15 points required out of 15

eejay the dj

I think we'll take 13 from those 5 games. 

The absolute most important ones are Wednesday and Saturday. Whilst the tarriers play County and the sheep away. If we can't get maximum points from those two and tims drop points then it really does show this group of  players and management don't have the mentality to take us forward

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, chris182 said:

They certainly did panic after the Semi last season.

I know we should NEVER easily accept mediocrity but I think second this season will be acceptable given where we currently are.

Fundamentally disagree.  They didn't "panic".  They took action that's all.  They knew the honeymoon was over now that we were coming back to the top table and their Norwegian experiment had failed miserably.    By contrast our board have yet to take that kind of proactive decision and until they do we will struggle to get even  2nd prize this season.

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I'll stick my neck out just now and say at the most we'll take 11 points from that. And that's me being generous.

Hope not , even after yesterday , getting all points from five games is definitely doable ,Fans are owed it from the team  , manager should be telling all the players that they are all playing for their career at Rangers 

Move the ball at pace into the final third and get shots on target. 

If we can do that we will win games even if the defence has a brain fart or two. 

If keep to the tippy tappy going nowhere pish but it's ok because we have possession then we will continue to drop points. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If we can do that we will win games even if the defence has a brain fart or two. 

If keep to the tippy tappy going nowhere pish but it's ok because we have possession then we will continue to drop points. 

Spot on , even arsenal couldny do it a few year ago ,with a better squad than we have , were always trying to walk the ball into the net 

44 minutes ago, offsiderules said:

Fundamentally disagree.  They didn't "panic".  They took action that's all.  They knew the honeymoon was over now that we were coming back to the top table and their Norwegian experiment had failed miserably.    By contrast our board have yet to take that kind of proactive decision and until they do we will struggle to get even  2nd prize this season.

I'd say the wages that Rodgers is skinning them for has a whiff of panic about it

Scottish Premiership
Rangers v St Johnstone - Wed 26 Oct
Rangers v Kilmarnock - Sat 29 Oct
Ross County v Rangers - Sun 6 Nov
Rangers v Dundee  Sat 19 Nov
Partick Thistle v Rangers - Sat 26 Nov
Hearts v Rangers - Wed 30 Nov
Rangers v Aberdeen - Sat 3 Dec
Rangers v Hearts - Sat 10 Dec

So for me then, the goal is to simply take more than [edit: or at least no less than] St. Johnstone, Hearts and Aberdeen take from their next 5 games.

Get our act together during those next 5 games, then it's all to play for in the next three (as far as the halfway point is concerned! :P ) 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If we can do that we will win games even if the defence has a brain fart or two. 

That appears to be the problem with this team mate.

We don't seem to have the players with the confidence to have a pop at goal and instead look for the easy pass.

Niko could have been key yesterday to pick runners and have a bit if composure on the ball but it wasn't to be.

A game last season i always remember was at cappielow against morton and we huffed and puffed and kept possession at the edge of their box, i am screaming for someone to have a dig and eventually someone did, the ball bounced off a defender and landed at Kennys feet, 0-1.

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

I'd say the wages that Rodgers is skinning them for has a whiff of panic about it

It's not called panicking.  It's called investing.  You speculate to accumulate.  Someone needs to show our board how you go about that.   As for "skinning" wages I can think of a few around Ibrox at the moment who could fall into that category.  You gets what you pays for in this world.

Someday soon - starting with the January window - the so called money men at our club need to be putting out. 

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That appears to be the problem with this team mate.

We don't seem to have the players with the confidence to have a pop at goal and instead look for the easy pass.

Niko could have been key yesterday to pick runners and have a bit if composure on the ball but it wasn't to be.

A game last season i always remember was at cappielow against morton and we huffed and puffed and kept possession at the edge of their box, i am screaming for someone to have a dig and eventually someone did, the ball bounced off a defender and landed at Kennys feet, 0-1.

Stood yesterday watching Holt Hobson and Tav play triangles on the half way line, going absolutely fucking nowhere. While the mhanks all got back behind the ball, they then proceeded to fall over the ball and give it away. The worst is some around me clapped this pish.

The amount of times yesterday when a quick pass could've got us in and the player fanny's about again and again before he finally plays the pass and it's either too late or more usually doesn't go to his own team. ?????

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

Scottish Premiership
Rangers v St Johnstone - Wed 26 Oct
Rangers v Kilmarnock - Sat 29 Oct
Ross County v Rangers - Sun 6 Nov
Rangers v Dundee  Sat 19 Nov
Partick Thistle v Rangers - Sat 26 Nov
Hearts v Rangers - Wed 30 Nov
Rangers v Aberdeen - Sat 3 Dec
Rangers v Hearts - Sat 10 Dec

So for me then, the goal is to simply take more than [edit: or at least no less than] St. Johnstone, Hearts and Aberdeen take from their next 5 games.

Get our act together during those next 5 games, then it's all to play for in the next three (as far as the halfway point is concerned! :P ) 

DWDWWLDD

There's my prediction for those 8 games. Our players don't have the stomach for big games.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Stood yesterday watching Holt Hobson and Tav play triangles on the half way line, going absolutely fucking nowhere. While the mhanks all got back behind the ball, they then proceeded to fall over the ball and give it away. The worst is some around me clapped this pish.

The amount of times yesterday when a quick pass could've got us in and the player fanny's about again and again before he finally plays the pass and it's either too late or more usually doesn't go to his own team. ?????

The wee triangles of play are fine if you are retaining possession either in the lead or looking to create a goalscoring opportunity.

Sadly the one time wee Holt had the chance to deliver something decent he blazed at it when it was screaming to be pulled back to the edge of the 6 yard box.

Don't see it that way at all...we need to finish second. 

I don't really care about arbitrary "must haves" or "must win" games.

Finish second, stop the treble and beat them at least twice would be lovely.

Find a sustainable way to fund the club going forward and get the investment in to allow us to challenge next season. Whether that's with MW in charge or not remains to be seen.

He must IMO get until the end of the season though.  

Think I'll just be happy taking it one game at a time now lads. Fuck this forecasting pish, we don't have the players to plan for it plus we get injuries just by walking to the training field it seems.

deal with st Johnstone (although I can't see us winning) then move on to killie with the lightning quick kris boyd.  

Bleak comes to mind

18 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I think we said something similar about our first 4 games this season,hopefully the manager can get the team playing again and win these games but I'm not filled with confidence.

Aye some daft cunt called Smile started it saying we had an easier start than them. How many times did we pass the ball to them without them even pressing us was unforgivable from the players.