Golf

kplfishtank

Looking very likely this weekends WGC is shaping up to be a cracking contest with Fleetwood, Poulter and Thomas tied at - 11 with notable others like Day and Rory sitting just a few shots back.

The Barracuda also is tight at the top with the Stableford format being in play again at this one which actively encourages players to play more aggressively as birdies and eagles are rewarded more generously under this point scoring system.

I've got bets on a few who're near the top especially in the Barracuda so hoping they continue on with their good form that they've shown thus far.

68 4bbb the 2 we were playing with had a 65 no idea what kind of score usually wins that I would think lower. I was level par the last 5 holes but the ones before that I was no existent. My putting wasn’t great but was hitting them where I wanted them to go so maybe it was the reading. Course open tomorrow then a mad rush to watch the game. 

Looks as if Justin Thomas has only to lose the WGC albeit as we all know golf is a very liquid sport where the leader can change at an instant but he is top notch and its his to lose.

In the other Barracuda the in form young man Andrew Putnam holds a slender lead going into the final round. A win for him would be very deserved as he is a top talent in golf and has shown recent good form that would merit a tour win for this very good talented golfer pro.

10 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

68 4bbb the 2 we were playing with had a 65 no idea what kind of score usually wins that I would think lower. I was level par the last 5 holes but the ones before that I was no existent. My putting wasn’t great but was hitting them where I wanted them to go so maybe it was the reading. Course open tomorrow then a mad rush to watch the game. 

I’m playing at 8am so will be finished around 11.30, hame, shower, couch for 1pm ?

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I had a good drink last night and had to get a taxi to the golf club this morning - and then shot my best score of the year. I'm going to do this more often.

Drink, taxi or score good?

Yea I get it and find being relaxed on the 1st is a great start. Couple of rolls "n square, chat in the queue and a nice easy slice.

Well done to Justin Thomas who won the WGC as expected really given the size of the lead he carried forward going into the final round albeit he still had to see the round out through to victory which he did without breaking too much sweat as the others around him failed to galvanise a serious threat to him.

I was really delighted to see Andrew Puttnam pick up his first tour win at the Barracuda as he has been in very good form of late and seems such a decent young man and a cracking golfer to boot who deservedly went on to win this one. 

Roll on next weeks PGA that's certain to be a very tough one to call!

PGA Championship on Thursday not even on TV fs. 

Stuck a few quid on some I like at a price for interest but had a rotten year on the golf. Backed Henley, Kodaira, Mickelson, Na and Woodland. DJ could very well rip Bellerive apart. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Why is the PGA not on the TV?

Skys 10 year deal ran out last year I think and was not renewed. At the last minute BBC got the rights for the 2017 event however their coverage was poor, limited and a lot of it was primarily available via the red button as it was on the same time as the Athletics.

PGA of America now experimenting with the online streaming route. You can watch the 2018 PGA Championship but it's only available on tv if you're in USA (CBS & TNT). However Eleven Sports will be showing the 4 rounds online through their website/app as well as the first couple of rounds on their Facebook page. Some coverage will also be on the official PGA Championship website.

If I've read it correctly I think you may be able to watch for free online with Eleven Sports.

Think Eleven Sports might also have Serie A and La Liga rights this season too.

6 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Skys 10 year deal ran out last year I think and was not renewed. At the last minute BBC got the rights for the 2017 event however their coverage was poor, limited and a lot of it was primarily available via the red button as it was on the same time as the Athletics.

PGA of America now experimenting with the online streaming route. You can watch the 2018 PGA Championship but it's only available on tv if you're in USA (CBS & TNT). However Eleven Sports will be showing the 4 rounds online through their website/app as well as the first couple of rounds on their Facebook page. Some coverage will also be on the official PGA Championship website.

If I've read it correctly I think you may be able to watch for free online with Eleven Sports.

Think Eleven Sports might also have Serie A and La Liga rights this season too.

Yeah read into it.

You need to subscribe to get the free trial. So enter all details + card number - then cancel.

Competition is supposed to give the consumer a better deal, all these TV deals mean it costs a fortune to be able to watch everything you used to be able to.

PGA Championship the final major of the year on this week. Wide open this one and it'd be no surprise to see any one of around 30 win it.

Tommy Fleetwood has been in decent form of late and will have as good a chance as any if hitting top form, however, its almost a lottery as golf is so very competitive just now which is great for the game with any number of players able to compete at the top end of the board if performing at their optimum.

Good luck with any wagers!