Next Years Budget

Rangers Rab

I would expect every penny brought in by season ticket sales getting used if we win the Scottish cup to push for a Europa League place.

Also I would renew the managers contract, I would also put a £10m fee in should Spurs lose their manager to Man Utd and come after ours manager.  

He he is our most valuable asset by far and should have a contract reflecting that.  What's £10 to a premiership club ? He is worth more his weight in gold.

How much is McKay worth after Sunday? In fact apart from a few fringe players you would want a 7 figure sum at least for any of them. 

Thay down to the manager. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers Rab said:

If you must post articles from the Daily Courageous then cut and paste so the bastards don't get more hits.

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I would expect every penny brought in by season ticket sales getting used if we win the Scottish cup to push for a Europa League place.

Also I would renew the managers contract, I would also put a £10m fee in should Spurs lose their manager to Man Utd and come after ours manager.  

He he is our most valuable asset by far and should have a contract reflecting that.  What's £10 to a premiership club ? He is worth more his weight in gold.

How much is McKay worth after Sunday? In fact apart from a few fringe players you would want a 7 figure sum at least for any of them. 

Give him mccoists contract

5 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I was hoping we would be committing a little more than £5 million but I trust Warburton to make it work. 

At this stage it's actually somewhat more than I expected.  The manager patched together a team that ran away with the league and played them off the park for a lot less than 5 million so in the meantime if that is indeed the figure i'm content with that.  It will increase as the revenues increase.  

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

At this stage it's actually somewhat more than I expected.  The manager patched together a team that ran away with the league and played them off the park for a lot less than 5 million so in the meantime if that is indeed the figure i'm content with that.  It will increase as the revenues increase.  

Warburton hasn't done patched together ever in his life that's what you get from McCoist. 

He sat down and built a team that has ran riot and has a spine that will continue into the top flight,  I said all along that 4/5 mill would be enough for him in the summer. 

Hopefully this is true and we can get the first targets that our management have already got picked out. 

1 hour ago, Muz333 said:

I was hoping we would be committing a little more than £5 million but I trust Warburton to make it work. 

Mate, he said about 7 players, we alread have 2 coming in which leaves 1 million per player (that's if he doesn't get anymore out of contract in the summer) 

how much did he spend in the summer? and look what they have achieved! 

I rest my case

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Celtic are putting numbers like £10m on talented players and we should be doing the same.  Tierney and Roberts were no better than McKay on Sunday. 

Off course you have to pay wages and bonuses as well. If that isn't included in the 5 million then it's a fair enough spend. We'll be freeing up wages from those who are departing also.

It's all a far cry from what we used to spend and all the better for it.

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Warburton hasn't done patched together ever in his life that's what you get from McCoist. 

He sat down and built a team that has ran riot and has a spine that will continue into the top flight,  I said all along that 4/5 mill would be enough for him in the summer. 

Hopefully this is true and we can get the first targets that our management have already got picked out. 

Patched together in the sense of the amount of time he had which was apparently around 3 weeks judging by a comment from a board member after the Peterhead game.  I agree that he's not the type of man to just pull these guys randomly out of a hat sort of thing.

His coming Summer spend will be on another level because he will have been scrutinising targets for months and you get the feeling that anyone making it into a Warburton team has gone through something more akin to a taxing job interview rather than a mere transaction.  New recruits will be a up for it mentally and suitable to fit into our total football system.

I'm betting that Gordon Strachan would prefer Scots players to be at Rangers now rather than Celtic because he now knows that Rangers players are being coached to play a high standard of football.  Scott Allan take note.  You made the biggest mistake of your life. 

Don't forget Murdoch and Hardie will be back at the start of the new season and if he can turn McKay in to the 'best team in the world' beater, he should be able to get something out of one of these kids.

Maybe both!:541:

1 hour ago, Prso is King said:

This is just made up. They have no clue what the budget will be.

This. It's just a made up number or guesstimate. Im certain as the day is long than no-one from Rangers will have officially said anything about £5million. It's a reporter guessing we'll spend more than £1m but  less than £10m then splitting the difference.

2 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Mate, he said about 7 players, we alread have 2 coming in which leaves 1 million per player (that's if he doesn't get anymore out of contract in the summer) 

how much did he spend in the summer? and look what they have achieved! 

I rest my case

I know he can do wonders with it, as he's shown with the team this season.  However I do admit to having one eye on European football again and wondering if we should be spending a little more, not an excessive amount, just a little extra.