What fee would you deem acceptable for Jelavic?

Was discussing this on twitter earlier and just interested to see what RM thought.

I said I'd want at least £8 million after a good season next year (I'm expecting 30+ goals with the way he started and finished the season despite that injury). My assessment was based on getting at least double what we paid and the fact that EPL (should it be EPL) always get bargains from SPL.

Some of the guys on twitter were saying £15/20 million which I just thought was daft and unrealistic.

Assuming he does as well as I suggest next season...hypothetically, what fee would you want?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McGeady went for 10mil or so did he not? Boumsong 8mil? Hutton 9mil? Gordon 9mil?

My apologies if they figuires are inaccurate as they are off the top of my head but i know it was roughly about those tags. Jelavic is better than everyone of those players AND cost 4mil to begin with whereas a lot of those players were free/cheap.

£12 million minimum for me.

For a guy that has a record of scoring in Europe and with him scoring near on 20 goals in a debut season in a foreign land with being injured for nearly 4 months ?????

£15 million is VERY reasonable considering the £10m nonsense regarding the POTY from over the way

considering what some of the shite players go for down south 15 million is not unrealistic

Yeah that was a point made. I just can't get my head round the idea of a player leaving the SPL for £15 million, regardless of who. Who knows though, bang 5+ goals in Europe and have a blinding Euro 2012 (assuming Hrvatska qualify and he plays) £15 million could well be around the level we receive.

If he was to be sold in the summer then £8m would be acceptable. Makes more sense though to keep him, notch up 30 goals domestically and display his talent in European competition. Then we're talking £10m +

fuck good business though, please stay!

Some folk are arguing that he similar and possibly as good as Berbatov who went for £30.75 million according to wiki. Unfortunately even if he is as good as Bebatov which I personally don't think he is, those types of sums are of money will never be paid for a player playing in the SPL.

I think £12 minimum should be realistic.

£15m after next season, not a penny less! we no longer need to be held at ransom by teams. Let's get our money's worth 00000042.gif

Another good year next year and an impressive European campaign would demand £15m

Anybody think he won't be playing for us next season?

I am adamant he will play for us next year. You can tell he loves it enough to stay, banging them in for us in SPL and Europe will put him in pretty good standing to become first choice at international level too, as well as alert the very best teams in Europe. Is perfect for him and his future career to play for us next year.