***the Official Rangers V Pacific Shelf Thread***

MacBoyd

I remember a couple of years ago watching Hearts down at Anfield and Templeton got a free role just behind the lone striker and was a standout. Wonder if KMAC has the balls to do something different like this on Sunday. Probably be the same old turgid predictable shite mind you. ?

If Smith plays at left midfield with just one up front I think we'll get beat. If he has to pick Smith why not play him at left back with Wallace left mid. Wallace would offer us more pace and directness going forward and it might be what Wallace needs, something different, because he's not been up to his usual standard of late.

Ideally though I'd go with two holding midfielders, probably Hutton and Black, with Law just in front and go with Templeton and Gallagher out wide, supporting Miller up front. (Gallagher has also got a bit of a presence as well as a good finish which is why I picked him over Aird). Need the pace from these two. Unfortunately, don't think there's any chance of McDowall doing this. I think it will be Smith on one side and Templeton or Aird on the, other probably Aird.

Smith will play, there is no doubt about that.

Templeton will only play if Aird doesn't.

We probably won't see anything different to the team that started the Hearts game although I feel it probably would be better for us to play 4-5-1. We can't afford to get overrun in midfield like we did v Hibs.

We probably won't see anything different to the team that started the Hearts game although I feel it probably would be better for us to play 4-5-1. We can't afford to get overrun in midfield like we did v Hibs.

Agreed.

The problem is that he would have to drop Miller or Daly and I can't see him doing that. Plus the midfielder who played in their place would have to be Black. There is no way he'd be able to keep his head in this game, IMO.

Personally, I'd start McCulloch in midfield.

Be amazed if the team is anything other than 4-5-1 & Miller up front.

McCulloch wont not play so hopefully he is in midfield and Black is left out, only positive thing Mcdowall has done is drop that fanny.

I know on Sunday i will be fired up for it, although in the grand scheme of things the game means fuckall until we can actually sort out the absolute mess we are in from top to bottom.

Agreed.

The problem is that he would have to drop Miller or Daly and I can't see him doing that. Plus the midfielder who played in their place would have to be Black. There is no way he'd be able to keep his head in this game, IMO.

Personally, I'd start McCulloch in midfield.

If Mohsni was back from International duty then I could maybe see McCulloch in midfield but I don't see who else he would put in at CB.

I'd drop Daly, even though Miller has lost some pace he could still cause the Celtic defence problems and go with Temps Black Hutton Law and Aird across the middle. Temps, Aird and Law ideal for the counter attack.

Or maybe Kenny will take us all by surprise and throw an unknown in like Walter used to do sometimes someone like the boy Murdoch? :lol:

If Mohsni was back from International duty then I could maybe see McCulloch in midfield but I don't see who else he would put in at CB.

I'd drop Daly, even though Miller has lost some pace he could still cause the Celtic defence problems and go with Temps Black Hutton Law and Aird across the middle. Temps, Aird and Law ideal for the counter attack.

Or maybe Kenny will take us all by surprise and throw an unknown in like Walter used to do sometimes someone like the boy Murdoch? :lol:

Isn't Zaliukas back fit?

I'm not sure. I think I'd be more inclined to start Daly. I feel that he would cause them more problems especially in the air and at set pieces. Miller's work rate is really good but he has played really deep most games and has squandered alot of chances when he's got into scoring positions. I'm not sure he would be able to lead the line very well himself for this game.

No chance of that happening, it'll be the usual suspects. The only real decisions he has to make is Aird or Templeton and whether or not he puts another man in midfield.

Be amazed if the team is anything other than 4-5-1 & Miller up front.

McCulloch wont not play so hopefully he is in midfield and Black is left out, only positive thing Mcdowall has done is drop that fanny.

I know on Sunday i will be fired up for it, although in the grand scheme of things the game means fuckall until we can actually sort out the absolute mess we are in from top to bottom.

Agree with everything you've said there.

Isn't Zaliukas back fit?

I'm not sure. I think I'd be more inclined to start Daly. I feel that he would cause them more problems especially in the air and at set pieces. Miller's work rate is really good but he has played really deep most games and has squandered alot of chances when he's got into scoring positions. I'm not sure he would be able to lead the line very well himself for this game.

No chance of that happening, it'll be the usual suspects. The only real decisions he has to make is Aird or Templeton and whether or not he puts another man in midfield.

I'm not sure about Zaliukas actually but I remember seeing pictures of him in training so I suppose its a possibility. I just can't see him changing a defence thats been playing together for months.

After talking in the other thread about the Dundee Hibs game last season I actually wouldn't mind if Daly was up front on his own, because he did well in that game with Shiels just sitting off him.

I just really hope he goes with 5 in midfield otherwise we will let Brown control the game like we did with Scott Allan and it will be a repeat of the Hibs game and probably end up worse.