'glasgow' Rangers

Briton

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do so many Bears insist on referring to the club as Glasgow Rangers? I see there's another thread that is incorrectly titled (although it doesn't refer to London Chelsea). I know it's a useful add-on for the songs but the founders chose the name Rangers, not Glasgow Rangers. I noticed even the chairman added Glasgow at the Loving Cup ceremony.

I understand many in the south don't realise our correct name. I wish I've had a pound for every time I've had the conservation: "who do you support?"..."Rangers"..." Glasgow Rangers?"..." no, The Rangers".

Not a biggie I guess but you'd have thought Bears would want to get the club's title right.

Agree 100% it annoys the shit out of me as well. I started a new topic months ago about this but most of the posters didn't give a shit. IMO the club officials should refer to us as The Rangers as that's what we are.

Sorry Briton but I feel this is a stupid way to think, i've seen this brought up before. Are you from Glasgow? A common song in the eighties was one which was stolen from us by many clubs, 'and its Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow Rangers FC, they're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen', along with other songs proclaiming Glasgow Rangers. Rangers are THE Glasgow club, and the bheasts are THE foreign Dublin club. How can you be annoyed by Glasgow being mentioned in our name or how we are described. Glasgow is the best City in the world mate and we are a Glasgow team. And as a Glaswegian I want my city know as a Rangers one. Do you want the Bheasts to steal that mantle? Rangers are from Glasgow and followed and adopted by people all over the world, don't try and separate my team and my city.

It also pisses me off when people say that Black and red scarves should not be worn or black and red socks......these are the colours of Govan, this is a tradition, Govan, Glasgow, I consider myself lucky to have been born a few miles form Ibrox, with my roots deep in Govan and the City of Glasgow, Rangers are my team. Rangers-From Glasgow since 1872. You should be more interested in the mhanks trying to take the mantle of being a Glasgow Team.

Sorry Briton but I feel this is a stupid way to think, i've seen this brought up before. Are you from Glasgow?

Originally (unlike Rangers ;)). I don't think it's stupid to want people to refer to us by our correct name...it's such a great name to.

You're being a bit pedantic. Hardly something to get up in arms about.

You'll probably find most people in the UK will call us "Rangers".

Apart from the odd news broadcast, I've only ever heard people overseas call us "Glasgow Rangers".

He's always gettin cried a big Alsatian off of the RTV commentators haha

One of Tom Millers finest moments,i nearly pished myself when he said that the first time.

OT but me and the wee man love his commentary,some of the shite he comes out with has us in stitches.