Andy Murdoch To Be Loaned Out.

markem

Story from the daily courageous:

MARK WARBURTON will send Andy Murdoch out on loan before the end of the transfer window to give him a better chance of becoming more than a bit-part player at Rangers .

The teenage midfielder emerged last season but has yet to feature this term and the manager believes he needs games, not a seat in the Ibrox dugout.

He said: Young players need to step away to keep developing their careers. Everyone talks about the kudos of getting on the bench but how many minutes do you play? None. Or maybe three minutes. It doesnt do anything for you.

Why are the Spurs guys here? They could stay with the Spurs first team and not bother but they wouldnt get better as players.

So we have to send some of our young players out and make sure they get challenged appropriately.

Thatll definitely be happening. Theres no point in players being comfortable in the Under-20s, they need to be out playing for three points, being challenged.

Andy will definitely do that. Hes a talented player but he has to be better than Andy Halliday, Nicky Law, Jason Holt, Tom Walsh and Dean Shiels. Right now hes not at their level. So he has to go out and develop and become a better player for it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me a bit sad, I agree with what he's saying about how players need to go on loan however I beleive Murdoch has done more in a Rangers shirt than the 5 players mentioned.

Did you apply for the job? Do you trust Mr Warburton? Are you not prepared to accept his "clean sheet" philosophy? Take the blinkers off ffs.

Good decision if he's not in Warburtons current plans, I'd expect he'll be loaned to a decent team in this division anyway so will be better experience for him. I would also guess that Kelly will be loaned out and that Crawford will either be sold or just released.

Good decision if he's not in Warburtons current plans, I'd expect he'll be loaned to a decent team in this division anyway so will be better experience for him. I would also guess that Kelly will be loaned out and that Crawford will either be sold or just released.

I can see us loaning our potentially good younger players out to any team in the championship bar HIbs. Like RS who went to Falkirk. Be quite ironic if our loan players help turn over our title rivals (no laughing now) and Stubbs every other week.

Did you apply for the job? Do you trust Mr Warburton? Are you not prepared to accept his "clean sheet" philosophy? Take the blinkers off ffs.

Take the blinkers off? What I said is 100% true :lol: beleive me I trust Warburton and completely buy into what he's trying to do. Dosent mean I can't have an opinion though "ffs" :lol:

I can see us loaning our potentially good younger players out to any team in the championship bar HIbs. Like RS who went to Falkirk. Be quite ironic if our loan players help turn over our title rivals (no laughing now) and Stubbs every other week.

Yeah I think if we could get Murdoch to Falkirk or QoS it'd be a great place for him to develop.

Take the blinkers off? What I said is 100% true :lol: beleive me I trust Warburton and completely buy into what he's trying to do. Dosent mean I can't have an opinion though "ffs" :lol:

Correct. You are entitled to an opinion. So what you said cannot be 100% true. The only one of the 5 I would say he looks better than THIS SEASON is Shiels. But I am not a manager so I am prepared to trust Mr Warburton's judgement.

the thing is, with warburton sending guys on loan i actually have the belief that he is wanting them to develop with an intention of using them next season or whenever

under ally you got the impression guys were punted on loan to simply remove them from his decision making, make it easier for ally to pick his mates

I think he'll ask for Andy to play differently from what we had him doing last season, with possibly more of an attacking game. Andy scored a great goal in one of the matches at Murray Park the other week, and he is capable of playing further forward. Hopefully he comes back stronger and knowing the game a lot more. A loan move would benefit him and Rangers.