Temps

KingKirk

He showed talent in the third division against some of the worst players he will ever face but he has got gradually worse since then to the point that he isn't even making match day squads now. He's probably not completely responsible for that but he's not blameless either because he hasn't really taken his opportunities when he's had them.

To me he's just one of those players who is decent on ocassion but ultimately is too inconsistent and lacks the mentality needed to deal with the expectations at Rangers and be a first team player every week.

He's not the first to fail to make that step up and he won't be the last either.

And he didn't show talent against Liverpool in the Europa before he came? He didn't show talent against us in the SPL? Even if the boys he played against in the third where shite, he showed more ability than any of our other players against shite.

Wingers, especially ones like Templeton, will always drift in and out of games, or go through bad spells, it happens even more so when it's your job to take players on and make things happen, he's never hid from that, he'll always look to turn and run at full backs or centre halfs even when playing badly.

If he's left out of the team beacuse his Mrs put up that photo of Mccoist then that's a disgrace, McCoist was caught out as the clown he was and rather than owning up to it, he blamed Temps and his Mrs. If it's not that and his attitude is bad and told Mcdowell/McCoist to fuck off or shove their shitty training up their arse, I can't blame him either because I've been saying the same thing for years.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen plenty wingers at Ibrox through the years but Temps gives the ball away more than any of them and despite him having a trick the team spend too much time recovering possession after he's NEARLY created something. Not for me I'm afraid as his decision making is like an apprentice and not the fastest either but the fact he can't make the worst Rangers team in memory says it all.

And he didn't show talent against Liverpool in the Europa before he came? He didn't show talent against us in the SPL? Even if the boys he played against in the third where shite, he showed more ability than any of our other players against shite.

Wingers, especially ones like Templeton, will always drift in and out of games, or go through bad spells, it happens even more so when it's your job to take players on and make things happen, he's never hid from that, he'll always look to turn and run at full backs or centre halfs even when playing badly.

If he's left out of the team beacuse his Mrs put up that photo of Mccoist then that's a disgrace, McCoist was caught out as the clown he was and rather than owning up to it, he blamed Temps and his Mrs. If it's not that and his attitude is bad and told Mcdowell/McCoist to fuck off or shove their shitty training up their arse, I can't blame him either because I've been saying the same thing for years.

And how many players have raised their game when they are playing what is pretty much a cup final? That's what games against team like us and Liverpool are to clubs like Hearts. It's the ability to consistently do that every week that makes the difference between a good player and a talented player.

To me he's never been as good as made out. He was in and out the Hearts team for years, the publically questioned his attitude and commitment when he left them and he has barely had any international recognition at any level at a time when we were dire at all levels.

Should he have played more over the past couple of years, yes he probably should have, but I don't think he's this wasted talent and the answer to all our creative problems in the same way that other people seem to either.

Seen plenty wingers at Ibrox through the years but Temps gives the ball away more than any of them and despite him having a trick the team spend too much time recovering possession after he's NEARLY created something. Not for me I'm afraid as his decision making is like an apprentice and not the fastest either but the fact he can't make the worst Rangers team in memory says it all.

Charlie Telfer also couldn't make it into this shockingly bad Rangers team and he appears to be doing well at Dundee Utd...

Temps may give the ball away more than any other player in the Rangers team, and if he does, it's beacuse he's trying to get in behind teams and create. Does it really bother people that much, that when he tries the audacious or quick little one two's with others and they don't come off, they think that's worse than not trying them in the first place?

I can't wait for Temps to either play under a new gaffer, or move on and get some confidence back under a manager that gives him the freedom he needs.

Although tbf, I'm only wanting him to play as it'll cover up our lack of a system, at least Temps has the creativity to effect games without the need to work on shape and systems.

Charlie Telfer also couldn't make it into this shockingly bad Rangers team and he appears to be doing well at Dundee Utd...

Temps may give the ball away more than any other player in the Rangers team, and if he does, it's beacuse he's trying to get in behind teams and create. Does it really bother people that much, that when he tries the audacious or quick little one two's with others and they don't come off, they think that's worse than not trying them in the first place?

I can't wait for Temps to either play under a new gaffer, or move on and get some confidence back under a manager that gives him the freedom he needs.

Although tbf, I'm only wanting him to play as it'll cover up our lack of a system, at least Temps has the creativity to effect games without the need to work on shape and systems.

Sorry m8 but Temps has had plenty chances and as for Telfer,13 league appearances including sub not too impressive and worth noting how many big games he starts, not many .

Hes a very very poor player. He used to be an impact player now he isn't even that.

One of the most embarassing moments in my life following Rangers singing his name at Falkirk as if he was a top class footballer returning from injury who was going to spur us on to victory! Not one of them deserve any singing of their name.

Sack the squad...

The boy is very low in confidence, get a decent manager in and you will see a new player.

Thank Ally and now McDowall for his performances.

And how many players have raised their game when they are playing what is pretty much a cup final? That's what games against team like us and Liverpool are to clubs like Hearts. It's the ability to consistently do that every week that makes the difference between a good player and a talented player.

To me he's never been as good as made out. He was in and out the Hearts team for years, the publically questioned his attitude and commitment when he left them and he has barely had any international recognition at any level at a time when we were dire at all levels.

Should he have played more over the past couple of years, yes he probably should have, but I don't think he's this wasted talent and the answer to all our creative problems in the same way that other people seem to either.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree. (tu)

As for him not being the answer to our creative problems, there are many issues we need to address, mainly our coaching methods. However, I can state without fear of being wrong that Templeton would provide a spark, regardless of our shit system and style of play, he'll always look to get on the ball and create, people like Hutton, Law, Mcgregor, Foster, Aird etc etc etc get on the ball and never commit, they pass the buck and all we end up doing is moving the ball back and forth before someone goes long to Daly, nobody is prepared to get on the ball and thread passes.

I doubt he'll be giving Ronaldo a run for his money, but on his day, I think he could be one of our better wingers, there's the Coopers, the Laudrups at the very top, then there's the McCanns, Weiss, Aluko's and Templetons, I believe he's on par with them, if given a run of games and the system in which to flourish

Sorry m8 but Temps has had plenty chances and as for Telfer,13 league appearances including sub not too impressive and worth noting how many big games he starts, not many .

True, but there where no big games here in the second and we still didn't play him, Dundee utd are a cunt of a team, I really hate those bastards, but they'd run rings around us. he can't get into a good team regularly, he couldn't get into a shit team at all....

When you think about it, he's had less chances than Mcculloch, Law, Aird, Black, Foster etc and yet these players seemed almost undroppable for large spells, Temps has a bad run and he's never seen for months.

He's one of our highest earners and can't even get on the park.

When he does he falters to deceive and he's a one trick pony.

His attitude must stink too if he can't get in that shiter of a team

Get him and the rest out

Why must it be his attitude and not that of the managers. Templeton and Dean Shiels are out of work most technically gifted players but neither fits into our bypass the midfield system

Piece of Advice: don't let your girlfriend ever take pics of your manager throwing a Karaoke curry party and up singing himself after a humiliating Ramsdens Cup final defeat , then allow her to fire said pics straight out on twitter and FB. It could work against you big style.

:lol:

I remember the karaoke farce, but must have missed how it came out. Was this why it became common knowledge?

Why must it be his attitude and not that of the managers. Templeton and Dean Shiels are out of work most technically gifted players but neither fits into our bypass the midfield system

Because he's been pish.

Why protect these powder puff imposters.

It's no the manager out on the park is it

Templeton is a good player and his introduction as a sub has been a game changer at times

but he is only brilliant in fits and starts and lacks the consistency needed to be a 90 minute player

he undoubtably has talent though just perhaps not the fortitude to see it through