Zelalem

DavieMacRFC

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Zelalem is a deep-lying playmaker.  He finds pockets of space and always seems to have time on the ball - that's not just good luck.  He can pass the ball as well as anyone at the club and performs his playmaker role very well.  Expecting him to win back every ball and score a bucket load too is unrealistic.  He's very young and this is his first real crack with a big club who are expected to win every game.  We might see moments of magic but he's inconsistent as most young players are.

Every video of him at arsenal was nothing like a deep lying playmaker

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dande101 said:

I'll give you a cow for them?

Was merely asking if this was the case as it does happen, let's be honest if Arsenal wanna call the shots and MW thinks the kid is good enough then deals like that ain't too far fetched, got to remember where we play. 

After all I really don't  think the kid merits a starting place week in week out.

It may well happen but give our manager some credit.

You must be on the wind up.

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Murdock is out on loan.  Jordan Thompson sems off the managers radar for whatever reason.

Loans can be cancelled can't they?? I'm not a fan of zelalem, I can see he WILL be a good maybe even great player but he's not what we need right now imo. For me he holds up play too much so I think we would be better off playing our youngsters but of course MW knows a lot more than I do!!

11 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Well, considering he plays in the middle of the park as a playmaker, who else would it be down to?

It's down to the team, one player isn't responsible for possession football.  He does keep the ball quite well of course, he just very rarely hurts the opposition.

11 hours ago, ready1873 said:

You are fucking brain-dead. The boy is very talented but not suited to the shite style of football there is in Scotland.

If you cant see the ability in him then maybe football isn't your game.

Well he's not much use to us if he's not suited to the game in Scotland, is he? 

Couldn't give a shite how well he turns out in the future for someone else. I wouldn't start him while he's here.

Thought he started off today like he has been the last couple of weeks. Looked a bit nervous and misplaced a couple of passes but at one point he robbed their midfielder then went on a wee run doing his twists and turns and you could see his confidence change instantly. People are too quick to jump on his back when something he does goes wrong And that helps nobody, there's absolutely no point in doing it. What I would say however is that he needs to work in the next stage of his game, doing the late midfield runs into the box and his shooting. I watched his shooting in the warm up on Tuesday night and it is poor for a professional football player. 

52 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

Thought he played much better yesterday than he has recently. Took a few knocks and wond the ball back getting stuck in.

i agree.

thought he played much better because he got stuck in - something he has severely lacked till yesterday.

He is a young boy of 18 with talent just starting out. How many people are at their best in a job at 18. I thing we would get more out of him if he got a bit more support from the fans and give him a boost to his confidence. As a player he still needs to be more of a threat going forward and release some of his passes quicker. There are signs that he is starting to be a bit more physical which is a good sign. Let's just back him a bit more when he plays 

3 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

He is a young boy of 18 with talent just starting out.

Is he good enough right now to warrant selection for the Rangers first team?  His age and potential are meaningless as he's an Arsenal player.  If Jordan Thompson had been given all that game time, and he had performed similarly, I'd be content as we would likely benefit in the long term.  As it is we are acting as a nursery club for Arsenal.  Sod that.  

I would rather he tried to beat a man rather than continually try to pass the ball through a packed defence. I thought Halliday and him were very poor and unless there are plans to keep him here next season then I see no point in continuing with him.

20 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

i agree.

thought he played much better because he got stuck in - something he has severely lacked till yesterday.

Yes he made more of a nuisance of himself yesterday and harried the opposition.  That was a noticeable improvement. He's never going to be a hardman but I don't expect that from every player.

2 hours ago, Briton said:

It's down to the team, one player isn't responsible for possession football.  He does keep the ball quite well of course, he just very rarely hurts the opposition.

Never said he was. At least we agree that he keeps the ball well. You seem fair in your appraisal, even if I disagree with much of it. 

19 hours ago, AllyMcCoist said:

Personally I think warburton is keen to see him progress so that other clubs see Rangers as an attractive place to send their players on loan

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

Exactly. If we bring a boy on loan and never play him what happens next time we look to get a player from that club? 

19 hours ago, Briton said:

Why would we want to get a player unless he has an immediate impact on the team?  That's the only loans needs we need.  We may be in the Scottish Championship but we shouldn't be anybody's nursery club.  

think that's why oduwa was sent back  - he wasn't going to play much in the second half of the season.  No point bringing boys in on loan if not utilising them.  Keeps everyone happy - the club, the player and the parent club and good for future relations.

on a side note I don't rate zelalem - i know he's only 18 but look at Barry Ferguson at that age and they are similar players.  I'd have sent the boy back as well

He is one of the top 30 youngsters in the world even if his performances at the moment aren't world class yet. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Let's help him develop and show him what Rangers are all about, instead of getting on his back any time he doesn't score. Even if it was Mesut Ozil at 18, people would be saying the same....

19 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

He is one of the top 30 youngsters in the world even if his performances at the moment aren't world class yet. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Let's help him develop and show him what Rangers are all about, instead of getting on his back any time he doesn't score. Even if it was Mesut Ozil at 18, people would be saying the same....

Someone wrote he was in the top 30 online, must be true.