Transfers

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

True but at the same time it comes back to the argument people often make about billionaires, actors, singers and what not..how much money do they ultimately need?

Understanding why they do it, doesn’t mean I have to respect them for doing it. People will say oh but you would do the same thing in their situation, and maybe I would, but I would also be considering how rewarding the job would be too, as much as I would factor in how much money I would get. I’m not even sure the money would be a factor if I was playing at that level. It’s not like they are earning £20-£25 an hour. They are already multimillionaires multiple times over.

I think a simple answer to it is , would you rather leave your kids / family 1 mil or 2 , imo that becomes a driving factor in what anyone does whether you make a tenner an hour or 10k an hour 

5 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I think a simple answer to it is , would you rather leave your kids / family 1 mil or 2 , imo that becomes a driving factor in what anyone does whether you make a tenner an hour or 10k an hour 

This.

But also, people tend to spend what they earn, plus a bit more most of the time.

Everyone thinks they wouldn't, if only they were a bit richer...

17 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Brighton have had a £25m bid accepted for Gonzalez of Stuttgart apparently. Yes the guy has talent but his only real form has been in the second division in Germany. He's a year younger than Morelos.

These sort of deals will always make me want a similar fee for the likes of Morelos. 

Off to Fiorentina.

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Apparently Liverpool have a serious interest in John McGinn.

Not even good enough for, or rated by, Aston Villa according to a certain poster on here though. :lol:

I rate him but he's not that level for me

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

50!million fee being touted online too. Even though I rate him that is madness. :lol:

Agreed, although Liverpool's team that won the league and champions league was with a very workmanlike midfield so could see there being some interest