Harry Forrester

Prso's headband

Deserves more time than he's been getting lately.

He likes a shot from anywhere rather than over-passing maybe MW doesn't like that, maybe his hydration levels have been low.

Although every other week people put their hopes on a different player being the guy who can come in and make the difference and it's not going to happen. We need better signings.

9 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

I'm pretty sure he got a run of starts at the start of the season after he created an assist v Hamilton: and I'm also sure that against Kilmarnock when we drew he missed a lot of shots and looked quite greedy in the final third and hit numerous shots off target - maybe that was part of the reason he doesn't start every game.

He can be greedy and shoots from distance a bit too often. Unlike the rest of our team though he isn't afraid to take shots at the packed defences we encounter. 

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Forrester has started against Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and St Johnstone in the league. Sub against Dundee, Hamilton, Partick and the scum. 9 appearances. Started against Motherwell in the league cup as well. 

McKay has only started 4 more league games than Forrester. Also the longest run McKay has went with consecutive starts is 5 matches, twice this season, first included four league cup games and the opener against Hamilton.

Forrester started 4 games on the trot in August against Peterhead in the cup then three league matches in a row against Dundee, Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

Harry has been given a chance this season and not delivered enough.

Given those stats how does Kenny Miller play week in week out and how is he deemed to have delivered enough.Forrester has scored as many goals as both Miller and Garner in the league but as you have pointed out has only appeared in 9 league games compared to Millers 13 in the league. If they need to drop anyone out of the front line surely Miller should be the man dropped.The stats don't lie as you have pointed out. 3 goals for Kenny in over 800 minutes of league play is not good enough,not good enough for any Rangers forward.Im pretty sure if other forwards had given us the same goals per minutes played return there would be plenty wanting that player dropped and rightly so.Miller is no different from anyone else.

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

He's the only player we're got that seems capable of making an impact. Should 100% start.

He does have an impact but mainly from the bench.  Hardly ever impressed when he starts and a lot of the time you wouldn't think he's on the pitch when he's starting games.

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I think it's forums you don't understand.

Forums are for opinions, I give mine enough to know.

Acknowledging those opinions might be different from people who are actually employed by clubs seems to be a rarity.

Ironically enough I've seen the word humility bandied around by a few of the resident know-it-alls.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Wouldn't start Miller myself.

Midfield three at the moment picks itself - Halliday, Holt and Windass. 

Nobody of the front three has delivered enough and it's the reason we have struggled to score often this season. I'd start Forrester in the front three, none of MOH, Garner, Waghorn, Miller, Dodoo and McKay have shown enough. It's arguably our weakest area this season, which says a lot considering the defence has been pish.

Yes totally agree. Said on different thread its goals we need and all of our front line have been poor.

Does some good stuff,  but then makes bad final choices, does too much and loses it or fucks it into the stand normally.

He's a so close, yet so far kind of guy, in terms of being a good player.

Great attitude and application, though. I like him because of that.

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Surprised there hasn't been a thread made yet. Not just basing this on the fact he won us the game but I struggle to understand why he doesn't start either as a CAM or winger. He changed the game when he came on and always wanted the ball and always fought for it as well. 

I like him a lot and he would start every game for me. He ran the show against Dundee last time round until he had to be taken off cause he would've been sent off and hadn't been seen since bar a few sub appearances I think. 

His celebration was just borne out of pure frustration of not playing IMO. Just his general body language after he scored and rightfully so. I think he's a good player. Maybe not as good a game changer as Windass might become but I think he should be starting.  

What happened at his celebration?

I thought HF would have been one of our big players this season but if I'm honest , too many games have passed him by . 

Having said that , I like him . I like the way he's not scared to have a shot . Wish a few others did the same instead of looking to pass the ball . 

I think the real issue is the 4-3-3 at all costs.  Harry can go beyond opposition midfield and defences more easily than either Holt or Halliday and he takes more risks than either Holt or Halliday.  I'd rather have Harry in the team before Dodoo any day of the week.

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He can be greedy and shoots from distance a bit too often. Unlike the rest of our team though he isn't afraid to take shots at the packed defences we encounter. 

Very true, yesterday's game was crying out loud for low balls to be banged into the area, looking for a ricochet. The Dundee defenders were hoofing the ball everywhere, especially o'dea, who mistimed quite a few, all from high crosses. A low, hard drive can be like a bagatelle table with so many legs in the area.

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

A regular topic on here.

This week it's Forrester who should start every game.

Last week it was MoH.

One or two good game does not a season make.........what we need is on form players fighting for all the team places, yet we can't seem to get consistent performances in any position, and I'm sure this was one of Mr Warburton's basics......

Nail on head !:sherlock:

6 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

He's the only player we're got that seems capable of making an impact. Should 100% start.

Was going to wait until the Partick thread was started but in my opinion he's got to start ahead of Miller the next game. I respect Miller massively but he looked ponderous on the ball, almost as if he knows too much about the game now to make the right choice, the opposite of Windass for instance who goes for it every chance he gets. Harry wants the ball and twice had a dig from distance (as did Holt) which is what we need - get a shot on target in, less faffing around the edges of the box.

While we're here, I would love to see Rossiter give Halliday a break in DM and Danny Wilson get a start over Rob Kiernan to give him a chance. Partick is the perfect game to give these guys their chance, even though I know we can't play Rossiter. But as soon as he's fit, AH looks like he needs a break. I think he's played every game so far this term. We should maybe put LH in for Jimmy Tav as well, again because Tav's played a lot so far this year.

11 hours ago, delamonty said:

Haven't kept track of the different players week in and out.  But to be consistent.. surely you run a run in the team -- even (especially) if you make a mistake. We need a settled 11 and surley MW knows who that is now?

A settled 11 is something MW doesn't do.

I'm sure he said he plays who looks best in training from the squad.