Club 1872 Statement - IPSO & Daily Record

eskbankloyal

No need to poll sure they know the answer already!We as fans are once again doing all we can to fight our corner.Where is the statement from the club?If our board don't come out all guns blazing and ban the bastards then that tells me all I need to know about our current custodians.

Maybe the Club reps have done something (maybe even something vigorous and emphatic) to take the DR to task.  Does anyone know? If they have then its passed me by unnoticed.   The Club has a media department and its seems to me that it is a fundamental role to identify Press articles which damage Rangers' reputation and good name.  And then to pursue the matter with the newspaper, journalist, TV company until it is resolved to Rangers' satisfaction.     Now the Club reps may have been actively pursuing this case (and others) but the problem in this supposedly fresh era of King-heralded transparency is the work actually done by the Club to deal with the case(s) is not really explained to the Support. 

Back to the days of restrained silence?  Unless that is until a big issue arises like the Cup Final assaults on Rangers' players and staff and we are then treated to quick and emphatic and admirable statements from the Club..........and then a whole lot of silence.......even after the report has been published and we'd said we wanted to consider it......and still silence.......     I expected a higher level of performance from the Club on these matters.  And certainly a much higher level of transparency of reporting back to the Support - who are as much the injured party here as the Club itself its.

Professional statement, now need the Club to follow up and keep the pressure on those who blatantly tell lies about our Club and support.

People need to know they will be taken to task, and there will be consequences for their actions.

Sectarian hatred fuelled by apathy from our Club in the past in regards to challenging these liars, has led us to where people think they can write any old shite and lies, and they will get away with it.

Not a bad statement at all, with regards to comments made about the club this is understandable, if they club are doing something in the background but can't divulge too much for legal reasons then they should tell us that because at least we will now that at least something is being done.

It's a good statement but I'm not for boycotts or bans of an organisation.

I know it's not the opinion of many & i'll accept that but I prefer we challenge lies & mistruths like this by attacking them with the Truth & embarrassing them with evidence to provde otherwise.

IMO, we shouldn't ban the DR but neither should we offer any form of cooperation. They are welcome to the press conference but no questions will be answered, they are welcome to into the stadium but interviews will be provided, the are welcome to view our matches but additional information be offered .... by limiting/removing access it inhibits their ability to report.

Could someone sue the rhag over this ?  after all the rhag stated every single rangers supporter attacked police vans. As there seem to be no repercussions for the rhag over this then why not sue them and make them pay  for their lies.

12 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Could someone sue the rhag over this ?  after all the rhag stated every single rangers supporter attacked police vans. As there seem to be no repercussions for the rhag over this then why not sue them and make them pay  for their lies.

Probably not. (Although I could be wrong)

They didn't specifically say "Rangers Football Club" - the club - stopped officers reaching the ground. Nor did they say Rangers Football Supporter John Smith of 123 Fake Street, Glasgow & Jane Brown of 321 Fake Street, Glasgow stopped officers reaching the ground. 

7 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Probably not. (Although I could be wrong)

They didn't specifically say "Rangers Football Club" - the club - stopped officers reaching the ground. Nor did they say Rangers Football Supporter John Smith of 123 Fake Street, Glasgow & Jane Brown of 321 Fake Street, Glasgow stopped officers reaching the ground. 

By saying all supporters then if john smith from fake street was there then they were including him

A good statement, but one that the club should have been making. Credit given where it's due though.

One thing though, on the back of this whole debacle - I hope to fuck that we see no comments or quotes in the Record or Evening Times from Houston or anyone associated with C1872 / RST from this moment going forward.

Additionally, it also means that, that Nationalist fuckwit Jonny McFarlanes position as Record blogger is now untenable and I expect he'll be issuing / tweeting a statement saying that in light of recent events, he can no longer write for them :)

2 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

No need to poll sure they know the answer already!We as fans are once again doing all we can to fight our corner.Where is the statement from the club?If our board don't come out all guns blazing and ban the bastards then that tells me all I need to know about our current custodians.

Definite need to poll even when the answer is obvious. It's member led - the members have the final say

47 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

A good statement, but one that the club should have been making. Credit given where it's due though.

One thing though, on the back of this whole debacle - I hope to fuck that we see no comments or quotes in the Record or Evening Times from Houston or anyone associated with C1872 / RST from this moment going forward.

Additionally, it also means that, that Nationalist fuckwit Jonny McFarlanes position as Record blogger is now untenable and I expect he'll be issuing / tweeting a statement saying that in light of recent events, he can no longer write for them :)

Their 'useful idiot'.