Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Or a lot of what is happening at the club (board, management, structure, players, fans) is actually all over the place, and there isn't really that much to be positive about?

Here was me thinking people could have an opinion.

Here was me thinking I was expressing an OPINION!

It's as of people don't want us to get back in the prem! Boyd and Miller will be arguably the best front two in Scotland, if we went with the strike force of last season we would be lucky to gain promotion. As a rangers fan I want us to be the best we can, and Boyd and Miller have been very good transfers with no transfer fees, who should we have signed for free instead?

This.

Let's be honest we would all have loved to be going into this season with a squad full of youngsters with two years experience, but we blew that chance. I don't think it was as easy to do as people make out but we need to get over it. As you said it's all about being the best we can be.

I'm excited about seeing Boyd and Miller!

we had the chance to start off with young players back in divison 3. someone at our club decided for whatever reason that was not the way they wanted to go.

we're looking for promotion back into OUR league where we belong. it would be a bit stupid to now play young players with not much experience or ability to challenge such teams we will face. we need to hit the ground running.

hopefully miller and boyd can bang in the goals for fun. i was unsure if we'd win the championship. aye, we went the season unbeaten but we struggled to do so and played absolutely shit football to watch against part time teams. i honestly didn't think we'd win the championship with the same players. i think with boyd and miller we'd have a much better chance. hopefully boyd is confirmed soon and we bring in a few more good players to further strengthen the team. also maybe get a rid of a few to bring the wages down a bit.

Simply put it means he has no faith in Nicky Clark or Calum Gallagher. If he did he wouldn't have bought Miller or Boyd.

And i don't see Lewis McLeod getting a central midfield role either.

Depressing but utterly predictable with Mr I'll do what's best for me McCoist.

Simply put it means he has no faith in Nicky Clark or Calum Gallagher. If he did he wouldn't have bought Miller or Boyd.

Agreed

No it is not it is about a mix of youth and good experience and getting us out this fucking league.

No it is not it is about a mix of youth and good experience and getting us out this fucking league.

The evidence suggests otherwise.

McCoist has shown time and time again he wants "experienced" ready made players he doesn't have to coach.

His signings for the lower leagues prove that.

Next season the usual suspects will play week in week out with the youth players paid lip service.

And getting us out the league is the usual short term thinking that got us in to the present financial mess. A thinking and mindset that will require us to start all over again next season should we get promotion.

The evidence suggests otherwise.

McCoist has shown time and time again he wants "experienced" ready made players he doesn't have to coach.

His signings for the lower leagues prove that.

Next season the usual suspects will play week in week out with the youth players paid lip service.

And getting us out the league is the usual short term thinking that got us in to the present financial mess. A thinking and mindset that will require us to start all over again next season should we get promotion.

A thinking and mindset that will ensure that we win our third league title in succession and achieve the aim of returning to the top tier as quickly as possible.

A thinking and mindset that will ensure that we win our third league title in succession and achieve the aim of returning to the top tier as quickly as possible.

Was the outcome ever going to be in doubt??

FFS we are talking about Scottish football here not the English championship. Being a bang average mid table club back in the top flight for a right few years is NOT a sacrifice worth making.

We have learned nothing..sweet FUCK ALL!!

Was the outcome ever going to be in doubt??

FFS we are talking about Scottish football here not the English championship. Being a bang average mid table club back in the top flight for a right few years is NOT a sacrifice worth making.

We have learned nothing..sweet FUCK ALL!!

Yes.

Thanks for the prediction, any idea what the Lottery Numbers are for the weekend?

We've learned how to win, that some of our players are not good enough, that we need to do better in cups, that no matter what happens some Bears will never be happy.

:thumbup:

People need to realise where we are at the moment, even boyd in the spl what's the problem? It's a no brainer he scores goals, goals win games, all this about Clark won't get a look in now that's simply because he isn't good enough... Simple

People need to realise where we are at the moment, even boyd in the spl what's the problem? It's a no brainer he scores goals, goals win games, all this about Clark won't get a look in now that's simply because he isn't good enough... Simple

Agreed Boyd scores goals and lots of them I can't see the problem with his signing.

Rangers could go out and spend £5m on a striker next season who might not even score 10 goals in the SPL. Boyd if fit is worth at least 25 goals a season every season for a lot less money than we paid guys like Salenko or Guivarch.

Is Clark good enough to score 50 goals over the next two seasons? Would very much doubt it myself.