You win nothing on the cheap mr king.

KingKirk

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

good post mate and I get what you are saying. However this is where the club should come forward and state 100% what this seasons aim is not hiding behind this highly competitive sound bite.

I think Warburton and everyone working with the club would accept a comfortable 2nd within 5-10 points of the scum. To me is that acceptable nope but it's certainly understandable when everything is considered first year back etc.

What are the clubs expectations this season that's as a fan all I want to hear.

King's 20mil. He won't say that and it's not like it's obvious!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

King doesn't pick the team, formation and tactics. Nor is he the only board member. 

Why isn't this in the Boredroom section anyway? Feel bad enough about last night without the same old people repeating the sama old matras in the Bears Den. 

Well the king fan boys did insist on giving king the plaudits for bringing him in, so what goes around comes around!

As for other board members, the MD lost his spine, if he ever had one and t3b have gone MIA. As for mini, the least said the better.

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How much does DK allocate to MW?

Does this budget have to cover youth development and scouting?

How much of MW's budget is allocated to strengthening the first team?

What is the current wage bill for players?

What is the current wage cap for players?

£750,000

Fuck knows

Nothing

Too much

Infinte

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Well the king fan boys did insist on giving king the plaudits for bringing him in, so what goes around comes around!

As for other board members, the MD lost his spine, if he ever had one and t3b have gone MIA. As for mini, the least said the better.

I'm not interested. You and your pals keep posting the same old boredroom shite in the BD if it makes you happy. Does that mean I get to post GIP threads here? 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

If £750,000 is all the board allocated to MW, then DK's statement about competing with Celtic meant nothing, they'll have 10IAR if that figure is true.

If we spend £750,000 this window(we've spent more BTW) then they'll win 10 in a row? Really? Has anyone told Dave that?

Ok i was as pissed off as anyone last night but this is getting out of hand. I think out signings have been pretty good. People might think we are going for the cheap but what we are saving in transfer fees, we are using on wages to attract the likes of Barton, Kranjcar and Lescott (Personal terms were agreed). Not to forget that we have offered new bumpers deals to players from last year as well. It's not all about the transfer fee. 

Just now, AlBear85 said:

If we spend £750,000 this window(we've spent more BTW) then they'll win 10 in a row? Really? Has anyone told Dave that?

If that figures is all that's being allocated from the board, how can MW effectively strengthen the first team.(I believe we've spent more)  If this was true, then the forecast for future budgets looks grim and Celtic will have 10IAR before we have built a team that can challenge them. We've had record ST sales, How much of that will go to strengthen the first team?

11 hours ago, sh323 said:

King should take a long hard look at himself if he's not prepared to sign a better defender than Hill or Senderos.

Because the board make the signings? 

Fwiw Espinosa had agreed a deal with us until Middlesborough came in at the last minute & we had no plan B hence the panic stations now trying to get a CH. 

7 hours ago, Willis said:

:lol::lol: King doesn't give a fuck as long as he gets an invite to Reagans christmas party with Doncaster.

potless liar

FFS. Lets put it this way, the 'relationship' between Rangers & the SPFL has never been worse than it is now. With the SFA it's not much better after the cup final.

17 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If that figures is all that's being allocated from the board, how can MW effectively strengthen the first team.(I believe we've spent more) 

Well, it obviously isn't, so I don't why you're proclaiming it may be.

17 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If this was true, then the forecast for future budgets looks grim and Celtic will have 10IAR before we have built a team that can challenge them. We've had record ST sales, How much of that will go to strengthen the first team?

We've been running at losses for half a decade. Why do idiots like you think every penny of ST money should be spent on players? ST cash is the Iife blood of the club, always has been always will be. It's there to pay for everything. Not to pay for new players if our costs are higher than our income. It's the ultimate irony cunts like you bang on incessantly about business practice's of board members while offering such a retarded alternative. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Because the board make the signings? 

Fwiw Espinosa had agreed a deal with us until Middlesborough came in at the last minute & we had no plan B hence the panic stations now trying to get a CH. 

King sets the budget and took the plauduts in signing NW, so he can take the heat when it's going wrong.

BTW, we need two center backs, not one.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

King sets the budget and took the plauduts in signing NW, so he can take the heat when it's going wrong.

BTW, we need two center backs, not one.

No he doesn't. 

Stewart Robertson does (tu) 

i agree, we need 2 but Warburton only wants 1 more. 

The problems signs in the central defence were there way from last season, and they were flagged up by thousands. But no urgency has been shown by board or management until now which leads me to believe they are happy to accept second best. Unfortunately that mhob qualifying for the cl makes it even worse, they'll have funds enough to win this league at a canter, they won't even bother about results in the cl all they cared about was that cash to strengthen for the spfl to beat us. DK made noises about millions being invested now that is being spun as over so many years and we must have patience blah blah blah. Unfortunately patience is wearing thin as is our want especially as the defence problems were well documented before the season started and beyond and we have a visit to the saviledome imminent, not perfect timing. So it looks like it this could be a watershed moment for DK and indeed MW. Hopefully we get a repeat performance of the sc semi but it's a big ask, time will tell ! :sherlock:

39 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Ok i was as pissed off as anyone last night but this is getting out of hand. I think out signings have been pretty good. People might think we are going for the cheap but what we are saving in transfer fees, we are using on wages to attract the likes of Barton, Kranjcar and Lescott (Personal terms were agreed). Not to forget that we have offered new bumpers deals to players from last year as well. It's not all about the transfer fee. 

The voice of reason. 

What surprises me is how the "glib and shameless liar" was allowed to sneak back up the stairs at Ibrox.

His actions almost brought about a second financial crisis at Ibrox when he convinced punters not to buy Season Tickets.

He got the Club delisted from the Stock Exchange and we're still essentially in limbo there.

He promised millions of pounds, not a penny of which has been produced, we're existing on revenue from ticket sales etc.

He's pissed away god knows how much in legal fees fighting with Ashley.

The sad result is two poor wins and two scraped by draws. 

NOT GOOD ENOUGH DAVID!!!!