***The Official Manchester United v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the box for the game free food and swally only downside ........... im in the united end :( if you see some ginger lad getting huckled out the united end when sasa papac fires in a 40 yard wonder strike in the 90th minute spare a thought for me :P silky sasa is the man !! :papac:

Pretty certain Weiss won't start, but you never know.

I can see the thinking behind him not playing, as he will offer little in terms of tracking back and tackling compared to Lafferty. On the other hand, he is our most direct and talented attacking player so he would be useful to take the pressure of us and put them on the back foot.

But as we all know, Walter prefers the safe/defensive option (understandibly in this game) so I think we will see this:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:Naismith: :davis: :mcculloch: :edu: :lafferty:

:miller:

I think we will line up like this;

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:mcculloch:

:Naismith: :davis: :edu: :lafferty:

We will probably be on a hiding to nothing so at least give it a go and try and get something from the match rather than sit back and accept a defeat.

call it blind faith if you want but i cant see us getting humped,im not confident of a win but im pretty sure we wont be embaressed and may even come away with a draw,will be interesting to see walters tactics as he will know fergusons style very well

Anyone think that we might see Naismith in the middle instead of Edu?

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:weiss: :Naismith: :mcculloch: :davis: :lafferty:

Heres hoping, if edu then weve gt no chance in my opinion, feel free to disagree but i feel that edu brings nothing to the team whatsoever

Walter wouldn't go for that against man u, he'd feel too exposed in centre midfield. For that role u need a midfielder who will also track back, the likes of barry ferguson, maybe durranty type player. Anyway the point is it won't happen bud

McGregor

Whittaker

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

McCulloch

Naismith

Davis

Edu

Weiss

Miller

that is a fairly strong team and if we can keep possession, frustrate them and make the most of the set pieces then I think we will be okay. Everyone will need to be at their best and there us definetly a goal in us.

Also I am expecting that this game will deseverdly get mcgregor a £7m move to a top 4 epl club. He us arguebly the best keeper in Britain (tu)

Heres hoping, if edu then weve gt no chance in my opinion, feel free to disagree but i feel that edu brings nothing to the team whatsoever

Come on thats a lie, he helps rip up the pitch with all the running about doing fuck all he does, thus making it difficult for United to play. :sherlock: