Your personal top 3 Rangers

Jamie0202

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 55Bear said:

A lot of mentions of gazza on here, and it got me thinking about his stories, but could someone remind me of the one where (I think) Archie Knox told him to go and have a nip, either before the game or at half time.

Thanks in advance ?

Rangers played hearts in a semi final at the tattiedome. Gazza wasn't playing to good and sir Walter asked had he been drinking before the game and gazza said no. Sir Walter said well u need to go have one. And he went into the corporate boxes and order I think a double brandy. He tanned it and went out to have 1 of the best 2nd half performances he's had for us. And we got to the final. The end. Loved gazza hero and had the pleasure to meet him in Glasgow. And when I seen him I said welcome home gazza and he said thanks a lot I love Glasgow 

I'd love to include Greig and Jardine but I was too young to remember seeing them play when I first went to watch us (47). 

Has to be Gough (Captain fantastic), Goram (cue Tommy Burns quote), Laudrup (sheer class)....might've said McCoist (for his goals during same period but just can't leave Laudrup out)

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A wee comment but not many mentioning Cooper in the top 3 

1 hour ago, 55Bear said:

For me Davie Cooper was either fanstastic/best ever or really shite an went missing half his games he played 

I'm 29 in December, the first two are the easiest decisions you'll ever make.

1. Laudrup - the greatest Rangers player of my lifetime.  Genuine world class.

2. gazza - I just loved the guy, genuinely world class aswell.

i honestly don't know who would be number 3.  Albertz maybe just shades it.  Mccoist would have been there if he hadn't fucked it by being a money grabbing embarrassment.

1 hour ago, davis1986 said:

Rangers played hearts in a semi final at the tattiedome. Gazza wasn't playing to good and sir Walter asked had he been drinking before the game and gazza said no. Sir Walter said well u need to go have one. And he went into the corporate boxes and order I think a double brandy. He tanned it and went out to have 1 of the best 2nd half performances he's had for us. And we got to the final. The end. Loved gazza hero and had the pleasure to meet him in Glasgow. And when I seen him I said welcome home gazza and he said thanks a lot I love Glasgow 

It was the final , the version I heard was we were 2-0 up and hearts scored to make it 2-1 . Mccoist and gazza had an arguement just before half time and it carried on down the tunnel , as soon as they walked in the dressing room ally shut up when he seen Walters glare however gazza kept going which cause Walter to lose the rag supposedly . Once it had all calmed down Knox advised gazza to go and get a double brandy and calm himself Down . 2nd half gazza scored a double 

Goram and sir Davie also had a wee bit of a spat too :pipe:

Looks an easy question until you start thinking of the greats down the years. Over my 40 years of following the Rangers, I would go for three players who have slayed the tarriers, so for me;

Andy Goram

Ian Ferguson

Ally Mccoist

Could have easily picked two teams.

8 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

It was the final , the version I heard was we were 2-0 up and hearts scored to make it 2-1 . Mccoist and gazza had an arguement just before half time and it carried on down the tunnel , as soon as they walked in the dressing room ally shut up when he seen Walters glare however gazza kept going which cause Walter to lose the rag supposedly . Once it had all calmed down Knox advised gazza to go and get a double brandy and calm himself Down . 2nd half gazza scored a double 

Goram and sir Davie also had a wee bit of a spat too :pipe:

That sounds like what I'd heard as well. Superb haha

Best 3 players for me for different reasons:

1) Barry Ferguson- a leader who played with passion and desire. My all time favourite Ranger because he was/is one of us. He was a superb player and lived the dream. His free kick in the cup final is my all time Rangers goal and I would love to see him involved in the club at some stage of his coaching career.

2) Arthur Numan- Just oozed quality and professionalism and was a bloody good player to match up as well. He player at a level we haven't seen for quite some time.

3) Mark Walters- Growing up I was all left sided, played either left wing or left mid and I wanted to be the white Mark Walters. The guy was just class and loved watching him tearing defences apart.:crywank:

I am 33 by the way.