RFFF statement - youth development at Auchenhowie proposed

graeme_4

2 minutes ago, 7troop said:

What about using the money to create a permanent fanzone outside Ibrox. Somewhere that with planning permission could see an area around Ibrox stunningly designed and purpose built for fans entertainment before and after games?

This could incorporate small sided games areas, screens, music, vendors outlets, merchandise, kids themed games, covered / sheltered and open, lots of Rangers branding, a stage. A real fun orientated area for families and fans to have a laugh and build up to the match.

It could be designed in such a way that visually it would look fantastic? Just a thought...

That was exactly what I was thinking. 450k could do wonders to the outside of Ibrox. It seems quite dull standing outside waiting to go in, we could brighten it up a bit with lots of rangers flags or union jacks. We could build like a sort of lobby into each stand where its all open at the bottom, just close that off and make it a more comfortable warm exciting area. I'm sure we have asked the council to turn Edminston Drive into a walkway. We could do something similar to the copeland corner where the megastore is, instead of a plain old road and fencing, get it spruced up with a nice walkway and road up with flags either side. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo this isn't a great idea I don't see how this is a legacy I think this is more an idea that the club want it without paying for it. Using funds to improve the stadium a bit and maybe putting some funds right through the youth system also keep the account open and let people put some money in whenever they want. 

19 minutes ago, dexiboy said:

This stand is being built bcoz the youth have to travel to Dumbarton to play there games there..dumbarton actually play there games at Murray park while we use there staduim I think it makes sense to have this built.

Pretty sure that's nothing to do with it and more to do with some daft rule that means the unders can only play x amount of games at Murray Park. So I've been told.

1 hour ago, FSM said:

The RFFF could have been spent on the cure for cancer and still folk would moan that "it's not what it was intended for".

Perhaps if they had been upfront, communicative and transparent from day one, there would be fewer donors complaining.

After months of continued silence they finally awake with a statement outlining what they are proposing to use the funds for.

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Perhaps if they had been upfront, communicative and transparent from day one, there would be fewer donors complaining.

After months of continued silence they finally awake with a statement outlining what they are proposing to use the funds for.

Months? years ...

I'm not against the stand idea per se but feel that the RFFF should invest the money so it makes more money. 

A fanzone sounds like the way to do just that or they should invest the lot in an oil company like BP or Exonn and within 3/4 years they'll be worth twice the amount.   

9 hours ago, 7troop said:

What about using the money to create a permanent fanzone outside Ibrox. Somewhere that with planning permission could see an area around Ibrox stunningly designed and purpose built for fans entertainment before and after games?

This could incorporate small sided games areas, screens, music, vendors outlets, merchandise, kids themed games, covered / sheltered and open, lots of Rangers branding, a stage. A real fun orientated area for families and fans to have a laugh and build up to the match.

It could be designed in such a way that visually it would look fantastic? Just a thought...

This is a great idea. 

2 hours ago, BL11 said:

I'm not against the stand idea per se but feel that the RFFF should invest the money so it makes more money. 

A fanzone sounds like the way to do just that or they should invest the lot in an oil company like BP or Exonn and within 3/4 years they'll be worth twice the amount.   

Aye, gambling the money is probably the best idea. Fuck waiting 3 to 4 years though, just stick it all on black (tu)

13 hours ago, one55 said:

the money should stay in their accounts. i don't think it should be spent on anything other than defending the club.

Got to agree with this. We don't know what is around the corner. We have had a couple of false dawns in  the last few years 

3 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Got to agree with this. We don't know what is around the corner. We have had a couple of false dawns in  the last few years 

You say that, but then you get the folk incessantly moaning "what the fuck's happening with the money, why can we not spend it on x, y or z?". Or there's the constant suspicion from others that money is being skimmed off the fund.

I can actually see why the people involved with the fund might just be relieved to get rid of it, actually sounds more like a burden than anything else.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Pretty sure that's nothing to do with it and more to do with some daft rule that means the unders can only play x amount of games at Murray Park. So I've been told.

Under 20's games require clubs to play games where ground has a stand..

Rangers use Dumbarton, Hibs use Spartans etc

2 hours ago, BL11 said:

I don't think I'd let you invest my money...........BP shares have collapsed since the oil spill....cost them £65 Billion...have you also seen the price of oil lately...

I think its a good idea! Id rather the club put a bit in as well and build somthing with a bit better facilities inside the stand creating a great youth facility separate from the seniors giving the youths somthing to strive for to move over to the seniors training facility.

Southhampton have somthing similar

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/05/southampton-reaping-rewards-philosophy-new-training-ground

1 hour ago, FSM said:

You say that, but then you get the folk incessantly moaning "what the fuck's happening with the money, why can we not spend it on x, y or z?". Or there's the constant suspicion from others that money is being skimmed off the fund.

I can actually see why the people involved with the fund might just be relieved to get rid of it, actually sounds more like a burden than anything else.

All they had to do was put out a quarterly or monthly statement saying the balance is ..... And any expenditure and people would not have been bitching. They said nothing despite repeated requests which will obviously cast doubt. That allied to the fantastic idea of funding someones legal defence did not inspire confidence.

If they told everyone they were keeping the money in reserve until the BTC was over I think folk would be ok with that.