Season Ticket Removal Help

ianwrsc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sit in GF1 Row D, just to the right of you infact and seen it all, in my honest opionion you should have just sat down but there was guys round about you that were standing, including guys infront of you obstructing your view of the pitch. I felt the steward singled you out because (no offence) you were a kid compared to the others standing and the steward bottled it from the older bears that were standing. You weren't swearing, you did raise your voice but only after the steward started screaming at you. The steward also grabbed you by the arm which I don't think they are allowed to do?

I am willing to give a statement, season ticket number and perhaps even try and convice the bears that sit about us to give statements.

Good on you mate, shouldnt let stewards who think their above their stations (tu)

For standing up when the guys in front are standing doh

Ridiculous.

If the steward does not have an SIA badge, they cannot touch you whatsoever.

I had this out with a steward at the start of the season for grabbing me by the collar as i was going through the turnstile because he thought my wallet in my pocket was a bottle doh

I think it would be a good idea to make the following points (if true obviously)

1) There was no warning in advance of being removed from the seat

2) There was no accusation or suggestion of prejudicial singing or chanting

3) There were no complaints from anyone around me

With the greatest respect, if any of the three above are incorrect, then I would suggest that you apologise profusely for it and ask very nicely if they can allow you to have have your ticket back and promise not to do it again.

I think it would be a good idea to make the following points (if true obviously)

1) There was no warning in advance of being removed from the seat

2) There was no accusation or suggestion of prejudicial singing or chanting

3) There were no complaints from anyone around me

With the greatest respect, if any of the three above are incorrect, then I would suggest that you apologise profusely for it and ask very nicely if they can allow you to have have your ticket back and promise not to do it again.

I would be honest with everyone on here if the OP was acting like an arse or doing anything that warranted getting tossed out the stadium but it was literally 5-7 minutes in to the game and half the people in GF1 Row B/C/D/E/F were still standing from Penny Arcade, when the steward came down some people sat down but roughly 15-20 people were still standing including the guys directly in front of the OP and people sitting round him. There was no Sectarian singing, nor was there any aggressive behaviour towards any other fans/players or members of stewards from the OP. For the police to say that they could hear you from the top of GF1 swearing etc. is ridiculous, the stand was packed and there’s no way they could hear anything from that distance with a packed Ibrox and small pockets of the Stadium still singing.

Also, not sure on how I can assist you with the PM functions being down, perhaps an admin/moderator could pass my email address on to the OP for me or vice versa.

Just moved my ST to BF3 for the QP match. I found the stewarding at BF perplexing to say the least. If you go to Anfield you will find 14000 standing on the Kop all through the game. Very much like the dark ages at Ibrox, policing and stewarding from the 1980s, suggest that someone starts recording the actions of the stewards, best to get right in their faces and ensure that they are acting legally( and ethically).

Outrageous bullying tactics from the stewards who should be there to help and assist you, in addition to ensuring that your visit to Ibrox is an enjoyable experience. Write to Charles Green explaining that their tactics are akin to stormtroopers and that many fans are complaning that they wont come back whilst they adopt their strong arm approach.

Best of luck

This....Go to the top mate.Better still, sue the f**ks that STOLE your ST.Would fans be treated like this if attendances were low? I doubt it.Time Rangers had their own security anyway,instead of forking out for muppets ffs.

The Police often just do what they want. That includes making up lies as breaking their own rules. I've had the Police just turn the handle on my door, walk in, search the place, and do a warrant check on me. The reason given was someone said their was a van parked outside and people from Duke Street were coming and going. I drive a Van, and I'm originally from Duke Street so I have friends who do come and go. People from Duke street and Vans aren't illegal but walking in to a persons house without a warrant is. I went to a Lawyer and he told me that I should only make a complaint against the Police if they break my legs because they would harass me and make my life a misery. So I made no complaint. The Police can basically do what they want the best thing to do is try and stay away from them.

I was standing up right behind you and got nothing said to me!! There was about 10 11 of us standing up and you were the only one taking out!! i never heard you shouting either tbf!! Tell them that you have witnesses that you were doing nothing wrong I'm happy to speak up for you!! Don't surrender to these cunts they do what they please!!!! I sit in Row g right behind you!! If you need my details pm me!!

Another angle on this.....

Yes the stewards/G4S go to far and some of them seem to have little dictator syndrome. But, remember they are there to do a job. That is to ensure all fans that go to the game, get to go home.

Ibrox14.jpg

LEST WE FORGET

I was standing up right behind you and got nothing said to me!! There was about 10 11 of us standing up and you were the only one taking out!! i never heard you shouting either tbf!! Tell them that you have witnesses that you were doing nothing wrong I'm happy to speak up for you!! Don't surrender to these cunts they do what they please!!!! I sit in Row g right behind you!! If you need my details pm me!!

Thanks it's appreciated

Further to all the advice given above I would suggest that you write to David Martin but send copies of your letter to Jim Hannah, Sandy Jardine and possibly Charles Green too. That way DM can't just dismiss your your letter out of hand, he has to follow the proper procedure. If you've been a ST holder of good standing for 16 years and you have an independent witness then you should have a good case. Good luck!

Did you get the officers number ,if so you need to file a writen complaint Re his conduct, to Rangers and to the match Commander,explaining all that happened,also your long standing association with the club as a loyal follower and season ticket holder.

If you just sit back and let this bunch of clowns walk all over you, it won`t stop and will only get worse.

Good luck mate hope you get it sorted.

Stick to your guns mate.

We sit in GF1 about halfway up and what the guy said is spot on- he was doing nothing wrong except standing and the G4S Stewards were acting like Fascists.

Trust me on this one , we saw this happening and , by the way,the G4S Stewards are doing this crap at every home game in our Section.

The police are backing them up even to the extent of taking videos of the fans. This is a gross violation of peoples liberties and the sooner Mr Green gets this sorted out the better.

I have never , in all the years we have been sitting in GF1, seen anyone behaving in a violent or disorderly manner . FFS we are only wanting to watch the Rangers and as paying customers we deserve better treatment.

apperently there are alot of witnesses to this on RM but no one was willing to follow him up to the polis and tell them he was doing no wrong? fuck sake lads if you thought it wasnt right at the time you should have grown a set of balls and backed him up, the polis shite it from numbers.

Thanks mate.

Have you dealt with this guy before? Heard he's not the best to deal with

Don't let the guy's reputation put you off contacting him. Alastair Hood had a bad rep. amongst some Rangers fans. On the three occasions when I met him at European away games, he had hand carried tickets for us, he could not have been more of a gentleman.... solid bloke.

Give it a try --- if it doesn't work try the 'I lost my ST route with the ticket office'.

Next time the wee fascist tries it on in the stand, collective action must be taken. If he tries to remove you, every bear round you must prevent him. WE are morally right.

Record, yes we do have the right to record by law, these idiots breaking the rules and when they go too far, collectively raise merry hell. Three people can bully one person, 50 people cannot bully 5000 if the 5000 stand united as we can only be policed if we agree to be policed.

Then once the game is over, send a DVD copy of the unreasonable behaviour to Charles Green and take another to the Police and get the idiot charged. He has to obey the law too and if you get a copper breaking the law on video, don't speak to the rent-a-uniform on the front desk, ask to speak to an Inspector or higher with regards to making an official complaint against the police. They shit themselves over this as this is one of the measures that the UK and Scottish Governments monitor.