*****The Official Raith Rovers v Rangers thread*****

OceanRain

That was an awful (almost inept) performance, against a very average team. Our passing was generally wayward, and I actually lost count of the number of times we needlessly gave the ball away. Our first touch was woeful, and our defence was all over the place. We should be concerned that we were carved open by a team as poor as Raith. We are leaking goals at an alarming rate and, worryingly, we seem unable to rectify the problem. Yes we'll win it on Tuesday night but, make no mistake the summer transfer window will be crucial to 'strengthen' a very shaky defence.

this is a team to win the championship. I'm sure warbs will bring in some top defensive players in the summer because he will then be building a team to win the prem. Relax chaps and enjoy the celebrations at Ibrox. Next seasons team will be designed for purpose. Let the good times roll

wasn't there today so before the game I would've rather won it on Tuesday anyway but the way it has happened today has scunnered me. We went around 9 games conceded 2 or 3 goals and now we've conceded 9 in 3. Shambolic to say the least, better get sorted shortly with the bead rattlers fast approaching.

Just now, aitch12 said:

this is a team to win the championship. I'm sure warbs will bring in some top defensive players in the summer because he will then be building a team to win the prem. Relax chaps and enjoy the celebrations at Ibrox. Next seasons team will be designed for purpose. Let the good times roll

Hope you're right mate, just feeling a bit gutted for tonight

Just now, aitch12 said:

The rumor is that a CB, CM and another striker and that's him done.

Anyone expecting a massive turnover of defensive players is on to plums.

Whilst we were cheated, our central defence is horrible, so please spare me the apologists for them. They, in particular Wilson, have had more than enough time to show their worth for the top league. We struggle to defend in open play due to lack of pace and we cannot defend corners. Good CD's dominate at set pieces, ours don't and if they cannot get the basics right, then why bother.

Lastly, I don't buy into the shite that we need a good centre mid to help them out. Yes we do need, but not to shore up an obvious weakness in ability of CD's, as we need one to compliment decent CD's.

As for the game with the scum, Wilson needs benched if we are to have any chance.

Fucking gutted.

7 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

We will still go up with plenty to spare but we need a new defence for next season.

We will score against the filth but how many will it take to win because we will concede a few.

I hope we do score against them, but it's a long time since we went ahead, and apart from the disallowed goal, doesn't sound like much was happening at their end.

We seem to manage these long, goalless spells within matches, despite generally playing pretty well.

Last 3 games have seen all our opponents grow into the game, through our inability to put them away.

3 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

Pretty sure the penalty given was a dive, not even sure if Millers goal which was disallowed to make it 4-2 was even offside to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was onside, at least we will win it on Tuesday probably

It was a dive and Miller was onside.

Fucking robbed, but our central defence FFS!

I mark this down to a bit of defensive anxiety in trying to get back to making it hard to score against us. Maybe I'm being too generous. 

Clearly defence lessons are not being learned though.  That's as much to do with MW and DW as it is the defence themselves because MW and DW set the requirement, the tone, the messaging, the coaching, and the tactics.   They are not working as the last 3 games prove.   Would prefer the defence to do its talking on the pitch and actually do the job of preventing goals being scored.  When they do that then they can say they've learnt the lessons. 

But nevertheless, the first and most important thing by a very long way is we have the opportunity to win the title on Tuesday and we must take it.  When that is done and the promotion pressure is off, I would like to think we will see a return to the much better defensive standards we've seen over the vast majority of the season, and even more freedom for the team to show what they can do in the cup games.   After so many years we are nearly there.  

Ibrox on Tuesday should be the best place on the planet.  A very special game.

2 minutes ago, aitch12 said:

It's not just the players.

We simply want to attack all the time with our fullbacks as wingers.

We will never stop losing goals playing that way.

What we have to do is balance it a little more AND stop handing the other teams the initiative by taking off our best forwards. It is becoming worrying that he cannot see that

another week, another match , another hugely deflating performance. the cries of not limping over the line are becoming a joke because thats exactly what we are doing. the last 3 performances have seen us defend as poorly as we have done all season. at this stage of the season we should have improved dramatically considering how many games this back 4 have played together now, instead they look like strangers who are conceding goals at an alarming rate. and even more concerning is the standard of goals we are losing. schoolboy defending, amatuerish errors that should have been erradicated from the team for the most part by now. what exactly are the defenders working on in training all week?

roll on tuesday till we finally get this league wrapped up, but i want to see a controlled, disciplined performance to let us build some confidence before the petrofac final and obviously the semi final v the filth. as poor as they may be, if we go into that game in the defensive form we have shown recently that wee thumb headed mutant will have a fucking field day.