McCulloch out for 2 to 4 weeks.

TMWWBK

LEE McCULLOCH is in danger of missing the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final but DaMarcus Beasley has escaped serious injury after both were in the wars at Forfar last night.

McCulloch suffered a calf injury at Station Park and will certainly be missing for two weeks but it could be up to four which would rule him out of the Old Firm Hampden showdown.

The medical team are DaMarcus Beasley in agony after Smith's challengehoping that it is a strain rather than a tear and they will know more by the weekend on a recovery period for the midfielder, who had just forced his way back onto the scene.

Beasley has been very lucky. He was caught on the shin by an horrendous challenge from Forfar full back Elliot Smith who was immediately sent off.

However, the Murray Park staff reckon the fact that his foot was off the ground when he was hit saved him from a broken leg.

Andy Goram, working at last night's game for Sky Sports, said: "It was a shocker. It was a good job Beasley pulled his foot up just in time because if he had not done that he would have had a real sore one.

"Sometimes players get excited when they play against the big teams and maybe this is what happened here."

Beasley is ruled out of Saturday's SPL clash with Kilmarnock but there is only soft tissue damage and it is hoped he will be fit for the following weekend's match at Hamilton.

Kirk Broadfoot is also liable to miss the Killie game with a foot injury but, like Beasley, will be fit for Hamilton.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1562448,00.html

A tactical rethink for the final then, although i wouldn't be surprised to see Dailly brought in from cold storage. Good to see that Beasley's injury isn't serious.

RESULT............. if we go 4-4-2 againt celtic we will surely lift the cup!!!!

Actually, the 4-5-1 worked fine at Parkhead, as our second half performance proved. It may even have worked in the first half if our players decided to turn up for the game.

RESULT............. if we go 4-4-2 againt celtic we will surely lift the cup!!!!

Actually, the 4-5-1 worked fine at Parkhead, as our second half performance proved. It may even have worked in the first half if our players decided to turn up for the game.

2nd half worked better, first half was actually abysmal :lol:

I like McCulloch as a Rangers man, however i think he's a limited footballer.

Id never celebrate a injury to a Rangers player, but he's arguably surplus to requirements for the remainder of the season anyway

We should have no need of a midfield hatchet man in all games except Parkhead - and we aint going to that shitehole again this season thank god!!

2nd half worked better, first half was actually abysmal :lol:

Not the tactics fault though. When Pedro Mendes and Steven Davis can't play a routine one-two, when Bougherra can't find Broadfoot who is standing 3 yards away and when Sasa Papac can't see a dummy coming from Willo fucking Flood, you know the players just arent at the races.

Why are people celebrating? This is the Lee McCulloch that has done more in three games than Barry Ferguson has done all season - I don't like him as a player or person but I'd rather he was just dropped.

As for the final, like TM said in his opening post, this means a tactical rethink - I hope this doesn't mean we will go 4-4-2 as I reckon celtc would tear us apart, especially if Boyd played.

There are massive games before then but we should look to bring Davis inside and play a 4-5-1.

___Ferguson____

Davis____Mendes

or

Davis____Ferguson____Edu____Mendes____Naismith/Beasley/Fleck/Aaron

Although I'm not too sure about playing Maurice Edu in a cup final?