Next season in the championship/first division

Muirheadbear

With Flats of Midlothian getting pumped on a regular basis and maybe Dunfermline coming up with us at the end of this season it looks as if the first division could be a very interesting league next year. Add clubs like Dundee, Falkirk, Morton and of course our dear friends Raith it definitely throws up some tasty fixtures.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu)

Not winning it would be completely and totally unacceptable, I would be calling for Allys head myself if that happened :lol:

Not cruising it is still unacceptable

Although there will be a huge step up in class granted but we should still storm it not just win it

Dunfermline will be done before the season's out, hopefully flats are relegated so we pump them 4 times with a boycott twice at their soon to be tesco/flats, Morton will be relegated so no chance of meeting them, really want to hammer Raith 4 times to stick it right up that wee bastard Turnbull Hutton starting in the Ramsden's cup final!.

Not cruising it is still unacceptable

Although there will be a huge step up in class granted but we should still storm it not just win it

I don't expect it to be anywhere near as easy as this season has been mate. we will be up against a league of full time players, this will be a real test of what Ally has in his locker TBH.

I'd like us to piss it, but 10-15 points max is all the lead I think we will have overall.

I don't expect it to be anywhere near as easy as this season has been mate. we will be up against a league of full time players, this will be a real test of what Ally has in his locker TBH.

I'd like us to piss it, but 10-15 points max is all the lead I think we will have overall.

10-15 points is still cruising it IMO and sounds about right

That's what I expect and won't settle for less and that's with this squad and our resources and not taking into account any money McCoist gets to spend too - if he does get any

I think if we don't win by at least 10, the board might start asking questions of Ally.

If he can't win with a 10 point lead in the 1st division ( championship :lol:) then he will probably struggle in the SPL.

Lets see how we do once we get their, Im in a fairly confident mood, we have two transfer windows between now and kicking off the Championship, the team that starts might be different from the one that kicks off tomorrow night, if we go through this season undefeated just think of the interest in next year, man ah canny wait.

Dunfermline will be done before the season's out, hopefully flats are relegated so we pump them 4 times with a boycott twice at their soon to be tesco/flats, Morton will be relegated so no chance of meeting them, really want to hammer Raith 4 times to stick it right up that wee bastard Turnbull Hutton starting in the Ramsden's cup final!.

Geez fucken peace about boycotts eh.

The away end will be packed twice and fucken bouncing.

Should be fun. Hopefully get even bigger home crowds for us too. I can see more people buying season tickets due to the step up in competition. The boardroom shite should be over by then too. I can understand why that has put some off. Oh, and we will be rid of the "playing against plumbers and painters" patter forever. Should win the division with a month to spare.

Not wanting to wish my life away, but I can't wait. A season of football that builds towards the "big time" the closer we get, the more Scottish Football will lose their minds and it's going to be hilarious to watch.

Let's get this season wrapped up first, then we can think about the championship.

I would say the Championship next season will be the best league in Scotland. It will have more pull and by the looks of it things happen as we expect wooo it will certainly take the spotlight away from the so called top league lol. As for Morton they will survive just by the skin of their teeth they always do, possibility having to make a playoff, who care it the home of the under 18s septic team.

Hearts could be challengers next season, they will be relegated but by then they should have been bought out by the fans group and i don't think they'll have an embargo in place. I'm sure a few of the owners will pump some cash in for wages of free transfers.

we should still walk it though.