SPL Commision - £250K fine to oldco, no titles lost

bluenose_72

So, we did declare it to SPL but we didn't declare it to SPL. Departments not talking to each other .... and that's our fault ?

Yes mate, we are the guilty party so we have to pay a fine.

Here's a wee story for you so you work it out, ok?

About 2 months past I got a "reminder" from the local council that my rates were overdue and that I would be charged a % interest for being late. I phoned up the council and informed them that I had actually paid my land rates 1 week earlier than due.

Last week I got a "FINAL NOTICE" regarding said rates,so I phoned them up again and went through the story again. The lady on the phone told me to disregard the notice <cr>

Then today I got a fucking bill for 5% of the total rates that must be paid within 21 days or I would face legal action for unpaid rates.

So I went in and demanded to see the head honcho,who said that this latest bill was for "administration fees" I AGAIN explained that I had already paid the fuckin bill early and I would NOT be paying any administration fees because it was their cock up and not mine.

His reply? "Although you did nothing wrong sir, it was an administraion error that happens at times".

I'll be in there tomorrow to sue the cunts for 250,000 dollars

Is all the shite we've had to put up with done and dusted now? Or is there more hurdles to come? Can we just get on with making our way back to the top? :ulster:

HMRC lodged their appeal earlier this month too but I can't see them having a leg to stand on now. Although I could be wrong I guess...

Charles Green, Chief Executive, issued the following statement.

“On behalf of the board of directors at Rangers, I note the findings of the Commission. It is abundantly clear from the ruling there was no attempt by Rangers Football Club secure any unfair advantage or to cheat, as so many people asserted without giving any regard to the actual evidence.

“I would re-iterate that at no stage have I, nor anyone now involved in the running of this club, questioned the integrity of the Commission members. What I did question was the creation of a process which some people had predetermined. Every Rangers fan will be delighted that the Commission refused to get carried away on this agenda.

“It is a matter of fact that people within the SPL wanted me, at first, to surrender titles as part of a deal to enable Rangers to play again as a member of the SFA. I rejected and resisted that suggestion and today’s decision vindicates the position of the Board and the supporters. In particular, I would like to thank the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund for their dedication and commitment on this matter.

“It is fair to say that there was, at one stage, a very unhealthy desire to press on with an investigation into this matter when cool heads and clear thinking was required. Instead, there was a frenzied atmosphere around Rangers caused by the Club’s insolvency situation. This issue could have and should have been dealt with by the board of the SPL rather than embarking on an unnecessarily grand and expensive process. At the end of the day I am left with the impression that this has been much ado about very little and a great waste of energy, time and money.

“I think I speak for all Rangers fans in saying now, enough is enough. I have said before and will say again it is time everyone moved on. There are considerable challenges ahead for this club and Scottish football as a whole. That is where all efforts and energy should now be focused. We, as a club, will work with all parties who have the good of the game at heart. We are looking forward and I urge all Rangers fans to do likewise. We are rebuilding this Club and are making great strides. The dark days are over and it is time now for all to embrace our ambition for a brighter future.”

Manager Ally McCoist said: “I am delighted in many ways by the decision today. As a former player, I know how hard it is to achieve success on the pitch and the suggestion that somehow Rangers sought to gain unfair advantage was deeply insulting to me and others who had worn the Rangers jersey with immense pride.

“I found the whole approach to this matter by the SPL utterly bizarre and misguided.

“Our fans will take great heart from this and hopefully now – after all that we have been through – there will be a widespread realisation that it is time to move on. Rangers have a huge amount to offer Scottish football and we have always been more than willing to do our bit for the good of the game.”

They would never have took the titles off us anyway. They wouldn't dare.

Has anyone seen all the tim's crying on the BBC article comments section? Brilliant :lol:

Yup... and the Scottish Sun comments also. They started off by prematurely celebrating the stripping of titles earlier before the verdict was known then scroll down and you see the very gradual and very beautiful meltdown. Fucking idiots. :lol: