Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

You...didn't lol

You think a couple of 'quality' additions and we will be challenging for a title ??

Of the current squad the only ones good enough are:

Bell

Wallace

Macleod

Templeton

Possibly

Gallagher

Aird

Law

Inspiring stuff!!

For me Wallace is the only certainty.

Templeton clearly has the talent but is injury prone and doesn't seem to be very consistent.

Bell is a decent keeper no doubt that but I just feel he's a level or 2 below the top keepers we've been used to.

Macleod has looked a stand out at 3rd division level but I'm not sure that equates to being a centre mid at the best team in the country playing in the top division and in Europe. Obviously still developing as a player but I've got some concerns about the damage done by being out for so much of last season.

That's a bit worrying for me, one player, or even four players in our current squad good enough for first 11 in an SPL winning side.

For me Wallace is the only certainty.

Templeton clearly has the talent but is injury prone and doesn't seem to be very consistent.

Bell is a decent keeper no doubt that but I just feel he's a level or 2 below the top keepers we've been used to.

Macleod has looked a stand out at 3rd division level but I'm not sure that equates to being a centre mid at the best team in the country playing in the top division and in Europe. Obviously still developing as a player but I've got some concerns about the damage done by being out for so much of last season.

That's a bit worrying for me, one player, or even four players in our current squad good enough for first 11 in an SPL winning side.

Will be a test for him! I think the one thing that has worked in his favour is the treatment he has had from the management team. Unlike guys like Aird (who up until recently) had short spells in the team then was dropped for long spells and Mckay who was in and out of the team, we stuck by Macleod for a good 20 or so games was it not? Even when he wasn't playing particularly well we kept him in the team. I look at the guys that came through at Hamilton, Mcarthur and the rhat one, they got a good 100 or so games in the first team and whilst I never particularly rated them, you can't argue the level they are playing at now with relative comfort.

Mon tae fuck get the deal done its been 3days of nothing.. Yet since yesterday its been reported the deal is done. What's happening aye or naw ffs

According to Sky sports.there hasnt even been an offer yet settle down it will happen in time if it is supposed to happen relax

According to Sky sports.there hasnt even been an offer yet settle down it will happen in time if it is supposed to happen relax

that's part of the issue no cunt knows jack shit. Yet talks have been on going since Boyd came back from holiday on Saturday

Aye that could make sense, however the Express is reporting it like this...."Boyd had been offered a 2 year deal but told McCoist he was even prepared to take a year to return to his boyhood heroes"

It says he's agreed to sign and Ally has left Wallace to sort out the financial side of things, maybe that's why it not a 100% done deal.

I know mate, really depends on the whatever newspaper and how that particular newspaper might want to spin it without actual facts either way. :)