Blue Knights have won

The sun says it's not a done deal yet.

THE Blue Knights face an agonising wait to learn if they are to be handed the keys to Ibrox.

The consortium led by Paul Murray spent the weekend closing in on a sensational Rangers rescue package.

But SunSport understands talks with administrators Duff & Phelps will continue today and possibly even into tomorrow.

Bean counter Paul Clark made today the deadline for final offers to be tabled or Gers face liquidation.

But it's believed Murray — and rival US-based bidder Bill Miller — want guarantees from the SFA and SPL before finalising their deals.

They fear sporting sanctions against Rangers if the club isn't officially taken out of administration before the start of the season.

Clark has been unable to ease those worries therefore he will allow further discussions to take place over the next 24 hours.

Former Ibrox director Murray is still believed to be the frontrunner after a weekend of frantic behind-the-scenes conference calls. Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy has been working alongside Murray, but it's understood he is now not part of his team.

US-based businessman Miller is the only other interested party.

His plan is to essentially liquidate the 140-year-old Ibrox outfit — which Gers fans are dead set AGAINST.

The Knights want to go down the CVA route with creditors and hope to pay the £500,000 deposit in the next 24 hours which would see their bid rubber-stamped.

They would then have two weeks of exclusivity to study Gers' books in fine detail and go through a process of due diligence.

Crucially, Murray plans to open talks with the Ibrox stars who have accepted massive 75 per cent wage-cuts. He hopes they will agree to rip up those deals which can see them quit Gers for vastly reduced fees in the summer.

That's his priority as he fears seeing the current squad dismantled for a fraction of what it's actually worth.

Murray would also need to sit down with discredited owner Craig Whyte in the hope of securing his 85 per cent shareholding.

Cash-strapped Gers would still face an uncertain future amid crippling debts and a battle with HMRC over unpaid taxes.

But naming a preferred bidder would be a huge step forward with lifelong supporter Murray and his backers desperate to guide Gers back from the brink.

The Knights spent Saturday and Sunday locked in discussions with London-based administrator Clark.

But back on Friday April 13 they were told they were ahead of rival bids — on the proviso they paid the £500,000 deposit.

They were left stunned when they learned major creditor Ticketus were no longer in their camp.

Murray had a deal in place which would see the firm pay the £500,000 deposit to Duff & Phelps.

But Ticketus moved the goal posts at the last minute by revealing they were in talks with Singapore businessman Bill Ng.

It was only after his bid faltered late last week that Murray moved to strike a new deal with Ticketus. But further talks are required before a deal can finally be struck.

Good to hear this has been doing the text rounds in terms of reliable info someone had heard :sherlock:

I am still cautious but if this is all do-able, then I am for it. I may not be totally enamoured by the BK's but they are a better prospect than liquidation and a newco which would be a disgraceful outcome on so many levels.

I just think we can't afford to give the keys to the kingdom to another calamitous figure like whyte so it's beter with a safety first option like TBK.

Who knows Ng or Miller may have been the best thing that ever happened to us but I don't think we can take the risk of another charalatan running the club when we are at such a low ebb

Like SDM or CW ? I'm done with one man owning OUR club. I will not invest one penny if we the fans are not represented on the board.

One man won't be the owner unless one man buys up every share or at least most of them. The Blue Knights is a consortium of at least 4 people. There may be more in the background. They are all fans as well or do you have something against fans with more money than you? It's all very well demanding fan representation on the board but who would decide who the reps would be?

One man won't be the owner unless one man buys up every share or at least most of them. The Blue Knights is a consortium of at least 4 people. There may be more in the background. They are all fans as well or do you have something against fans with more money than you? It's all very well demanding fan representation on the board but who would decide who the reps would be?

Mark Dingwall.

The ideal is to have fans who are businessmen on the board who want the club to succeed to protect their investment. This is why Yeltsin gave so many of the Russian national assetts to individuals because they would fight to protect them and in so doing make capitalism work

Don't trust TBK at all, don't think they have the funds. And Murray missed his chance IMO.

But, if this is true, they have my full backing and heres hoping they do whats best for The Rangers.

WATP.

The ideal is to have fans who are businessmen on the board who want the club to succeed to protect their investment. This is why Yeltsin gave so many of the Russian national assetts to individuals because they would fight to protect them and in so doing make capitalism work

Yeltsin was a drunk who didn't know what was going on as a mafia carved up assets for the benefit of their country self-interest.

He was also a murderous bastard - "Between 1992 and 1994, the rise in the death rate in Russia was so dramatic that Western demographers did not believe the figures. Western and Russian demographers now agree that between 1992 and 2000, the number of “surplus deaths” in Russia–deaths that cannot be explained on the basis of previous trends–was between five and six million persons."

Nice example - if you're intent on talking shite.

I want us saved by CVA but whoever gets us I want more detail and plans-hate being left in the dark-there have been various postings of the bids but whoever does achieve ownership they should realise with no fans onside you are not doing yourself s any favours-clear and concise terms of your plans are for me key!

Yeltsin was a drunk who didn't know what was going on as a mafia carved up assets for the benefit of their country self-interest.

He was also a murderous bastard - "Between 1992 and 1994, the rise in the death rate in Russia was so dramatic that Western demographers did not believe the figures. Western and Russian demographers now agree that between 1992 and 2000, the number of “surplus deaths” in Russia–deaths that cannot be explained on the basis of previous trends–was between five and six million persons."

Nice example - if you're intent on talking shite.

I agree with most of that but the bottom line is if a few smart individuals hadn't had a position to defend the country could easily have went back to communism.

I agree with most of that but the bottom line is if a few smart individuals hadn't had a position to defend the country could easily have went back to communism.

Yeltsin sold the assets to anyone with ready capital and usually people with close links to his family ... I believe his daughter or grand daughter was close to Roman Abramovich's ex-wife. The fact is, the IMF and the World Bank made aid to Russia conditional, with the condition being that the "towering heights" of the Russian economy be privatised. And privatised quickly. Thus, if you could get access to capital, you had a chance to get the crown jewels of the Russian economy at a knockdown price. Vladimir Putin has since spent much of his time trying to get them back, by fair means or foul. Khordokovsky ended up in the Siberian prison camp. Abramovich sold Sibneft to the state-controlled Gazprom. Other oligarchs are in exile, or tow the Putin line.

so...you have done nothing but post on the internet, whilst others are doing all they can to save our club

this forum, albeit, some of the posts, are a joke

do some of you not know that we are potenially fucked

what have you done(personally) to ensure that our club will survive?

mmmmmmm......ZERO

some amount of spackers on here