English Football League to consider Celtic and Rangers

Ace

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

(tu) fair answers except number 1.  aparrently this is a new league set up with spare spaces for us ( sure I read that, but high as fuck so might be wrong :lol:)

Looking at the table at the bottom they would set it up by not having a relegation from the Premier League.

They then relegate 4 from Championship to League 1,

8 from League 1 to League 2,

12 from League 2 into League 3 which would then be topped up to 20 teams with 8 Conference sides.

Imagine being the teams that finish 7th and 8th in the conference and being told your places have been given to the Old Firm instead?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Looking at the table at the bottom they would set it up by not having a relegation from the Premier League.

They then relegate 4 from Championship to League 1,

8 from League 1 to League 2,

12 from League 2 into League 3 which would then be topped up to 20 teams with 8 Conference sides.

Imagine being the teams that finish 7th and 8th in the conference and being told your places have been given to the Old Firm instead?

You'd be gutted but being part of the English pyramid system would provide them with a chance the next season and the season after that. Something like this although highly unlikely is probably our only chance of eventually getting into the Premier League. Whether I'd want that or not I'm not sure.

It's only a matte of time, whilst UEFA say no to an Atlantic league, the time will come to break away from UEFA

If the FL decide to invite us and the terrorist loving nappy rippers, the Dutch and Nordic countries may step in and offer an Atlantic league without the approval of UEFA, perfect timing as well considering to qualify for the champions league is exclusive to those with cash 

Whatever will happen will happen but there is no way we are staying in Scotland forever

35 minutes ago, gogzy said:

(tu) fair answers except number 1.  aparrently this is a new league set up with spare spaces for us ( sure I read that, but high as fuck so might be wrong :lol:)

You could expect takeovers from China imminently if this was rubber stamped

Can you imgine someone like dagenam and redbridge coming to Ibrox to play in fromt of 50k fans,  they would shite themselves :lol:

There also wouldn't be the hatred we have to put up with daily in Scotland, and weekly from players in Scotland on the park.

The english have enough on their plates hating the big 5 or 6 in the EPL.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Can you imgine someone like dagenam and redbridge coming to Ibrox to play in fromt of 50k fans,  they would shite themselves :lol:

There also wouldn't be the hatred we have to put up with daily in Scotland, and weekly from players in Scotland on the park.

The english have enough on their plates hating the big 5 or 6 in the EPL.

It all comes down to Sky I believe and BT Sports, if they push it it will happen

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

OK let's play along with it for a while.

A) do you think the English would vote both of us in, and do you think there should be seperate votes for both team?

Both. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna bring the fixture as well.

B) if we were voted in, would you accept?   Do you think we would keep the same harcore traveling support making a 9 hour drive to the bottom of England for a tuesday game?  

Fuck yes. And yes.

C) Do you think we would fare well, do you think both the old firm could easily progress through the lowr leagues and at the very least get to the championship before things got tough?

Yep. The cream, or the wealth, rises to the top generally. And we'd be hugely attractive as an investment from some rich types.

D) if we went, would you expect a dramatic change in our budget, and the type of players we would sign?  do you think that some of the players we have right now would want to play in the English 5th division ( when I assume the possibility of Euro football at least swayed some decisions to come here.

It's a matter of money and prestige. We'd get much better players than those around us each season and it'd be enough for us to progress.

E) Do you think they would ask us to move our grounds south of the border?

No. What's the point then? It wouldn't be Rangers and Celtic any more.

I am sure I'll think of more questions.

Would love it, but the turkeys voting for Christmas thing just always gets in the way.

It is going to happen but probably not when I can get to enjoy away days down south and hope they take into consideration that a fanbase that has supported the killing of many English in the past and don't want to be British are made to feel like the foreigners they cunts are. 

First of all, I don't see this happening but this is exactly what we need.

I hope that when the clubs are deciding they look at what happened in the lower divisions while we were there.

1. All the clubs benefitted from us being in their league. That is, nobody lost out because of our presence.

2. We added value to the competitions we played in with increased media coverage, larger crowds etc.

3. We progressed up through the leagues reasonably well.

4. The leagues we weren't playing in suffered, as did the teams in those leagues.

In short, if the English clubs ask their Scottish counterparts they'll be told that we bring more than we take away and that leagues and teams go downhill in our absence.

I don't see it happening but our experience over the last few years shows that it would be a win win situation for everybody involved.

Guest Lloyd72

I love the idea of a british league personally and think this could be the first step to achieving that, however I remain sceptical that this idea is actually in the pipeline.

In year one, using the current standings the 18 other teams would be:

From League 2: Barnet, Cheltenham, Hartlepool, Crewe, Blackpool, Newport, Wycombe, Accrington, Yeovil, Stevanage, Exeter, Cambridge

From the Vanarama Conf: Tranmere, Dagenham & Redbridge, Forest Green, Lincoln, Gateshead, Dover.

I guess it would be like starting in Division 3 once again. The club should have resources away beyond those of the competition, but it would be at a higher standard, and one where progress might well be slower.  Would the club be able to retain and pay players as it tried to do under McCoist? The club made heavy losses in the lower leagues. Could it withstand similar in the EFL.

Away games at Yeovil and Dover aren't really going to be practical for the bulk of fans

28 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The more i think about it the more in seems possible. We'd add so much to a league set up down there not least a extra few zeros on tv contracts and sponsorship deals.

We would then take away 0000's from other clubs which is where the problem is if they were guaranteed the same then just maybe we would have a chance but very slim.

I'd like to see the possibility of a British league, especially as Rangers being a British club would thoroughly deserves it - whereas c*ltic deserve to be in an oirish league.  In fact c*ltic are the only club in the world never to have played a home game.

FTP & all who rides him.

Petty as fuck but why is their name ahead if ours on a Rangers forum? I'm defo not the only one who thought this surely...

As for moving to a British League, I genuinely believe us (and them) would have the clout to become real genuine forces down South, within an few years the Sheik's would buy is over, again them too, our World Wide selling potential would make such a move enevitable, us and the tims would likely have two 80k seater stadiums in the one City.

Personally though I'm no a fan of English football, I don't feel fans are as connected with their clubs as they once were, it's fantasy football and it creates a distance from the club as you knew it.

I'm far more interested in getting our game back to a decent level, it'll never compete with 'the big four' but I don't see why we can't compete with Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland and Holland, Nations who at the moment are far higher seeded than ous

A football system with referees whl dontheir job far better, with more money and with a more lucrative reward? Yes please. 

Likely won't happen though. A lot of their top teams will not shoot themselves ln the football. 

3 hours ago, gogzy said:

OK let's play along with it for a while.

A) do you think the English would vote both of us in, and do you think there should be seperate votes for both team?

B) if we were voted in, would you accept?   Do you think we would keep the same harcore traveling support making a 9 hour drive to the bottom of England for a tuesday game?  

C) Do you think we would fare well, do you think both the old firm could easily progress through the lowr leagues and at the very least get to the championship before things got tough?

D) if we went, would you expect a dramatic change in our budget, and the type of players we would sign?  do you think that some of the players we have right now would want to play in the English 5th division ( when I assume the possibility of Euro football at least swayed some decisions to come here.

E) Do you think they would ask us to move our grounds south of the border?

I am sure I'll think of more questions.

I'm very impressed that you know the alphabet gogzy.?

I'd like this to happen, but we should also have a 'Colts' team playing in Scotland. This would be a win/win situation, progressing through the English league system, while also keeping Scottish football alive, as I'm sure most Bears will follow both teams, although not necessary on the same day.

I don't think this will happen - and I don't think it would be in Rangers best interest either and certainly would be bad for Scottish football as a whole. 

Initially there is that big step down in quality - done that. Even if we did win successive promotions to the championship that is one hell of a tough league to get out of with some extremely well funded teams.

if change is gonna come ( !) then I'd prefer looking 'upwards' - probably the Altlantic league type setup. 

Having said all that 'politically' a British super league might have some backing. :disappointment: