Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

Groves couldn't get around Smith's reach advantage...Smith looked very impressive. Groves always looks abit ragged at times, thought he might start to take over in the later rounds but it was a great left hook by Smith then barrage of punches to finish it. Not sure where Groves goes from here, retiring would prob be the sensible move guess it depends on his motivation to keep going.

If you enjoy a bit of cringe...

Absolutely horrendous press conference. 

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

Without watching...is this there wrestling type smack talk ?

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

It's a gigantic cringe. I hate Tyson Fury.

13 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That tweet is spot on

• Like 4

Everyone knows 99% of beef in boxing is fake ffs:lol: people that believe otherwise spend there time locked away playing with there wrestling dolls

On 03/10/2018 at 11:06, psb07158 said:

That tweet is spot on

Pishing myself at #bum squad 

Alvarez vs Rocky Fielding, Dec 2nd.

Fucking hell. :lol: 

12 hours ago, ben51 said:

Alvarez vs Rocky Fielding, Dec 2nd.

Fucking hell. :lol: 

Fucking hell indeed :lol: 

I see the WBC have ordered the winner of Wilder v Fury to fight AJ! Going to get very interesting in the heavyweight division over the next 6 months or so and looks like we’re finally going to get an undisputed heavyweight world champion!

I have a feeling fury will beat wilder. IMO wilder is an accident waiting to happen.

I think Wilder knocks Fury out first 4 rounds.

It's an interesting one. Wilder is not very good technically speaking IMO. He's just so erratic and wild throwing haymakers all over the shop. But one thing that's for sure is that Wilder can bang. If he gets you clean then forget about it.

Fury on the other hand is technically sound and is incredibly evasive. He takes pride in not getting hit. But Fury for his size isn't particularly powerful though. He doesn't hit like a Wilder or an AJ.

It really could go either way but I just think Wilder will catch him at some point and get the KO. If it's a 12 round boxing match though and Fury somehow avoids getting hit, Fury wins on points pretty comfortably IMO.

• Like 2

Not really in to boxing but enjoy the big fights and particularly enjoy Fury. Don't necessarily agree with everything he says but comes across as a genuine guy and very likeable. 

Just watched the BT showdown interview with Wilder and thought he won it by a mile. Wilder started shouting and balling during it and lost control. Fury was funny as fuck at times too. 

From what I seen Wilder will beat him but would love to see Tyson win it.

8 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Is this all because of the drugs test? I thought that was all sorted and he was cleared?

4 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

Is this all because of the drugs test? I thought that was all sorted and he was cleared?

What he got popped for was only legal in UK, not everywhere else. I assume because the fight was in the US, they have denied him the license because it's banned in the US.

Was just reading he used something that is banned by VADA but not by WADA if you are out of competition. For some reason the Massachusetts board, who normally abide by WADA rules, have gone with VADA and refused the licence.

Something again not quite right in boxing.