Rangers To Train At Spurs

Here you go buddy and for anyone else interested, sadly not much use to use. Apparently Kiernan and Clark scored and reports are Andy Halliday done alright but Wabara did not play a part.

Report from the Spurs site:

We hosted the Scottish Championship giants at Hotspur Way as part of a series of behind-closed-doors sessions, as our youngsters look to step up their pre-season programmes by getting match minutes under their belts.

Under-21s Coach Ugo explained that today’s collaboration with Mark Warburton’s side worked well for all parties – and picked out several players for praise.

“It’s always important to put these game situations on because we’ve had a physical and technical build-up in recent days and now the players are being reintroduced to different types of movement and running by playing in training ground games,” said Ugo after the match, in which Ismail Azzaoui (2) and Shayon Harrison were on target.

“This morning’s game was a wonderful test and the format of it worked well, especially in the hot conditions. Six or seven players got 60 minutes under their belts, which was really pleasing.

“Ismail Azzaoui was very eye-catching with his movement – he threatened in behind and scored two goals. I’d say Cy Goddard can be very pleased with his performance, as can a lot of the Development Squad boys.

“There were some very solid performances, Christian Maghoma and Grant Hall were impressive at centre-half, and later in the game there was a great opportunity for some of our new First Year Scholars to get some exposure to senior football, so there was a lot of good stuff to improve on next time.

“Now we recover and go again. We’ll look to ramp up the tactical awareness and intensity each time we have a session like this and the aim is for players to be fit for the first league games in August.”

Why is our official site always so slow on news like this.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is our official site always so slow on news like this.

I have no idea mate, maybe they are playing down the importance of the match and trying to give Mr Warburton space? I honestly don't know. Obviously fans want to know how we got on. Hopefully something will be up soon mate.

Ran Boyle said we wouldn't be providing any coverage of the "training session" today so I doubt anything will be up.

Personally i do not understand the stance on this, i mean why did they bother to put up on the official site that they was heading to Spurs Training Complex a few days before. If they was planning to not provide any coverage or minor information on how the training session went at Spurs. seems a strange decision.

Ran Boyle said we wouldn't be providing any coverage of the "training session" today so I doubt anything will be up.

giphy.gif

OMG! WTF?! How do I cancel my season ticket?

This is not acceptable. What happened to ra TRANSPARENCY? The board clearly have no money if we can't afford to pay for a wee article about the game. Same old, same old.

We must be so shite with no plan and MW is trying to hide it from us.

We're doomed. hivs will win the league, all the players we released will have great seasons at their new clubs, everyone's a cunt, someone give MA money and make it all better.

:anguish:

Personally i do not understand the stance on this, i mean why did they bother to put up on the official site that they was heading to Spurs Training Complex a few days before. If they was planning to not provide any coverage or minor information on how the training session went at Spurs. seems a strange decision.

I agree, seems pointless

I want to know the scores and who played!

I agree, seems pointless

I want to know the scores and who played!

I'm not sure which players went down either, we played 3 separate 30min games and reports saying that different teams were played, not sure we have enough players to cover one game never mind 3.

All I'm interested in, is which trialists played, how well did they play and who's getting signed.

I couldn't care less about the score.

Just Halliday and Thompson(a think) the right back seems to have been told he won't be getting a contract or is injured.

How come people say " If McKay was that good he would be in the first team every week". Are these people forgetting how fckn clueless McCoist and McDowall were?, ffs. I mean people say that McCoist was wrong about everything, so what makes people think that he was fckn spot on about McKay?!!

How come people say " If McKay was that good he would be in the first team every week". Are these people forgetting how fckn clueless McCoist and McDowall were?, ffs. I mean people say that McCoist was wrong about everything, so what makes people think that he was fckn spot on about McKay?!!

but McKay is fucking pish. So mccoist was right

I presume the behind closed doors, and the no match report are intentional to build up the players confidence in the new philosophy without the pressure of outside scrutiny.

Mind Warburton will be measured in everything he does- McCoist and MacDowell had 2 brain cells between them.

To put your minds at rest though- I was working in Enfield today and took a wander past the training ground- could hear the match and sounded like we were getting the better of them :wink: