Rangers fans for yes

MisterC

The Yes campaigners are everywhere around these parts.

They have really gone to town lately and are noticeably far more active in getting the undecided on board.

The No campaign have been frankly appalling. Nothing but negativity, and they only seem to make a push when their polls go down.

They should be out talking up what we can do in Scotland as a part of the UK in a positive manner rather than just providing negative rhetoric We have not had one "better together / no thanks" campaigner here. Not one. .

The No campaign have been frankly appalling. Nothing but negativity, and they only seem to make a push when their polls go down.

They should be out talking up what we can do in Scotland as a part of the UK in a positive manner rather than just providing negative rhetoric We have not had one "better together / no thanks" campaigner here. Not one. .

The Yes campaign lately has been full of 'this and that is doomed' if we remain in the UK, they hardly have a room to talk about negative campaigning anymore

The Yes campaign lately has been full of 'this and that is doomed' if we remain in the UK, they hardly have a room to talk about negative campaigning anymore

So what..... My concern is with encouraging people to stay in the UK. This thread (though an obvious fishing expedition) is an absolute car crash. People should be encouraging people to vote No, but all we get is lies and aggressive language. The Yes campaign has played a very good campaign and have a very good chance. If we do not try to change minds in a sensible way then we may lose this thing. All this "your not a Bear if you vote Yes" or "republican scum" kind of rubbish needs left at the door. This is a Yes or No question. I would rather highlight the right reasons to keep the Union rather than pushing people away..........

It actually makes me sick that these guys will be handing these leaflets out. I suppose they are ashamed to see the Union Flag flying over Ibrox. Rangers are a British club, as well as Scottish, and I see these "supporters" in the same light as Septic fans. You say you shouldn't mix sport and politics, but surely Rangers are more than just a club. As far as I am concerned these people handing out the leaflets are NOT Rangers fans, but septic fans pretending to be Rangers fans . If I was there I would take a few of them , get my lighter out, then burn the leaflets in front of their face. Scumbags and traitors. As you can probably tell, I am very passionate about this.

:lol:

So what..... My concern is with encouraging people to stay in the UK. This thread (though an obvious fishing expedition) is an absolute car crash. People should be encouraging people to vote No, but all we get is lies and aggressive language. The Yes campaign has played a very good campaign and have a very good chance. If we do not try to change minds in a sensible way then we may lose this thing. All this "your not a Bear if you vote Yes" or "republican scum" kind of rubbish needs left at the door. This is a Yes or No question. I would rather highlight the right reasons to keep the Union rather than pushing people away..........

not trolling at all here but why are you voting no ? And if someone voting yes could answer the same question.

What the Westminster government has in store when Scotland votes no? You're making it sound like they're going to round us all up and shoot us ffs :lol:

It's already been said more powers are coming the way of the Scottish Parliament.

The United Kingdom's economy is the fastest growing in the Western World. Why the hell would you want to leave that? A growing economy = job opportunities.

You are aware of scotland's top heavy population, meaning taxes will be higher... or pensions and benefits will be lower. Which is it? I'd love to know.

As for the club's British beliefs... we've toasted the Monarch on Ne'er day for many moons. There's pictures of the Queen in the dressing room and the Union Flag flies highest at Ibrox.

But, but , but........If we vote for independence we will be up there with the likes of...... the ROI and the mighty Iceland, what's not to like about that?

Lucky white heather won't help in a crisis.... will it now?

:7325:

I get that mate, i've been trying to help out the No campaign a bit and probably will do some more in the last few weeks even though i'm not a natural political campaigner, if I run into someone who's uncertain i'll always try and give them a positive case for the union.

But I think when someone comes onto a Rangers forum knowing the views of the vast majority of Rangers fans, passionately declaring they're a Yes voter, linking Wings Over Scotland, making taunts about us singing GSTQ and waving the Union flag at games etc, then they really aren't there to be convinced.

The NO campaign has only pointed out the certainties of remaing British as opposed to the uncertainties (of which there are plenty) involved in voting Yes.

I'm doing the right thing to save the Union and at the same time save Scotland from these chancers.

WATP

VOTE NO

I am voting no as I am a proud Protestant, Rangers man , Scotsman and British, why should I let a fat bigot like Salmond, who does not give a fuck about my religion or believes,

If these bigots get independence then how long before we become a Republic?

Vote No just like your forefathers would have.

And why has this country not had a debate with what religion is voting what? As for any Celtic fan catholic I know are voting yes, fuck Scotland they want to break up the union then unite Ireland.

So vote yes and stab your own people in the back.

Protestants vote no.

I am voting no as I am a proud Protestant, Rangers man , Scotsman and British, why should I let a fat bigot like Salmond, who does not give a fuck about my religion or believes.

If these bigots get independence then how long before we become a Republic?

Vote No just like your forefathers would have.

What's the difference between an independent country and a republic?

What's the difference between an independent country and a republic?

I'm not sure why you're asking, cos I'm not following the thread, but Jordan is the first example that springs to mind of a nation that has gained independence (in this case from a British mandate), but is not a republic as it has its own monarchy.

Republic they will get rid of royal family, as it is under a Independent Scotland we will keep the queen, but give it 5 years if that and the Catholics will want her gone.

Any evidence to support that theory? Getting rid of monarchy would be done by referendum and the Royals stll have huge support here.

How many celtic fans, Irish Catholics who hate the royal family stay there, it is the beginning of the end for our queen and her successor.

How would i know? RCs are 16% of scotlands popilation. I see why you have that fear but i suspect those fears are misplaced

How would i know? RCs are 16% of scotlands popilation. I see why you have that fear but i suspect those fears are misplaced

So only rc will vote for it? how about Protestants that support Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd clubs who hate us will vote.

Again how would you know? 5 years they would want a vote just like this one,

Any evidence to support that theory? Getting rid of monarchy would be done by referendum and the Royals stll have huge support here.

Salmond and Sturgeon are both arch republicans. Remember the 79 group and then see where its heading if they manage to engineer a Yes vote.

Only 17% of the Welsh population voted for an Assembly yet they got one. You are naive if you believe a majority opinion always wins.

And Protestants who support our enemy's will not vote for a republic? If you think they will not want a republic then you are wrong.

And let's be honest they have the Labour Party in there pocket and if we become independent we are fucked between them and the snp.