SPL Commision - £250K fine to oldco, no titles lost

bluenose_72

I am as surprised as i am utterly delighted with this outcome, as i have stated before, i was convinced we would get hammered as i thought the deicision was made long ago, so i am over the moon to be proved wrong, and i would again like to congratulate Charles Green, he was absolutely slaughtered in the press and other media outlets when he said he wanted nothing to do with this witchhunt, as it was nothing to do with him, and the manner in which it was set up, he has been totally vindicated in his stance, particularly the fact that it is the oldco that has been fined, once again Charles, you have played an absolute blinder, i'm just glad there's not a transfer system for CEOs, what would he be worth lol

I genuinely feared the worst and was convinced it was a stitch up and the corrupt cabal would strip titles and hit us with a massive fine.....I have never been so happy to be fuckin wrong !!

Would like to thank the bears on RM who were keeping us up todate with the news earlier today.

I was at work shitting myself and checking RM all morning !!!

As I said previously, irrospective of the outcome, Gers fans should be demanding that all other clubs' (involved in the SPL since it began) financial dealings should be investigated...in the name of sporting integrity !!!!

One of The reasons it went in our favour.

Sandy Bryson, Head of Registrations at the Scottish FA, gives evidence that registrations remain unless revoked and are not automatically invalid due to rule breaches.

The SPL explain a different take on registration.

"[sPL lawyer] Mr McKenzie explained to us that SPL Rule D1.13 had hitherto been understood to mean that if, at the time of registration, a document was not lodged as required, the consequence was that a condition of registration was broken and the player automatically became ineligible to play in terms of SPL Rule D1.11." (p26)

Mr McKenzie then accepts that the rules could not allow a player to be automatically ineligible.

"'He accepted that no provision of the Rules enabled the Board of the SPL retrospectively to terminate the registration of the player." (p26)

Honestly cant believe this result. Hoped for it, never thought for one minute it would happen, not after the shit we have been getting for the last 54 weeks. What time does Radio Clyde phone in kick off, wouldn't miss that tonight for a pension.

We are the people... Now, then and always.... :gerbad:

I've had a fucking rotter of a day, I've got 2 weeks left to 'prove what I'm worth' for a bunch of cunts I hate at work, otherwise I'll lose my job. I came home at lunchtime and read the news and it really has made my day. Fuckin get it up yous, you smelly plastic paddy MatalanCatalan cunts! No fucking surrender!