very early on for a dreadul challenge which allowed the horrible little scrote to go kicking his way through the 90 minutes before finally being booked near the end, and the penalty.

For us to go to the piggery and have a ref who doesn't give them anything they shouldn't have got, even if that means we dont get a penalty we should have got, that is a great performance and one we are just not used to seeing at the scumhut in recent years where the intimidation of officials is the worst anywhere.

He got far more then two decisions wrong....far more.....

I reckon around a few more than that as well, including that fat aussie b*stard kicking out at Papac? i think (late on in the second half) right under the linesmans nose.

It's perhaps as well Shitanta don't have as many cameras at the game than Sky, the EPL referees are microscopically scrutinized, if the SPL refs had the same dissection of their performances it would be completely embarrassing for them.

They are consistently poor and seem to get ALL the major decisions wrong.

I reckon around a few more than that as well, including that fat aussie b*stard kicking out at Papac? i think (late on in the second half) right under the linesmans nose.

It's perhaps as well Shitanta don't have as many cameras at the game than Sky, the EPL referees are microscopically scrutinized, if the SPL refs had the same dissection of their performances it would be completely embarrassing for them.

They are consistently poor and seem to get ALL the major decisions wrong.

The weir and naismith bookings plus the corner and subsequent booking of ferguson spring to mind straight away........

I hear he is the ref for the cup final as well........

I'm struggling to believe that people think Miller is in the wrong here <cr>

It was a foul. It was inside the box. It was a penalty.

Why people think the fact that he'd had a shot before the foul is relevant is beyond me.

seemingly disliking Miller is more important than Rangers getting a penalty........ <cr>

I must admit penalty wasnt the first thing I thought, im sure thats the same for many others, theres no way it would have been given though unless he took an extra touch

I know what you mean mate, but if that had happened anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul, simply because of the lateness of the challenge. Probably resulted in a booking as well .