Rangers fans for yes

MisterC

just watching the tv, with Jim Murphy, Margaret Curren, backing no, Don't be fooled by these labour bigots up here, if Scotland became independent, they and the catholic Labour Party will give them whatever they want.

people need to wise up ffs, just look at GCC and the commonwealth games, the labour leader Joanne Lammont's hubby Archie Graham no 2 councillor in Glasgow and rabid celtic fan? Go over and see the east end got for a 2 hour show which was full of Catholics and Celtic fans for our not their queen .

not trolling at all here but why are you voting no ? And if someone voting yes could answer the same question.

I am voting no because I do not believe that financially Scotland can afford to go it alone right now. I do respect the argument for Yes but it just doesn't woek for me. I am not happy with the present Westminster government by any means. ..but I hope that with people being engaged in politics right now that it will carry on after the referendum and we can start to make a change...

I am voting no as I am a proud Protestant, Rangers man , Scotsman and British, why should I let a fat bigot like Salmond, who does not give a fuck about my religion or believes,

If these bigots get independence then how long before we become a Republic?

Vote No just like your forefathers would have.

And why has this country not had a debate with what religion is voting what? As for any Celtic fan catholic I know are voting yes, fuck Scotland they want to break up the union then unite Ireland.

So vote yes and stab your own people in the back.

Protestants vote no.

Do you attend church every Sunday? Truthfully. ...

I am voting no because I do not believe that financially Scotland can afford to go it alone right now. I do respect the argument for Yes but it just doesn't woek for me. I am not happy with the present Westminster government by any means. ..but I hope that with people being engaged in politics right now that it will carry on after the referendum and we can start to make a change...

cheers mate im voting no because at the moment the yes campaign is made of empty promises and misleading policys.

I'm not sure why you're asking, cos I'm not following the thread, but Jordan is the first example that springs to mind of a nation that has gained independence (in this case from a British mandate), but is not a republic as it has its own monarchy.

Genuine question, people keep throwing out the 'don't want independence because we will be a republic in 5 years', which obviously has the Republic of Ireland / Catholics / Celtic connotations.

Is a republic purely to do with not having a monarchy?

They Snp voters were all advised to go on to the YuGov poll and vote in high numbers. The idea was to narrow the vote, and hope that voters would switch to the yes vote.

Mistral not sure if what you say is accurate but the BBC have a really good poll-tracker which I only became aware of recently. One of the anomalies that jumped out at me was the discrepancy between 'you guv' and the other better known polling groups.

The numbers just seemed 'odd', perhaps giving credence to your assertion...... could just be down to the demographics of the pollsters or it could be the Snp up to their old surreptitious tricks.

It will be us against the rest if it were to happen. And we can't even agree on the biscuits with the tea.

We could be the rebels in our own country if that lot get there way.

But either way every second week 50,000 strong at Ibrox singing Rule Britannia, well until it's banned with the billy boys.

But I think it is a lot closer than people think.

Genuine question, people keep throwing out the 'don't want independence because we will be a republic in 5 years', which obviously has the Republic of Ireland / Catholics / Celtic connotations.

Is a republic purely to do with not having a monarchy?

yes.

"re-public" means "back to the people".

ie from the previous holders, the monarchy.

republics tend to have presidents, monarchies don't.

The USA is a republic, as is China

They Snp voters were all advised to go on to the YuGov poll and vote in high numbers. The idea was to narrow the vote, and hope that voters would switch to the yes vote.

Can believe this but think the vote being close at this stage is better for the no campaign tbh. Some may have not bothered voting as they thought no was a done deal and they didn't need to bother. Now , hopefully everyone realises that every vote is crucial. Hopefully the yes campaign has played into our hands a little here.

It will be us against the rest if it were to happen. And we can't even agree on the biscuits with the tea.

We could be the rebels in our own country if that lot get there way.

But either way every second week 50,000 strong at Ibrox singing Rule Britannia, well until it's banned with the billy boys.

But I think it is a lot closer than people think.

its terrifying to think the people who will get into power in an independent Scotland, if anyone thinks that gcc is corrupt at the moment , should independence take place we are going to see this corruption extend even further into public bodies and like it or not the protestant , unionist community are going to be the enemy within in these people's eyes. and wether people like it or not , rangers are seen as a part of this section of the community and along with other organisation such as the orange order etc will be treated shambolically in the process .

its terrifying to think the people who will get into power in an independent Scotland, if anyone thinks that gcc is corrupt at the moment , should independence take place we are going to see this corruption extend even further into public bodies and like it or not the protestant , unionist community are going to be the enemy within in these people's eyes. and wether people like it or not , rangers are seen as a part of this section of the community and along with other organisation such as the orange order etc will be treated shambolically in the process .

Totally agree. I can see the parades being banned within a couple of years if a yes vote goes through.

Totally agree. I can see the parades being banned within a couple of years if a yes vote goes through.

yup , or at least restricted and down sized severley . traditional orange tunes will also find themselves in the illegal secterian bill aswell. indepenedence is a republicans wet dream.

A Yes will turn Scotland into even more of a republican hell hole, vote yes to see ALL loyalist traditions sold down the river and banned within a few years. What Ranger would vote for that?