RFFF statement - youth development at Auchenhowie proposed

graeme_4

Excellent use of the RFFF IMO (tu)

RFFF statement - youth development at Auchenhowie proposed...

Graphics can be viewed here - http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1076261-RFFF-statement-youth-development-at-Auchenhowie-proposed

RFFF Statement – February 2016

As we approach the fourth anniversary of the launch of the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund, our Committee has considered a number of options on the best way to invest the money so generously donated by supporters since the dark days of administration in 2012.

A host of proposals were discussed at length, including the creation of an Ibrox Museum to keeping the funds for use if any litigation was required with regard to the absurd notion of stripping Rangers of titles.
However, the RFFF Committee has unanimously agreed that utilising the funds to commission and pay for a new 264-seater Academy Stand and Changing Facility at the Club’s training ground would be a fitting and lasting legacy.
We initially engaged two top-tier contractors who originally advised the budget for this would be more than £1.2 million. This figure was prohibitive so we approached two other successful companies – SHD and Lochlie Construction – and are now happy to report the project can be delivered for £400,000-£450,000.

The RFFF Committee, like the majority of supporters, are keen to support the club’s youth department and the creation of this new facility overlooking the main youth pitch would be of great benefit to the Academy and provide a permanent tribute to the fans worldwide who have donated to the Fighting Fund in the past four years.

We have held informal talks with the club about our proposal and they are fully supportive.

There is no doubt Rangers is now in the hands of shareholders who genuinely have the best interests of the club at heart so the RFFF Committee believes the time is right to invest our funds.
The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund was launched by Ibrox legends Walter Smith and Sandy Jardine in 2012 to help safeguard and protect the club's future and assets.

We now believe we are on the correct path, Rangers is heading in the right direction with good people controlling the club so the Committee believes this project would be an appropriate way to utilise our funds.
It is important to stress, however, that this money was donated in good faith by supporters and while the Committee agrees this project would be the best way forward it is ultimately down to the fans to decide. The RFFF is in no doubt, though, that this is the best way forward and we urge the fanbase to back this idea.

Anyone with alternative thoughts on how to invest the funds please contact us through our official website - www.rangersfansfightingfund.uk/contact.asp - providing full name,email address and Rangers number.

We will hold a meeting in the Ibrox Suite at 7.30pm on Monday 29 February to discuss this proposal in further detail but in the meantime please take a look at the attached PDF which outlines our plan.
As with previous meetings, invitations are being emailed to supporters’ clubs and representatives of the various fans groups and we look forward to hearing the views of supporters at that time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Some of us are so fed up with the boardroom section that we seldom go there. The RFFF is not boardroom business anyway. This is in the right place.

. I don't  have a problem where it is, I just thought anyone interested might want to read through the original thread.

46 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The RFFF Committee, like the majority of supporters, are keen to support the club’s youth department and the creation of this new facility overlooking the main youth pitch would be of great benefit to the Academy and provide a permanent tribute to the fans worldwide who have donated to the Fighting Fund in the past four years.

A permanent tribute which 90% of our fans will likely never have access to. 

A real  tribute would be a museum, or much needed renovations to Ibrox - which will cater for this generation and further generations to come.

At this moment in time the money should be kept in the bank.

If and its a big if, were we to lose the BTC you can bet your boots the scum and the bent bastards of Scottish football will be after our titles again, so I definitely don't think at this time and moment that it is the correct time to be looking to splash the cash.

We already give enough every week to the youth development scheme and training through other means.

Just an opinion but can the committee not think of something that the fans can actually see every time they go by Ibrox Stadium,

If they feel we don't need to fight anything with the fund.

like a statue of the founding fathers or something along those lines?

There is no way there would be 100% agreement to ANY proposal submitted by RFFF, there would always be a vocal section of the support who would bitch & moan about it, say "not in my name" etc. 

If you feel that the RFFF monies should sit in an account until agreement is sought, it would NEVER be used. 

Personally, I think it's a great proposal and it's something I'm all for. 

A stand at Auchenhowie would be nice, but that's all it would be is "nice"

In fact it's utterly pointless.

But, to flip it, if it's a choice between being spent on that and sat in an account doing nothing with those clowns as custodians then it's an easy decision. Stand wins.

32 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

At this moment in time the money should be kept in the bank.

If and its a big if, were we to lose the BTC you can bet your boots the scum and the bent bastards of Scottish football will be after our titles again, so I definitely don't think at this time and moment that it is the correct time to be looking to splash the cash.

This makes total sense to me. 

Theres only one more case to go so I see no sense in rushing . It can't be that long away anyway , compared to when it started , because sure as night follows day and the result doesn't go our way , there's going to be all sorts of pressure from the usual suspects to review the commissions decision. 

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

There is no way there would be 100% agreement to ANY proposal submitted by RFFF, there would always be a vocal section of the support who would bitch & moan about it, say "not in my name" etc. 

If you feel that the RFFF monies should sit in an account until agreement is sought, it would NEVER be used. 

Personally, I think it's a great proposal and it's something I'm all for. 

If a proposal was made to fight a case against Kiddyfiddle Street, 100% would agree.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Utterly pointless. Seen someone attached to the RFFF (I believe) say this would give us the best youth facilities in Britain. Man City and their £200m Etihad Campus would disagree. 

I would bet that Man Cities 200m campus will not produces one regular player for the first team, much the same as Chelseas whose ready to retire captain is the last one to come through the ranks (after they poached him from West Ham)

What about using the money to create a permanent fanzone outside Ibrox. Somewhere that with planning permission could see an area around Ibrox stunningly designed and purpose built for fans entertainment before and after games?

This could incorporate small sided games areas, screens, music, vendors outlets, merchandise, kids themed games, covered / sheltered and open, lots of Rangers branding, a stage. A real fun orientated area for families and fans to have a laugh and build up to the match.

It could be designed in such a way that visually it would look fantastic? Just a thought...