We're in good shape

The Wee General

14 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't view us as being stuck with the manager, sorry if I gave that over, what I mean is that he is possibly the best man we have to do the job he was given to do. I'm a fan of Warburton, I think he has a vision for football in terms of how it should be played, and he has a vision for this club, something it has lacked for a long time. I personally think he will get it right, but I also appreciate that he won't be given a great deal of time to do so. My personal view is that we lack players in certain areas and that the manager knows that, but he is never going to say that publicly.

Then he's putting his own reputation on the line to cover the arse of a crooked liar. 

Warburton would do well to remember when the boat starts to sink King will be the first one shouting every man for himself. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

And if he gets us the Euro spot will you be happy then and want him to stay.

I wouldn't be happy no, because we should be winning the league with the size of club we have and the support. That said he would get another season, but he then needs to call out the board to find him the money we most certainly need to get us back to the CL. 

Hopefully the fact we managed to get a euro spot means he's finally seen sense and changed things to get wins, if he doesn't the only euro trip we will get is the 2 weeks Glesga Fair. 

2 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

If it was just "them" we were baws against then fair point.

But we are struggling against teams with a quater of our budget at home in front of 50,000 fans.

Also septic did not spend zillions this summer they got two free transfers, an ex Dunfermline keeper on a nominal fee, a half decent winger from Villa and some right back 99 percent of people in Scotland had not heard of yet they have become a better team due to having a manager who can change tactics and adapt.

We are signing guys at £1.8m and paying others £20,000 a week yet we can't even beat a bunch of goat herders from Dingwall at home even with 60+ percent possession.

If by free transfers you are including the boy from Fulham, I think they actually spent about half a million on him.   The trouble is when you compare him to Joe Garner I think we all know which club is going to get the better payday if they cash in on their investment in a couple of years

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then he's putting his own reputation on the line to cover the arse of a crooked liar. 

Warburton would do well to remember when the boat starts to sink King will be the first one shouting every man for himself. 

No manager would ever say that though, not publicly. Warburton has had to sign and retain players because of our spending abilities, that is how it looks to me from the outside. In the meantime he is possibly hoping that the more we are in this division, and the possibility of Europeam football, will give more spending power in the future; these are early days when we look at what is going on with the structure of the club in terms of coaching and scouting etc. There is also the fact that we could see the development of players coming through Auchenhowie in the next few years.

21 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

And if he gets us the Euro spot will you be happy then and want him to stay.

How exactly do you define the "Euro spot"?   If you mean the CL then perhaps, but you first need to win your league to have a chance of getting there.  If you mean the EL, then you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think we would make any sort of significant money out of that.   In any event it all supposes we can put a team on the park that would get through the qualifiers.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I wouldn't be happy no, because we should be winning the league with the size of club we have and the support. That said he would get another season, but he then needs to call out the board to find him the money we most certainly need to get us back to the CL. 

Hopefully the fact we managed to get a euro spot means he's finally seen sense and changed things to get wins, if he doesn't the only euro trip we will get is the 2 weeks Glesga Fair. 

So what is it.Is it the league or nothing.If it's the league or nothing then what you going to do if the next manager comes in and finds himself in the same spot MW is in right now.Time for that manager to go or if he doesn't win league first time,what get rid of him as well.Good luck with that plan.Manager wanted must win SPL first time of asking or your out of job.Ye that's going to be good.Going to attract some serious contenders.

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

So what is it.Is it the league or nothing.If it's the league or nothing then what you going to do if the next manager comes in and finds himself in the same spot MW is in right now.Time for that manager to go or if he doesn't win league first time,what get rid of him as well.Good luck with that plan.Manager wanted must win SPL first time of asking or your out of job.Ye that's going to be good.Going to attract some serious contenders.

Most football managers have massive egos, so yes, there will be plenty who would say "I'll do that".   Trouble is if there are no resources to fund that strategy, then the end result won't be different.  We need more money spent on the playing squad before we'll get anywhere like winning the SPFL

6 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

It's interesting when you put that in the context of reading Jock Wallace's record at Rangers. He had three years at the club before winning the league. Would he get that if he was the manager now?

10 minutes ago, offsiderules said:

How exactly do you define the "Euro spot"?   If you mean the CL then perhaps, but you first need to win your league to have a chance of getting there.  If you mean the EL, then you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think we would make any sort of significant money out of that.   In any event it all supposes we can put a team on the park that would get through the qualifiers.

The "euro spot" was the term used by someone else who I quoted if you had read the previous posts you would have seen that right enough

4 minutes ago, offsiderules said:

Most football managers have massive egos, so yes, there will be plenty who would say "I'll do that".   Trouble is if there are no resources to fund that strategy, then the end result won't be different.  We need more money spent on the playing squad before we'll get anywhere like winning the SPFL

I will give you a prime example of your phylosopphy.Do you think Davy Moyes had a massive ego.Put forward by SAF no less.Wasn't producing the goods so fucked off and hey presto another manager pops up and spends how many hundreds of millions and guess what gets fucked off.Ye that's how to do it.Lucky for Man U that they didn't have the same attitude as some of the experts on here when SAF first went there right enough but obviously some at Man U had forgotten about SAFs start.

5 hours ago, SteveEarle said:

Each and everyone of that illustrious list of men had periods where things weren't going their way.  We do look back with rose coloured spectacles at times.

No one is clearly happy at the moment but surely to god MW needs to be given more time.  There are signs that we 'may' be turning a corner.

:541:

I'm beginning to think that beating the scum in the cup semi wasn't such a great result after all. Yes it's always great to beat the cunts but bear with me here.

Since the cup semi we haven't kicked a ball. Someone else posted the stats and they make truly meiserable reading so I'm not posting them again. Beating them in the semi has stifled the investment we should have had in the summer as the board and management thought that we wouldn't need that much to beat them. They, however, have done exactly what we knew they would do, stockpile the money they got from players and what little european football they had and prepare for our return. Last night's result, although not as great a victory as the MSM would have us all believe, highlights how much better a set up they have than us. They are going to reap a good few bob from this years CL and UEFA Cup and when they sell Tierney and Dumbele for £10m each (stop sniggering at the back) and go on from strength to strength and unless we buck our ideas up we are going to be in their wake for years.

We, in the meantime, are floundering mid to bottom table. Players underperforming week after week is a real pain in the arse. They have the best facilities, dieticians, therapists and  NS Davie Weir and yet they're far too lack lustre in the games. Wallace and McKay being the biggest offenders of late yet they're still first pick. Where's the fight? Where's the spirit? What has happened? Is the team so fractured that they have forgotten how to play together? The marking is shit, The defending is shit. The pressuring of the other team when they have the ball is shit. The inability to change anything during the game is blatantly obvious to everyone apart from MW.

We played better mid way through last season. What's changed?

I don't see this changing anytime soon. I will continue to support the team as always (Hands up those who remember the 80's) but I fear for the future. If we don't beat Thistle on Saturday we really will be getting on for a low that I'm not sure the fans will be able to stomach and I don't even want to think about the semi just yet.

And before you ask, yes, East Enclosure!!

5 hours ago, kanjo said:

thanks for your input squire. Not that i asked for it. #Walloper

You're on a forum m8, but you don't ask for opinions ? How does that work ? I'll  give you an opinion , No real Rangers supporter would "fail to renew" his season book while our club needs us MORE than ever. Results come and go but we must never role over and let the tims prevail, it's our duty as bears to hold fast . Hope your lucky enough  to afford a season ticket as lack of funds is your only resonable excuse for desertion. I've had mine since 1987 but never cherished it more than these past four years and when I'm in my urn my son will continue with his DUTY. 

33 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

In our 114yr history we have won 54 top flight and 3 lower league titles = 57 from 114 which basically is 50% success rate at winning the league, this notion that because we are Rangers we should be winning it every year doesn't wash.

If we go down the road that that we must win the league every single year now we will end up sacking more managers than fucking bhs.

18 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

In our 114yr history we have won 54 top flight and 3 lower league titles = 57 from 114 which basically is 50% success rate at winning the league, this notion that because we are Rangers we should be winning it every year doesn't wash.

If we go down the road that that we must win the league every single year now we will end up sacking more managers than fucking bhs.

Well some want the manager gone 7 games into the season in fact some were wanting him gone before that.Fuck we could manage 4 managers a season at that rate.Next guy in 7 games out,7 games out yep master plan by the football collective commonly known as RMF. Even got some of the greatest fans in the world not renewing their STs if we don't win the league.Tradition,faith,honour,what a load of pish.Some behave like spoilt brats.Lucky it's only the Internet and not real life.

31 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I don't see anyone saying we must win every season, but we do have the aspiration to do so. We need serious investment to mount a challenge to give us a fighting chance. We currently are not competing and yes, it was probably a big ask to do it in the first year back, but it doesn't stop you dreaming. However, he reality is, that we will not mount any challenge until this board either provides sufficient funds to challenge the scum or new owners are found with the means to do so, or indeed the scum go out of business. Until that day comes, there will be no competing with them, so we are in for a long wait. This league, this year will turn out to be another one horse race for them and as they again enter the CL next season with another windfall, the financial gap widens and makes our job doubly difficult. We need money for quality players, no matter who the manager is, end of.

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Did you even read my post? 

If he can't do the very least that's expected this season and that's a euro spot then he deserves sacked, if he can't win the league next season then he deserves sacked. 

I take it your happy finishing second in a 2 horse race. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he can't do the very least that's expected this season and that's a euro spot then he deserves sacked, if he can't win the league next season then he deserves sacked. 

It's really a two horse race though, not at the moment. Given time we will be serious contenders, but I have never thought we would win the league this season. We will compete, but finishing second this season, sadly, will be an achievement in the longer term context.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Read your post.Your not happy if he gets a euro spot whatever spot that is I don't know because we should be winning the league that's what you said.So I take it if he gets us a " euro spot" this year your not happy but he can stay but will have to go if he doesn't win league the following year.Is that what you are saying then.

28 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You're on a forum m8, but you don't ask for opinions ? How does that work ? I'll  give you an opinion , No real Rangers supporter would "fail to renew" his season book while our club needs us MORE than ever. Results come and go but we must never role over and let the tims prevail, it's our duty as bears to hold fast . Hope your lucky enough  to afford a season ticket as lack of funds is your only resonable excuse for desertion. I've had mine since 1987 but never cherished it more than these past four years and when I'm in my urn my son will continue with his DUTY.

This 100%. Couldn't agree more, by coincidence 87 was also my first ST (hence the user name).

36 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Sorry mate,  we weren't formed in 1902.