Your 5 Personal Favourite Rangers Legends.

tannerall

As much as I love these questions I also hate them, to pick only 5 is so harsh on many.

My 5 are based on ability and the longevity of their Rangers careers.

1.Grieg

2.Jardine

3.Gough

4.Cooper

5.McCoist

That is based on playing ability only but guys like wee doddie, Colin Jackson an big jaws get overlooked but each were all true Rangers legends.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it hard, at first, thinking of 5 of my favourite players of all time. Then found it difficult to leave certain players out.

After careful consideration, not in any order, my five are-: 1) John Greig, 2) Sandy Jardine, 3) Davie Cooper, 4) Barry Ferguson, 5) Brian Laudrup.

I could add Gazza, Derek Johnstone, Jim Baxter, Super Ally, (would've been in my top five, but he's taken a dive, in my estimations, recently) Andy Goram, Albertz, Richard Gough, Terry Butcher, etc. etc. etc.

I've had fun thinking about my top five, but feel terrible for leaving some people out, never mind not even mentioning some at all.

Thinking about all the great players I've seen, at this great club of ours, I feel lucky, and privileged, to have seen them playing in the blue of Rangers. I only hope that my grandchildren get the chance as well..

Sticking to who I've seen and starting in the order I watched them

Stein

D. Johnstone

Cooper

A. MacDonald

Souness

Not saying these were better players, but as a younger boy , they were legends to me . I almost felt I grew up with them.

Laudrup

Gazza

Albertz

Baxter

Goram

McCoist would've made that list 4 year ago, and honourable mentions to players like de boer, numan, amo, mols who I idolised as well

Never saw Baxter live but had to include him based on what I've seen and the character he was

Ally McCoist

Stuart munro

sandy Jardine

davie Cooper

Chris woods

Hard to choose from leaving out gazza and likes of Jackson and Dj but those guys chosen gave me some great memories since I started going to the games as a boy in 1981

Gazza - Best English player ever.

Laudrup - Best ever foreigner to play in Britain, why was he so good?

Willie Henderson - My favourite as a kid.

Goram - Has there ever been a better goalkeeper?

Slim Jim - Arrogance with huge ability, what a combination.

:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:

In terms of skill, excitement and memories.

Laudrup

Gazza

Albertz

Hateley

Goram

If McCoist hadn't fucked up my opinion of him he'd have been in there before either Albertz or Hateley.