Golf

kplfishtank

Never played it before worth a visit at this time of year ?

Mar hall is a smashing layout , although you may not get the best of it at this time of year . Dundonald is superb and a decent price for a course that really should be on The European tour rota for either Scottish or British Open if it wasn't for them not having a proper clubhouse.

Has anyone else had issues with long/short game, for instance playing well with long irons and really poor with short irons and vice versa ? My long game just now is great however my PW 9 & 8 irons are woeful, before Xmas it was the opposite. Very frustrating

Having just discovered Golfbidder do finance deals on purchases over £300 I've decided to get new clubs. Looking at a 2nd hand set of Nike blades. Anyone play with blades?

Any tips on whether to get Nike or Titleist clubs as I want a quality set

Blades should only be used by people at 5 handicap or less, even pros are playing with cavity backs.

anybody tried the new Taylor made Aeroburner driver?

I feel the burner shafts are a wee bit too long . I would definitely recommend the new Mizuno JPX850 , I had a half-hour hit at the Glasgow Golf centre at Kinning park last week and it was superb , down side is its £299 !

Their are plenty of last year's models available at under £200 these days but I suppose it depends on what driver suits you.

Aye I've been looking at that golf bidder site, and I know I really love the look of the Nike covert driver from last year but never had a shot of it before so might not suit my game.

Aye I've been looking at that golf bidder site, and I know I really love the look of the Nike covert driver from last year but never had a shot of it before so might not suit my game.

A couple of boys I know got the slider and they are hitting it great, I know it sounds optimistic but the way they are making clubs these days most are pretty favourable to hit.

A couple of boys I know got the slider and they are hitting it great, I know it sounds optimistic but the way they are making clubs these days most are pretty favourable to hit.

Agree with the technology now a days, the amount of clubs each manufacturer bring out a year is crazy as well. You could buy the latest driver the now and it won't be the latest one at the start of summer.

Agree with the technology now a days, the amount of clubs each manufacturer bring out a year is crazy as well. You could buy the latest driver the now and it won't be the latest one at the start of summer.

I got myself cobra amps nearly 2year ago, since then cobra have released amp cells, an upgraded amp cell and a bio cell.

My amps feel dated now ha.

Anyone bought something from golfbidder and used their 7 day return policy?

Was thinking of using this, or at least having this to fall back on if the club isn't for me but just wondered how it works because it doesn't really go into much detail on the site.

I feel the burner shafts are a wee bit too long . I would definitely recommend the new Mizuno JPX850 , I had a half-hour hit at the Glasgow Golf centre at Kinning park last week and it was superb , down side is its £299 !

the origonal burner driver shafts were quite short.The Burner 2 (which I have now) are definitely longer shafts but feels fine after a little while. My pro has both the Nike Vapour and the aeroburner (and R15) in stock.

The reports from some of the guys with the new vapour have said it is consistently making them 15 yards longer.

• 3 weeks later...

season opening stableford cancelled due to weather. All this nice dry weather lately then when the season tries to get underway you get this shite. Theres an optional medal tomorrow so may go up for that - the weather doesn't look great but its better than this morning.