Falkirk Stating Rangers Fans Will Steal Their Flags Today

Bad Robot

This was stolen from the official thread but I think it needs it's own to try and get the issue addressed by bears.

If you jump to the last paragraph but basically Falkirk are warning their fans that we might try and steal their flags. This to me is nothing more than slander and the prick who wrote it needs taken to task and the info removed from their website with an apology.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/no-let-up-from-bairns-rangers-v-falkirk-match-preview/

NO LET-UP FROM BAIRNS RANGERS V FALKIRK MATCH PREVIEW

The Bairns return to the bread n butter of Championship football on Saturday when they line up against Rangers at Ibrox.

With two to play, confidence is high in Peter Houstons squad following the Cup semi-final against Hibernian and the Falkirk boss was in no mood to concede that the chance of a league play-off position had gone. Yes, realistically, Queens are in the driving seat, but nothing in football is ever certain until the points are tied up in a game.

They still have a wee bit of work to do, so we must ensure that if something does goes wrong, we are in a position to capitalise.

It will be tough at Ibrox, it always is, but you wont get a better boost ahead of a game than our Hampden experience. The boys will be keen to keep things on a high.

Houstons assessment of the Cup semi was short and simple. At the end of the day, its all about the team who scores the most goals winning the game and we scored the only one.

Its all been well-documented so as far as we are concerned and we will put all that behind us on Saturday for the focus lies on the league for now.

The Head Coach revealed that Kieran Duffie is a big doubt for his side. Kieran is struggling but we have ample cover if need be. Apart from Rory Loy, all the others are fit and raring to go.

The smart money would be on Aaron Muirhead taking on the full-back role if needed and Houston will be lifted by the return of cup-tied pair, John Baird and Mark Kerr.

Rangers report only one absentee Ian Black is serving a suspension.

Referee for tomorrows 3 p.m. kick-off is Euan Anderson.

Falkirk fans should note that tickets will NOT be available at Ibrox on the day of the game but they may purchase them from the Falkirk Shop from 10 a.m till midday on Saturday morning.

For this fixture, Falkirk supporters coaches and car parking will be in Broomloan Road. Entry to the Stadium will be by ticket only at turnstiles T76 Adults £19, Concessions £14 (Under-16 £5)

Supporters should expect that targeted searches will take place and any bags and flags will be checked. Rangers Football Club are advising Falkirk supporters that they should be aware of a small number of home fans who may attempt to steal flags but Police Scotland will be in attendance.

We're up to our knees in Falkirk flags :lol:

They actually quote us as saying it and really we need to know what was actually said by us and by whom.

It was me that posted it on the match thread last night. My other half is a Falkirk supporter and season ticket holder and it was him that showed me the article on their website. He thinks it's someone at Falkirk shit-stirring like the pa guy a couple of years ago but I'm not so sure. They're leaving themselves open to legal action if we haven't actually said this. I can't for the life of me understand why any of us would want to steal one of their flags or why our club would say this though. I agree that we need to find out where this came from.