Golf

kplfishtank

Got my first hole in one today at the short 9th at playsport in East Kilbride, ball pitched on a downslope around 3 feet to the left of the hole, was great watching it fall in, thought it was just gonna sit close then saw the ball disappearing. What a feeling see it go in : )

Well done mate. Had three to date, never with more than a 9 iron in my hand.

Perfect conditions, 117yards with an easy swing PW

I have only been playing seriously since May, I have been playing non stop since then though and getting plenty of rounds in, my handicaps around 20 but think I can get close to halfing that this time next year if I keep playing as much as I have been

How long you been playing ?

I was out today and although I had a few ugly scores my games coming along good. I'm learning to control my drive and although I had some ugly scores I finished with a nice birdie par 4 and made a nice birdie 2 putt on a fairly long par 3. Hoping this mild weather keeps up, today was great conditions considering the time of year

Been looking at where my game goes wrong, and when playing last week I noticed I hit a good number of fairways from the tee but my GIR was shocking. It's something that happens regularly on reflection and something I really need to improve on.

Been struggling with my irons for a while now, struggling big time with a pull especially between 8-PW.

Been looking at where my game goes wrong, and when playing last week I noticed I hit a good number of fairways from the tee but my GIR was shocking. It's something that happens regularly on reflection and something I really need to improve on.

Been struggling with my irons for a while now, struggling big time with a pull especially between 8-PW.

Set up check probably thinking you are nearing middle of the stance, probably alignment out. I assume you are hitting the ball OK, just pulling?

How long you been playing ?

I was out today and although I had a few ugly scores my games coming along good. I'm learning to control my drive and although I had some ugly scores I finished with a nice birdie par 4 and made a nice birdie 2 putt on a fairly long par 3. Hoping this mild weather keeps up, today was great conditions considering the time of year

Playing 3 years now. Got the bug big time. Best score so far was a 68 and won 2 medals and a Club trophy.

Target for next year is single figures and a course par.

GIR is vital to any golfer and I'm lacking. I rely on my PW too much and constantly underhit.

I'm clubbing up now and making a better job of it. I'm still deadly with a putter mind

Set up check probably thinking you are nearing middle of the stance, probably alignment out. I assume you are hitting the ball OK, just pulling?

I do think set up is sometimes out, been putting an emphasis of late on finding the middle, and been getting more of a draw than a pull with some shots.

Most shots I hit well, but there's a few loose ones, could work on better striking aswell.

I do think set up is sometimes out, been putting an emphasis of late on finding the middle, and been getting more of a draw than a pull with some shots.

Most shots I hit well, but there's a few loose ones, could work on better striking aswell.

Get the clubs or sticks out, get to the practise area and mark everything out, if you can. Get someone with you, then check it all, if it is not that, lesson time.

Get the clubs or sticks out, get to the practise area and mark everything out, if you can. Get someone with you, then check it all, if it is not that, lesson time.

Aye I've been thinking of doing some lessons, never had one in my life.

Indeed. Tbf I played every day for about 5 months.

Played my mate that plays off of 5 and matched him shot for shot.

My best off the medals is a 4 over 70 par gross

That is good shooting - you are obviously a decent player. If you were in my sweep, you would get run out of town playing off that handicap!

Anyone recommend a course within a hour or so from Motherwell in good nick the now with everything on might need to travel further but wouldn't mind a links course ?

Any of the troon ones or go onto golf now see if you can get a deal at Glasgow gailes.

• 4 weeks later...