***The official Rangers vs Kilmarnock match thread***

Gaz52

Saturday 29 October. 3pm kick off. Ibrox. 

Foderingham

Tavernier--Hill--Kiernan--Wallace

Holt--Halliday--Windass/McKay

O'Halloran--Garner--Miller

That's not exactly the team I'd pick but it's roughly what we've been seeing lately so just going on that. Would much rather have the likes of Rossiter and Wilson back in the team 

I've no idea who to play up top on the left as Forrester was terrible last night. Would probably give it to Miller or Dodoo

I think we'll win narrowly.

2 minutes ago, quabba said:

Also, what's wrong with Rossiter? looked a player from what I've seen so far.

I don't know mate I'm not the manager. I just suggested that team as that's what we're used to seeing now 

I can't see Rossiter going from not being in the squad to starting on Saturday. I like him as well. 

I thought McKay offered a lot more than Windass did 

9 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I don't know mate I'm not the manager. I just suggested that team as that's what we're used to seeing now 

I can't see Rossiter going from not being in the squad to starting on Saturday. I like him as well. 

I thought McKay offered a lot more than Windass did 

I thought Windass did ok, quite direct at times which is what we need at the moment.

Mckay needs a game or two on the bench to get his shit together, not been impressed with him the last few weeks.

I would change it up a bit...

Gilks

Tavernier--Hill--Kiernan--Hodson

Holt--Halliday--Windass/Forrester

O'Halloran--Garner--Dodoo

Both McKay and wallace have been struggling from what I've watched.

Big Wes looked although he was almost time wasting when we really needed the ball up the park.

Give the team a shake and see what it does to the guys that get dropped

Usually excited as fuck to have games as close together like this (Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday) but I find myself on the verge of dreading it, knowing it's more than likely to be another 90 minute struggle :(

Tav back in for Hodson, otherwise unsure of what to go with lineup wise. Maybe keep MoH in there too?

1 minute ago, quabba said:

I thought Windass did ok, quite direct at times which is what we need at the moment.

Mckay needs a game or two on the bench to get his shit together, not been impressed with him the last few weeks.

I would change it up a bit...

Gilks

Tavernier--Hill--Kiernan--Hodson

Holt--Halliday--Windass--Forrester

O'Halloran--Garner--Dodoo

Both McKay and wallace have been struggling from what I've watched.

Big Wes looked although he was almost time wasting when we really needed the ball up the park.

Give the team a shake and see what it does to the guys that get dropped

That's got to help us get a win field 12 players?

7 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

I think we will see the same team from last night. What I would go with is

wes

Tav Kiernan Hill Hodson

MOH Windass Holt Dodoo

Miller Garner

struggled with the left midfielder. Think Dodoo deserves a chance. 

Our gaffer doesn't do 442 unfortunately. Would love him to try it

We should batter them, but we'll probably drop points.

It'll be freezing, I'll be bored and the last fifteen minutes will see Foderingham repeatedly being screamed at by fans demanding that he does the opposite of what his manager is telling him; boot it up the park. Garner, if he plays a part, will challenge at least two Killie players to a square-go and typically, Kris Boyd will probably score.

Another 1-1, I predict. Foderingham, McCrorie, Kiernan, Hill, Tavernier, Rossiter, Halliday, Barton, Dodoo, Waghorn, Andy Little. Fuck it.

I'd have Windass as the wide left forward. stonng runner, direct and shot like a rocket. Never a playmaker IMHO. Maybe at Accrington level but not here. 

Fod

Tav Hill Wilson Wallace 

Rossiter/Crooks(fittest one)

Holt        Halliday

MOH Swash Windass

Wes

Tav   Kiernan   Hill   Wallace

Crooks
   Windass          McKay

MOH        Garner        Dodoo. 

Made 4 changes from last night. Halliday looked gubbed towards the end of the semi final. Also looked leggy last night and was pretty poor. Forrester with the exception of that shot in the first few minutes was absolute dross. And Jason Holt who doesn't do enough for me except run about. He struggles to create chances and struggles to put chances away. Had a good one last night and put a tame effort straight to the keeper. Not for the first time this season. 

Slightly hesitant in putting McKay in there. Totally shat it last night for that 50/50 in the air which lead to a counter attack. I feel we're starved of creativity in there though so with no Niko available he was my next choice. 

I miss Niko. 

5 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Am I the only one thinking that our wins come across as more luck based than anything? 

I sincerely hope we can beat Killie at home we really need a good run. completely agree with the line up btw. 

Feels that way, but then most of our losses and draws have felt that way too. After all, this time last year we lost 3-1 to St Johnstone. In some ways this game felt a bit like the last year's semi-final cup win. We dominated and were much the better team particularly in the first half, but Celtic carved out the best chances. So it was with St Johnstone last night. Find that cutting edge in and around the box, run more directly and sometimes through the damn middle, then the wins will come and they won't feel like any kind of luck.