***The Official Manchester United v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Walter Smith will start Naismith and Lafferty wide, McCulloch, Edu, Davis in the middle and Miller up on his own, especially if Whittaker is out.

He may even play Davis wide right with Naismith in the middle.

Weiss will come on as a sub around the 65th minute.

You don't start James Beattie, because he can't even handle Hamilton and Lafferty should be nowhere near the team.

Greegsy

Whitty,Davie,Bougie,Sasa

Big Lee,Edu

Weiss,Davis,Naisy

Kenny

4 2 3 1

A draw is our best chance of a result if I'm honest

Wouldn't it be magic to have the CL team of 1992 in this battle of brittain? Ally&hateley & co

I reckon that team would fair much better than the current lot. We'd prob be looking for all 3 points if we had that team

Greegsy

Whitty,Davie,Bougie,Sasa

Big Lee,Edu

Weiss,Davis,Naisy

Kenny

4 2 3 1

A draw is our best chance of a result if I'm honest

Wouldn't it be magic to have the CL team of 1992 in this battle of brittain? Ally&hateley & co

I reckon that team would fair much better than the current lot. We'd prob be looking for all 3 points if we had that team

If we had the 92/93 side I'd be expecting 6 points ;). But we were the best team in Britain back then, no doubt about it :praise:

I can't wait!!! All my mates are Utd fans (i live in Manchester)

Id like to see a 4231 formation, keep it solid and try and make it as difficult as possible for them to break us down. Hit them on the break and GIRU United fans

Just as long as we don't lie down and easily concede then i'll be happy - if they are gonna score lets make them work as hard as they can to do so! That's what I say, and I reck that's what Walter will be telling his players before the game!

MON THE GERS!!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if we took something from this game. I have a gut feeling about it dunno why. Also, we always seem to start off well in the CL, think back to previous campaigns and I can only think of two times, Valencia 1999 and Grasshoppers 1996 when we have lost on the opening match.

I think Walter might go with this :

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :edu: :Naismith: :mcculloch: :weiss:

:miller:

Naismith pushing up behind Kenny when we have the ball, and floating about the place when we don't have it. Just trying to be a general nuisance and pressuring United's players.