A view from Division Three (if this is okay)

I am neither Gers or Celtic - I am a lifelong supporter for many decades of The Mighty Shire. East Stirlingshire FC who I think hold the record for being bottom of Division Three on very many successive seasons.

I have never imagined in my life coming on to a Gers board but as things stand you have been parachuted into our division and therefore I have been reading it and I'd like to make a few comments if that is also okay. Which is my reason for signing up to do so.

My club, founded 1881, nearly went out of existence last season after being financially rogered by charlatans (if that sounds familiar, please post about it). We lost our ground (Firs Park) and now share Ochilview with Stenhousemuir. We hope one day to have our own ground again but it's not very likely.

Our players are part time (aside from any loanees from pro clubs above). We play in Black and White and our average home attendance is below 300 although I would argue that they are very, very committed supporters. Just not enough of them.

We are supporter run - the Supporters Trust have the majority shareholding in our little club - and I would like to think that your supporters will get a warm and troublefree welcome. You may find some of the facilities a little spartan here and there which is not to mention some synthetic pitches.

We have the lowest season ticket in the SFL - £120 a year and no idea what you lot are paying.

We are a club which has been lucky to survive but which I am immensely proud to support.

There is a thread, I see, on your board about how many times you will go into double figures. I am completely unqualified to say about that but should it occur v East Stirlingshire FC it would not for a moment dent my support for The Mighty Shire.

I note that on the header of this forum you state "we don't do walking away".

Neither do we do that at The Mighty Shire even if you do run up double figures.

I am looking forward to our season and that includes playing the mighty Gers. Welcome aboard!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome mate (tu) the thread in question was either somebody who clearly doesnt understand SFL football or a celtic fan on a wind up, either way it is not representative of the Rangers support. Look forward to our games against you and hope for some entertaining football without the usual suspects in the SPL trying to mess things up.

Plenty of post and threads on here are by tarriers. Division 3 and a 'new club' if you ask them but they're still obsessed with us, extremely creepy.

Shame to hear about your ground, hopefully you get it back one day.

We actually have a East Stirling youth player on here. :pipe:

Welcome .unbiased and independant views are welcome ,they might not be agreed with but some of us are happy to hear them .we look forward to playing in the 3rd division ( look forward to playing bloody anywhere at the moment ) .I also hope most ( there is exceptions ) of the lower division teams get a bit of financial respite ( from our presence ) from what is hopefully a quick journey back to the top .

Fair play to you mate.

That about the stadium is fucking shite :anguish:

Hopefully with any cash injections you receive through Rangers, can go towards your own stadium again.

That thread about double figures was a load of pish, we will be respecting every team we play (tu).

Good to hear it from your side too mate, cheers.

Nice to hear we get a welcome from someone! Your post is excellent and its nice to hear that you support your team regardless of anything else, the last few months has been a test for our fan base so we know where you are coming from.

You mention the thread about high scoring games, the last time I looked at the poll the results showed that most of us dont really expect that many games to be high scores! To be fair we all expect to be climbing the leagues over the next few seasons, but thats not to say we expect you guys to make it easy for us.

I do hope that your club can benefit from the size of our visiting support and it helps in some way get you back to having your own ground.

Many years ago I was in Tenerife with an East Stirlingshire supporter (Jim from Kincardine, helluva darts player btw), we spent many a pished evening singing " we're black we're white and we are absolutely shite, east stirling east stirling" Christ getting a hangover just thinking about it..

Maybe see Jim when we visit Ochilview Park..

Thanks for posting,

Welcome to the forum...hope you dont leave now that youve posted what you wanted to.

Its good to hear from a genuine fan...thats what football is all about.

Best of luck for the Mighty Shire during most of next season (I'm sure you know what I mean) (tu)

Welcome!

Tha thread was started by someone delsional hah and if you look at the results of the poll you'll see that we're not all like that.

Hope we can benefit our club financially next season and i look forward to playing you.

Hope you enjoy your trip to ibrox in a few weeks

But not too much more than the 6-0 last time :clap:

This is completely uncharted waters for Rangers supporters and unprecedented in our history. You guys from the SFL will be playing a massive part in that over the next few years. I hope you all benefit from it. Me? I'm looking forward to working our way back up. It's never happened in my lifetime and it never will again. :21:

Welcome aboard (tu)

The SPL have been milking us for years and jeopardised the future of their own clubs in the name of sporting integrity(if you believe that shite).

I hope that the money you and fellow SFL 3 teams get this season can keep your clubs going for many years to come. I hope you enjoy your trip to Ibrox, but not too much :D

It's great to hear from an opposition supporter who can come on here without pretending he's something else - well done for that mate.

It will be a brand new experience for a lot of us to go to the grounds in the SFL3 and I'd like to think it will be mutually beneficial.

It will be good for us because we are away from the corrupt incompetent SPL with the chance to move through the SFL divisions (hopefully year on year)building our team as we progress, and good for the SFL3 Clubs who will hopefully see a big increase in their revenues as well as greater exposure through the Television coverage.

Good luck to your team next season (except against Rangers of course).