Blue Knights have won

Administrators Duff & Phelps had set today as a deadline for naming either Paul Murray's Blue Knights or American businessman Bill Miller as their preferred choice to address the club's massive debts and take it out of owner Craig Whyte's hands.

But ongoing obstacles apply to both deals and neither of the bidders were ready to commit to an unconditional offer without receiving clarification from, among others, the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Premier League.

There was speculation last night that a deal had essentially been done to name The Blue Knights as the preferred bidder today but that was unfounded.

Former Rangers director Mr Murray will have further talks with the administrators and the Blue Knights also want to hear more from the SFA and SPL on exactly what punishments Rangers can expect to face next season and beyond as a result of their insolvency.

The Blue Knights are also still attempting to agree a partnership with the London ticket agency Ticketus, which is owed £27 million by Rangers for future season-ticket sales. Being able to finance a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) will be far easier for The Blue Knights if the debt to Ticketus is removed from the creditors' pot.

Mr Miller's plan essentially involves Rangers being liquidated and reborn as a "newco". It is still unclear whether he will firm up his existing £11.2m conditional offer for Rangers – which is not acceptable to Duff & Phelps as things stand – with an unconditional bid.

The American businessman wants guarantees from the SFA and SPL that they may be unable to give. If he decides to back away there would be more breathing space for The Blue Knights to agree terms.

One source close to the discussions told The Herald: "There are real and pressing issues for the bidders and it is frustrating for everyone.

"There are a lot of parties involved in this part of the process. Everyone wants to reach the stage where they can be comfortable moving forward, whichever bidder is chosen."

Mr Murray and other Rangers-supporting businessmen in the Blue Knights held final rounds of discussions last night on the terms of their full takeover plan. They had been led to believe their £10m package would be welcomed by Duff & Phelps, but they were not in a position to submit the offer.

Further meetings will now be set up between The Blue Knights and the SFA and SPL.

The SFA has still to announce the outcome of a judicial panel's deliberations on seven charges against Whyte and the club as a whole, while the SPL may vote on April 30 to immediately introduce tough new penalties for clubs which go into administration or are liquidated and attempt to re-enter the league as a "newco".

As for Mr Miller, he said on Friday that any offer he made would be conditional on the SFA and SPL giving Rangers written guarantees that the club would face no further punishments – such as points deductions or reduced broadcasting income – if they re-merged as a newco.

He said he was making details of his £11.2m offer public but would put it on hold until today and called on other bidders to "put up or shut up".

I thought TBK had put their bid in and it just needed the nod from the admins.

Now it seems it was not so unconditional as we were led to believe.

Both the Herald and minis mouthpiece, the DR, are saying this is far from over.

It looks like TBK's bid may be unravelling. So will Miller put his bid in today as he said ?

If it was a bluff, we'll soon find out.

Former Rangers director Mr Murray will have further talks with the administrators and the Blue Knights also want to hear more from the SFA and SPL on exactly what punishments Rangers can expect to face next season and beyond as a result of their insolvency.

I do not understand this part if TBK have no intention of liquidating us. :disappointment:

Re Bears r Us #504

Agree, all the guys that have been behind mini from the off, slagged off the other bidders for saying this and gave the administrators pelters for saying that they would have to inform the bidders of these new developments.

Could it be he still even at this stage not got all the money signed off and is this delaying tactics or is he looking at a newco also now.

Strange indeed003.gif

Re Bears r Us #504

Agree, all the guys that have been behind mini from the off, slagged off the other bidders for saying this and gave the administrators pelters for saying that they would have to inform the bidders of these new developments.

Could it be he still even at this stage not got all the money signed off and is this delaying tactics or is he looking at a newco also now.

Strange indeed003.gif

Glad you find it strange as well ED, I thought it was just me. I have never been a fan of TBK, but when this thread started yesterday I was happy in the fact that we would get out with a CVA, now it seems that might not be the case. F**k knows who to believe.

Can't quite believe it looks like Whyte might get away with his fraud but it was by far the quickest and easiest way to do things in the view of those working the deal and the admin.

I must admit I have always suspect that was the bitter pill we would have to swallow for a CVA - thats why I liked the Bill Miller approach - but sometimes you have to swallow a bitter pill to recover - time will tell as the Admisistrators still have to do do a directors report no matter what and I suspect they will go after Whyte and his conduct as part of that report.

Glad you find it strange as well ED, I thought it was just me. I have never been a fan of TBK, but when this thread started yesterday I was happy in the fact that we would get out with a CVA, now it seems that might not be the case. F**k knows who to believe.

I mean we even had md saying it was on and just putting pen to paper................that is one of the hardest things to get done in business.....signatures on a deal.

The cva......still want to know how much they would put into pot..Miller said £11.2m. And if mini did have money for cva, well we would still come out(maybe) with a debt of £10m to ticketus and no idea what security is on this interest free loan.

Maybe Guinness Book of records could be there when mini takes us out with a cva yet still in debt003.gif Before anyone gets the hump was sheer banter.smile.gif

so...you have done nothing but post on the internet, whilst others are doing all they can to save our club

this forum, albeit, some of the posts, are a joke

do some of you not know that we are potenially fucked

what have you done(personally) to ensure that our club will survive?

mmmmmmm......ZERO

some amount of spackers on here

Aye hes done loads.

Like buy a season ticket? Oh wait....

Like buy even a ticket? Oh wait....

Oh infact, hes sells his wee fanzine to make a quick bob.

Actually, yer right. He held a function and gave the profits to our clu....oh wait, he gave it to some fuckibg charity in Gabon or something when our club is dieing.

Wonder what hes done with the cash from all his TV appearances.

They're checking what penalties we would have if we started next season still in administration, not if we liquidated

I mean we even had md saying it was on and just putting pen to paper................that is one of the hardest things to get done in business.....signatures on a deal.

The cva......still want to know how much they would put into pot..Miller said £11.2m. And if mini did have money for cva, well we would still come out(maybe) with a debt of £10m to ticketus and no idea what security is on this interest free loan.

Maybe Guinness Book of records could be there when mini takes us out with a cva yet still in debt003.gif Before anyone gets the hump was sheer banter.smile.gif

Unlike yourself I have no business background, but I have a lot of common sense and the debt part that we would have with Ticketus envolved has been a concern, BUT if TBK can take us out with a CVA then I was/still am willing to take that rather than liquidation and the risk to our history. Lets hope by this afternoon we have some positive news. (tu)

They're checking what penalties we would have if we started next season still in administration, not if we liquidated

I could not care about the penalties for next season, if they are going to save the club then just do it as that is the main object.