The Official *** Rangers v Elgin City (Sat 5th Jan, 3pm) *** Match thread

govanblue

A_wGmySCcAAJJl6.jpg

Assuming the server survives tomorrow, we might get past 3 pages on this one.

SFL 3 - Saturday 5th January. Kick off 3pm - Not on TV, except Rangers TV for Overseas Bears, and dodgy streams for the rest.

There are still tickets available - mainly in the Club Deck - Online Ticket Sales

Elgin are in 3rd place on 27 points, a point behind Peterhead. They've had 1 win in their last 6 - so should count themselves lucky they're still in contention for a play off place.

Previous results against Rangers have been:

League:

September - Home: 5-1 win

December - Away: 2-6 win

Scottish Cup:

December - Home: 3-0 win

My forecast - the trusty old 3-0 win. Sandaza guaranteed to score!!!

Injury news:

RANGERS will virtually be at full strength as they seek to consolidate their healthy 17-point lead at the top of the Third Division when they face Elgin City tomorrow

And that will pose its own problems for boss Ally McCoist who may be forced to leave out some exciting younger players who have really stepped up to the plate in recent weeks.

Skipper Lee McCulloch has recovered from an ankle injury, Dean Shiels is fit again after a calf problem, Emilson Cribari has recovered from an ankle knock and Lewis Macleod has recovered from a stomach bug.

Kevin Kyle is still sidelined with a knee injury while the bad news about Darren Cole’s impending ankle surgery was revealed earlier today.

If the server goes down again tomorrow, I promise never to start a match thread again ;)

elgin%20programme%20email%20050113.jpg

Hopefully a better performance at home than was served up vs. Clyde on boxing day.

Disappointed that Cole is no longer pushing for the right back position a Agyriou just hasn't looked the part for me so far.

Do we know if McLeod will be for for this one?

Tweeted by RFC_Official:

AMcC - @LewisMacleod_, Dean Shiels and Emilson Cribari are all back in the squad for tomorrow.

I've been looking forward to this game as I wasn't able to see the Anna game.

Is there any early team news? Will Cribari be back? Any news on Jig, Argyriou, Macleod, Shiels and Kyle?

Big Fran must be due a bit of luck soon, he has been looking better since he came back from injury. One goal might be all he needs to set him off on a goal scoring run.

I hope we can keep it tight at the back too. My preference would be for Temps and McKay to be on the wings, but we'll probably put Little out right. I'd rather he was up front.

I've been looking forward to this game as I wasn't able to see the Anna game.

Is there any early team news? Will Cribari be back? Any news on Jig, Argyriou, Macleod, Shiels and Kyle?

Big Fran must be due a bit of luck soon, he has been looking better since he came back from injury. One goal might be all he needs to set him off on a goal scoring run.

I hope we can keep it tight at the back too. My preference would be for Temps and McKay to be on the wings, but we'll probably put Little out right. I'd rather he was up front.

THIS (tu)

Alexander

Argyriou Hegarty Cribari Wallace

McKay MacLeod Hutton Templeton

McCulloch Little

That looks ok, but Perry was at the press conference, so it looks like he might be starting, and there's been no mention of Jig having recovered, so I'm assuming he hasn't :(

Also, I think Shiels will start too.