Rangers To Train At Spurs

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to Warburton.

IMO I think we'll see Lang and Gibson feature this season, so he'll have as good a chance as everyone else.

I think we will only see them 2 or 3 times over the season, McKay, Aird, Walsh, Templeton and Halliday are all ahead of Gibson, Gasparotto(Maybe), McGregor, Zal, Wilson and Kiernan are ahead of Lang.

I think we will only see them 2 or 3 times over the season, McKay, Aird, Walsh, Templeton and Halliday are all ahead of Gibson, Gasparotto(Maybe), McGregor, Zal, Wilson and Kiernan are ahead of Lang.

We'll see. However a smaller squad will allow plenty youth players the opportunities.

BTW, who is Thompson? :lol:

I think McKay will feature under Warbo and Gallagher, they link up well.

Spurs played youth, they've a great youth system.

Think Thomson came in with a view to putting him in the youths but he's trained really well and showing up as a decent player.

Interesting nonetheless, will try and find out the exact teams etc, but only heard bits and pieces 3rd hand.

Interested to see what happens with wabara, looks like fredricks will be happening in the next few days of Warburton gets his way

I think McKay will feature under Warbo and Gallagher, they link up well.

True, I can see McKay flourishing this season along with a few other youngsters.

McKay is going to have to have had a serious change in attitude. Also 2-3 flashes of brilliance and then a huge load of shite is not going to cut it with Warburton and Weir, same goes for Templeton. Honestly don't get this man love for McKay he did nothing at Morton nor Raith Rovers and if he does not get the finger out this season he is going to be just another could have been.

McKay is going to have to have had a serious change in attitude. Also 2-3 flashes of brilliance and then a huge load of shite is not going to cut it with Warburton and Weir, same goes for Templeton. Honestly don't get this man love for McKay he did nothing at Morton nor Raith Rovers and if he does not get the finger out this season he is going to be just another could have been.

I think the bad attitude thing maybe overblown on here. We will see soon enough under MW. I do know that he got people off their seats when he had the ball at his feet.

He was arguably our best player in the 3rd division, then in the 2nd div he played a total of 30 minutes for us, scoring one and assisting one within minutes of coming on.

He was arguably our best player in the 3rd division, then in the 2nd div he played a total of 30 minutes for us, scoring one and assisting one within minutes of coming on.

He was phenomenal in pre season only for him to get loaned out, suppose that happens when u have a manager that knows fuck all!

It's probably his level then.

This is a part of focusing on youth, you will get talented players for one reason or another just not able to apply themselves consistently. I put Barrie in that bracket.

My mates just off the phone saying he was on the same flight as the team he thought it was the young team untill Kenny walked passed when he arrived in Edinburgh. I didn't expect them back so early or them flying into Edinburgh

Match report somewhere?

Here you go buddy and for anyone else interested, sadly not much use to use. Apparently Kiernan and Clark scored and reports are Andy Halliday done alright but Wabara did not play a part.

Report from the Spurs site:

We hosted the Scottish Championship giants at Hotspur Way as part of a series of behind-closed-doors sessions, as our youngsters look to step up their pre-season programmes by getting match minutes under their belts.

Under-21s Coach Ugo explained that today’s collaboration with Mark Warburton’s side worked well for all parties – and picked out several players for praise.

“It’s always important to put these game situations on because we’ve had a physical and technical build-up in recent days and now the players are being reintroduced to different types of movement and running by playing in training ground games,” said Ugo after the match, in which Ismail Azzaoui (2) and Shayon Harrison were on target.

“This morning’s game was a wonderful test and the format of it worked well, especially in the hot conditions. Six or seven players got 60 minutes under their belts, which was really pleasing.

“Ismail Azzaoui was very eye-catching with his movement – he threatened in behind and scored two goals. I’d say Cy Goddard can be very pleased with his performance, as can a lot of the Development Squad boys.

“There were some very solid performances, Christian Maghoma and Grant Hall were impressive at centre-half, and later in the game there was a great opportunity for some of our new First Year Scholars to get some exposure to senior football, so there was a lot of good stuff to improve on next time.

“Now we recover and go again. We’ll look to ramp up the tactical awareness and intensity each time we have a session like this and the aim is for players to be fit for the first league games in August.”