***The Official Falkirk v Rangers Thread***

Amac9

:cgreen:

Stop with this 2 divisions above us pish, were paying premier league wages for premier league players, Falkirk may be above us in the rankings but dont fucking kid on they are the better side were only fooling ourselves into believing that standard of football is acceptable, we were fucking brutal once again and the no pre season thing is losing credence rapidly that was our 5th competitive game and were still struggling to string two passes the gither. Weve played well twice in 2 years and the excuses are getting fucking boring, that standard of football is simply not good enough from Rangers.

the 2 divisions stuff is patter ya kiljoy.

Bottom line is we are at the start of a massive recovery process, we have lost >20 player. We have been kicked from pillar to post from every fucking angle, we have a team with a fair bit of youth in it ( against a bunch of dirty bastards). We limited falkirk to very few chances, while looking pretty good on the ball in spells. and we just put out possibly our biggest contenders for this cup.

EDIT: Also, we have scored a fair few goals and not shipped very many.

cheer up :)

The football on display from us is absolutely brutal. It is hard to believe that we train every day in world class facilities; what an earth do they do? Its now over a year since Ally took charge, and based purely on the football aspect of things, he looks woefully out his depth.

i'm not sure about out-his-depth (or it might be i just dont want to say it). but in saying that, we should be teaching these teams how to play the game - the last 30 minutes should be us playing keep ball as they run around like headless chickens. its frightening how many times i see (or read about)us passed off the park by teams we should be hammering. we have to start dominating games. its incredibly frustrating - we have three more years of being outside the SPL, so lets give the fans something worth watching (before we fall back into the 'grind out a result' mentality we seem to be happy with)

How did we play? I'm at music festival in belfast and haven't seen the game.

Pretty scrappy but controlled the play for long periods we didn't seem to have enough cutting edge upfront, Was a real Cup Tie.

Cribari And young Hegarty looked good at the back, Good to see us not concede in a game.

:cgreen:

the 2 divisions stuff is patter ya kiljoy.

Bottom line is we are at the start of a massive recovery process, we have lost >20 player. We have been kicked from pillar to post from every fucking angle, we have a team with a fair bit of youth in it ( against a bunch of dirty bastards). We limited falkirk to very few chances, while looking pretty good on the ball in spells. and we just put out possibly our biggest contenders for this cup.

cheer up :)

I'm no just talking about this game, even before we lost 20 players we were fucking murder to watch at times, and aye for some folk it's patter but for some it is a genuine belief that beating Falkirk is a result to be proud of, we may have fallen from our lofty heights but we must never and I mean fucking NEVER lower our expectations or standards.

Thought we played great football last 20 mins of first half. Second half we were terrible, I agree with other poster, We must improve or we need to look elsewhere for coaches who can come in and start from a foundation of skill, passing, ball retention as what I'm seeing needs drastic improvements. Let's hope cple weeks when they are match fit it all falls into place.

How did we play? I'm at music festival in belfast and haven't seen the game.

depends who you ask.

it was a scrappy game, no doubt. But I think we were reasonable mate....Black looked real good, Little and the new brazzilian defender both had good games, broaders was pretty good for a change. Boca was a bit shakey and we were not playing at our best, but baby steps are being taken :)

Can't believe the negativity on here tonight. Beating a team from two division s above and all we're getting is moans and groans

Behave yourself .We all intitled to have an opinion ffs and when a game is shite surely your no expecting to say its magnificent

I'm no just talking about this game, even before we lost 20 players we were fucking murder to watch at times, and aye for some folk it's patter but for some it is a genuine belief that beating Falkirk is a result to be proud of, we may have fallen from our lofty heights but we must never and I mean fucking NEVER lower our expectations or standards.

firstly i am very proud of my team beating falkirk away from home in a cup game, thank you very much.

You can only beat whats in front of you, and barring one slip up this season....we have done exactly that.

I think performance was rusty, a bit apprehensive at times, the youngsters floated in and out the game, McKay very quiet second half,

Sandaza will score more goals at home than he will away he needs space to control the ball and do his thing.

Thought Emilson looked ok especially in the air, obviously to quick to judge. Midfield has talented players but

its as if they're not sure of their roles yet. Blacks quality at freekicks and corners is a happy change from recent years.

Plenty of room for improvement. But glad we got one over that smug bastard pressley. Onwards and upwards.

I dont think we will settle down until we have played maybe ten games.

This is a brand new team from top to bottom, bar 2 or 3 so it is early yet.

If we keep going we will be fine , but I do hope Ally can learn to play the ball at feet.

Hope he doesnt go for the hud carrier style like Walter and hope he can introduce the more skilled playets into the team.

We need a RB and RM along with a winger.

Every game is going to be like one of those old awkward cup ties when you drew a lower league team in the cup, especially when we go away from home.

These clubs are going to pack their midfield and their defence and make it hard for us by being physical and not giving our players space or time on the ball all season so we are going to need to battle and earn the right to play and sadly that's most likely to happen when these players start tiring and our players superior ability and superior fitness will shine through.

I still think our players are a yard or two off the pace, having watched them play, I don't see how anybody can deny that. Five games is not a lot of games (last season we played five friendlies in twelve days before we even kicked a ball in competitive competition) and when they do we will get better. However I'm still willing to guess that we will score almost half of our goals in the final twenty/twenty five minutes of games this season.

1345582750' post='1060358367']

Yep we shouldnt let the loyalty shown over the last months by the coaches crowd our sporting judgement..

Rangers fans want Rangers to hammer teams... Not listen to coaches saying div 3 will be tough. We should be humping these fucking cunts easily,,, watching the bench on saturday when they scored the usual frozen stances were apparent, arms folded, not inspirational for young boys with their heads down...motivation is an art form..perhaps the rumours coming our last season about the light jogging and lack of practical coaching were true after all..