SPL Commision - £250K fine to oldco, no titles lost

bluenose_72

So mackenzie want give it up, this was on the stv web site

• The SPL explain a different take on registration.

"[sPL lawyer] Mr McKenzie explained to us that SPL Rule D1.13 had hitherto been understood to mean that if, at the time of registration, a document was not lodged as required, the consequence was that a condition of registration was broken and the player automatically became ineligible to play in terms of SPL Rule D1.11." (p26)

• Mr McKenzie then accepts that the rules could not allow a player to be automatically ineligible.

"'He accepted that no provision of the Rules enabled the Board of the SPL retrospectively to terminate the registration of the player." (p26)

Listen to one live then the other will be available later on a podcast,sorted (tu):D

Thanks, but Spiers might have helped me make my mind up:

Graham Spiers: "Phew! I have just ploughed my way through this Nimmo Smith document. It is fairly withering of Rangers FC's breach of the rules."

Now we know what he and English will be focussed on tonight on Sportsound. Maximise the bad, minimise the good.

Thanks, but Spiers might have helped me make my mind up:

Graham Spiers: "Phew! I have just ploughed my way through this Nimmo Smith document. It is fairly withering of Rangers FC's breach of the rules."

Now we know what he and English will be focussed on tonight on Sportsound. Maximise the bad, minimise the good.

as is the norm unfortunately.

who cares, we got the right result.

No fine has been issued to Rangers FC (the football club). What section (6) reads is that Rangers FC did not gain any sporting advantage from this and should not be punished or receive any penalty. Thus meaning the football club.

What has received a penalty and in this case a fine, is the former company.

I'd also like to point out how much this document states the Club is the exact same entity as it was 10, 20 and 30 years ago, as well as 140 years ago. This will prove tough reading for some :lol: In fact, a lot.

Fantastic news!

Rangers not guilty of cheating, history intact and 54 titles. :thumbup:

Was crying at work today ,

Glad as a ger that this is finally over those mhanky

Bastards in the east end can go fuck themselves really

Looking forward to game on sat now ,

LET'S TAKE THE ROOF OFF THE BROX BEARS

AND HAVE A CELEBRATION

Ill be pished tonight , to one and all

WRTP

Yep, have a good day mate